Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » How Can They Do This?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Can They Do This?
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got a request from a potential customer about cutting some vinyl graphics. He showed me the quote from a local Sign-a-Rama for 100 2" x 8" 4-color graphics, individually cut and weeded letters and logo.
Their price: .65 each.

How in the hell can they produce that at a profit?

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't you hear.. They Outlawed Profit in America.

Actually Sonny, They are selling by the Foot. They are looking at Material costs not Perceived Value. They can get 8 Decals out of a Square foot which costs them .30 cents sqft. Selling at $5.20 a Sqft.

Man we're raking in the doh now.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But we're talking 4 different colors - and the lettering is 1/2" tall (I hate weeding tiny letters)
I can't for the life of me figure out how it can be done without losing your shirt......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh I thought you meant Digital prints...

The other answer... Minimum Wage.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NAA They can't even do it for 3 bux an hour, they simply are not making any money...

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might think they have brain damage...oh wait...they don't even have a brain!

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$65 lol lets see cost of set up, vinyl, print, weed, business...

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Wood
Visitor
Member # 6543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Wood   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy a roll of vinyl for $50 dollars
cut letters sell them cheap,now I have $60.
Ten dollars more than I paid for the whole roll.
Now I'm out of vinyl,gotta buy another roll.
After thinking this whole situation over,my wife and I have talked this over and have decided we have to buy another plotter and then we can make twice the money.We probably will have to put up some kind of partition to move the chickens to the other end of the house so we will have more room for the new plotter we found on craigs list.This is where we can save again.I found an old 100 ft. extension cord that will reach from the bedroom window and I want have to buy a book showing me how to rig up a new plug for the new plotter cause fire flys out of the one we planed to use.Yall see...this is how they make money!

--------------------
Bill Wood
Bill Wood, Sign Artist
3628 Ogburn Ave., NE
Winston-Salem, NC 27105-3752
336-682-5820

Posts: 397 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Weeks
Resident

Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Weeks   Email Kathy Weeks       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonny - I hate to even say it, but I worked at a Sign-A-rama for almost a year [Frown]
I am happy to say, that the owner of that shop, went out of business after only one year. He did not know how to price anything! [Bash]
I learned a lot about overhead, costs, pricing (and that franchise is scary).
I know several of those Sign-A-Rama "stores" have gone out of business, in my area, for the same reason - bad at pricing.
Even though very few of these franchise stores survive, it still doesn't help the rest of our established and legitimate sign shops, because those "stores" give customers a false price scale! It's makes me sick, but on a positive note, I do get several new, good customers a year - say they had a franchise store make some signs for them - the store is gone or did a poor job, so these new customers say they've learned their lesson - go to an experienced sign professional!

--------------------
Kathy Weeks
Weeks-End Signs & Graphics
Lake Elmo, Minnesota

Posts: 249 | From: Lake Elmo, Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why so many of these franchise things don't last; everybody's cutting each others' throats on pricing to where nobody's making any money.

The customer suffers because of the lousy quality of the work, but we suffer too. These knuckleheads are giving us a bad name, because now people want stuff for the same price they charged....and they want it yesterday.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Jenicek
Visitor
Member # 11121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Jenicek   Author's Homepage   Email Keith Jenicek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why we stopped doing corroplast signs. Sign A Rama and Fast Signs quote way too low. It ends up making us look like we may charge too much for the signs that really make our business.

--------------------
Keith Jenicek
Artisan Signs
St. Louis, MO

www.Artisan-Signs.net

Posts: 67 | From: Ballwin, Missouri | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
exactly Keith! Let them have all that quick sticker crap...go ahead and get that franchise paid for sign-a-rama and good luck!

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad we don't those assclowns here! They won't last long...but they seem to love to take down the whole industry with their lack of business knowledge.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy O Boy Most of you have got that one wrong... I was a Partner in a Fast Signs one time, at least around here I count Fast Signs as a Good Sign Company as far as pricing goes... they for the most part charge a fair price and are on the higher side when it comes to pricing, comparable to me actually. The worst ones around here are 2 experienced Sign Guys who are absolutley Terrible when it comes to pricing and quality. There's also a SignsNow who charge a decent price as well.

