Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » March Challenge - what's new?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: March Challenge - what's new?
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always enjoy seeing the new samples and things you guys are cranking out. Anything new this month?

My latest challenge was to create a new desk. With no budget of course. [Smile] That latter part is now an official sickness. My goal is to spend nothing when making something. Think I've gone too far?

-

I knew I loved striping firetrucks for a reason. Free pallet wood from their back 40 boneyard! [Smile] This stuff was oak and it was amazing.

-

Did I know what I was doing? Not really. But I laid out what I wanted to do on the driveway first, then actually built it in the spot it would ultimately land.

Dan happened to come by while I was figuring out the framework. He gave me one quick tip for the legs and I was off and running.

Oh. And those cedar planks came from my moving neighbor wanting to get rid of them. Perfect...

-

-

I did it! From scratch! Total cost was $3 for new screws. I still may 'crate' up the top with some kind of design. But for now, my 16 foot free desk is rock steady and has inspired me to finish up the rest of the room.

A room I once detested has officially become a junker's magnet. I can't stay out of it! And seeing as this was my first build from scratch, I'm officially calling myself a real builder now. [Smile]

Full build and reveal posts at:

http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2011/03/pallet-farm-table-desk-part-3-reveal.html

So... what's new with you?

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Len Mort
Resident

Member # 7030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Len Mort   Author's Homepage   Email Len Mort       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent job Donna!

--------------------
Len Mort
Signmaker1.com
11 Juniper Drive
Millbury, MA
508-865-2382
"A Good Business Sign, is A Sign of Good Business"(1957)

Posts: 811 | From: Millbury, Ma | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Raap
Resident

Member # 3632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Raap   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Raap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Donna you can't beat the cost. Looks nice.

--------------------
Dennis Raap
Raap Signs

Posts: 839 | From: Coopersville, MI | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerri Brownlee
Resident

Member # 15004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerri Brownlee   Email Kerri Brownlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very well done!

Kerri Brownlee
Glorious Graphics and Gifts
Mayflower, Ar

--------------------
Kerri Brownlee
Glorious Graphics and Gifts
312 Hwy 89 N
Mayflower, Arkansas 72106

Posts: 20 | From: Mayflower, Arkansas | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is really cool!

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 576 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Miner
Visitor
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Miner   Email Donald Miner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that is my kinda desk. I can feel the sense of accomplishment from making do with what you have. That is recycling at it's finest. Good job Donna!

--------------------
Donald Miner
ABCO Wholesale Neon
1168 Red Hill Creek
Dobson, NC

Posts: 842 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!