Saying that most of these Franchise shops charge low is not my experience.. they have to pay for Franchise fees and a Commission. Usually have a high end Store front and all the bells and whistles. Most of the LowBallers here are one or 2 man operations who operate out of their houses much like a lot on here. lol

At least that's my experience... seems like it's different in some of your areas.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing is new under the sun. Thirty years ago it was the "wino joes". The big difference between now and then is the sheer numbers of low ballers. Memphis is a fairly large area, around a million metro population. We might have had a half a dozen "joes" back in the day. Nowadays there are hundreds. I'm actually just guessing because I'm really pretty far removed from sign work, mostly because of just this sort of thing.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Wood
Visitor
Member # 6543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Wood   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If all computers,digital printers,vinyl cutters and automatic screen presses had a meltdown, the sign business would be a search and find situation for someone to PAINT THEM SIGNS.These people are very rare

--------------------
Bill Wood
Bill Wood, Sign Artist
3628 Ogburn Ave., NE
Winston-Salem, NC 27105-3752
336-682-5820

Posts: 397 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonny, stuff like that boggles my mind too.

Another thing that wracks my brain is how customer's standards seem to be lowering along with the demishing quality of signwork. Quality work is taking a back seat to saving time and a buck. I swear, sometimes I think they'd take even a spelling error on their name and say it's "good enough" just to check "signs" off their to-do list quickly for cheap. haha

That 'ol saying that goes fast, cheap and good, .... pick two ... Well, fast and cheap seems to be the choice more often now, by the looks of it.

My question to the shops who fall short on pricing is not only how but .... why?

[ March 16, 2011, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Janette Balogh ]

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Very Rare Bill, actually extinct would be a better word. Sad Really, but it's a Now society, and we are all guilty of it.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Janette Balogh:
Sonny, stuff like that boggles my mind too.

My question to the shops who fall short on pricing is not only how but .... why?

This is something I've never been able to get my head around. Would these same people use this approach when applying for a job? " I see you are applying for a position with our company. Our saleries start at $57,000 a year." " Oh, I can work for much less, how about $31,000" [Bash]

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, someone has convinced many of these newbie franchise owners that the best way to get new accounts is through lowering prices. Then, once those accounts are acquired, they can then adjust the prices so that profits can be made.

This was never a well thought ouy strategy. Low prices initially establishes the benchmark that these shops are willing to do work for. If they last long enough to get to the "raising price" stage, they encounter resistance, or have established a reputation for cutting corners and inferior craftsmanship. It becomes difficult transistion to the point where they price and sell at realistic levels, so they give it up as a lost cause, and another steps up to suscribe to the same strategy to success that their predecessor just gave up on. The cycle repeats itself, and everyone suffers.

The real mystery is why so many fools buy into such a business model ?

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonny, in answer to your question...... stupidity makes people capable of doing anything. Of course the question then is for how long.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most retail businesses use a concept called a loss leader. The theory is get them into the store then upsell or sell them something they didn't know they "needed". It's worked very effectively since retail was born. Franchise shops are often run by people with retail business backgrounds, so you see lots of 'Non traditional' sign marketing techniques. Consumer's are basically dumb. They can easily be persuaded that just because your the cheapest in town at decals, that it stands to reason that your the dimensional letters are too. Just get them in the door and your in control. How you proceed from there is up to you.
Safeway didn't get to where it is afraid to cut all profits on one item, only to make it back many fold on chips, ice cream and bread.
That said, lot's of retailers fail because they don't follow through with service and quality once they get the customers' attention. The same would be true in the sign businesses.
Just another perspective, take it or not. [Smile]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Weeks
Resident

Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Weeks   Email Kathy Weeks       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hand lettered an HHR last week - it was requested by the owner. No vinyl - it was fun for me!

I have to back up Neil - FastSigns in my area understands pricing.
Sign-A-Rama, on the other hand, has a computer price program called 'Casper", that all their franchise owners have to buy. They tell the owners it's "automatic" and will price all and any sign for you - just punch in the dimensions and material and it figures it precisely for you. [Rolling On The Floor]
But, that's not where the problem starts - I had a Sign-A-Rama rep. tell me that 9 out of 10 of these owners thinks they're "buying a job". They know nothing of the sign trade, no talent, no clue, but they're going to run a sign business and make lots of money. [Bash]
I met two of these so called owners, and neither one of them knows how to/or sits down to figure out how much labor, material and overhead costs for each custom sign - why? They said,"Because we don't like doing that - it gives me a headache."
[Eek!] [Bash]

--------------------
Kathy Weeks
Weeks-End Signs & Graphics
Lake Elmo, Minnesota

Posts: 249 | From: Lake Elmo, Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Oliver
Visitor
Member # 2019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Oliver   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neil D. Butler:
Very Rare Bill, actually extinct would be a better word.

Ouch! I hand letter stuff all the time...Not as much as the old days, but still...Last Friday I lettered an interior wall for a Chiropractor. He stood and watched me for the better part of an hour. He said he just loves to watch a craftsman at work. Made my week!

--------------------
Brian Oliver
Paxton Signs
Fort Collins, CO
paxton@peakpeak.com
www.paxtonsignsofcolorado.com

Posts: 237 | From: ft. collins, colorado,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

That's Great Brian, Maybe extinct around here, even though I can certainly hand letter, I Don't have much call for it. I do know there's quite a few on here who make a good living from it, "Extinct" not yet. lol

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeeese ... Neil!

You had me scared for a while!

I just checked .... I may be old, but I am not extinct!

[For Your Information]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Distinct! Si I meant Distinct! lol

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

David O'Hanlon
Visitor
Member # 2754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David O'Hanlon   Author's Homepage   Email David O'Hanlon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Wilkie:
Most retail businesses use a concept called a loss leader. The theory is get them into the store then upsell or sell them something they didn't know they "needed".

Don't drug dealers use this concept as well?

--------------------
Army Dave
Oz

Posts: 229 | From: Brisbane, Oz | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, and it works for them too. [Frown]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our local signarama only stayed around about a year before tanking. That's not even long enough to get a bad reputation.

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

"Today I'll meet nice people and draw for them!"

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

I told my customer that they either had some low wage employees they need to keep busy or they've come up with a way to produce them that cheap and still make a buck. I keep wondering, is it the latter?
I've almost quit doing coro, magnetics, and banners because I can order them much cheaper than I can produce them myself. For awhile, I was singing the "Middleman Blues", thinking that my days as a REAL signman were over and I was now just a salesman.
Then I realized that those were the signs I usually didn't enjoy making anyway - I have no printer heads to clean, no equipment payments and I can have the stuff in my hands in 2 days at a much bigger profit than before.
We can debate the merits of franchise sign shops til hell freezes over, but I have to thank them for making the rest of us come to terms with the business end of signmaking......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

quote:
We can debate the merits of franchise sign shops til hell freezes over, but I have to thank them for making the rest of us come to terms with the business end of signmaking......
That's the simple truth Sonny. We have to make a choice is it a Hobby or a Business?

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Sonny, you hit the nail right on the head! Absolutely!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Tony Lucero
Visitor
Member # 1470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Lucero   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Lucero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Neil we have some FastSign stores in our area that are pros and very successful. Generally their prices are on the high side. I am sure they are grossing north of $500,000 a year...wish. could say the same. Can't say thesame about SignARamas a few went out of biz but one FastSign also didnt make it. Iguess it's the operater more than the franchise.

--------------------
Tony Lucero
Eagle Graphics
Waterford, MI
www.eaglegph.com

Posts: 305 | From: Waterford, MI, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

FastSigns seeks former Business owners or Managers of Business's for their operations. Your Right Tony, they average Half a Mil a year for most, some hit a Million and beyond. I spent 4 years with them went to 3 conventions in Texas, and they are a slick company, at least they were when I was there. Of course I brought my old customers and my Sign "Skill" when I was approached by the local owner over 15 years ago.
I left Fast Signs after about 4 years, it was a decent seperation with him buying me out. I opened again on the other side of town and have a storefront operation.. I always have work and push towards the Half Million a year in sales myself, of course my expenses are a lot more than most, but I get to have time for myself can take holidays basically when I want, and that is worth it's weight in gold... and the business still runs without me. Has it been Easy? No.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I simply refuse to compete with anyone who is willing to work for free" -Me

Edited to add: Why in the world did they contact you, were they hoping you would beat the price??? OMG! [Eek!]

[Cool]

[ March 18, 2011, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Rick Beisiegel ]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ZkdHImCuQ

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Evans
Visitor
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Evans   Email Bruce Evans       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bet the house they receive a contour cut print and not die-cut.

--------------------
Bruce Evans
Crown Graphics
Chino, CA
graphics@westcoach.net

Posts: 910 | From: Chino, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!