Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Cell Phone Bills

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cell Phone Bills
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many on here feel like the companies, especially here in Canada, are nothing but complete Ripp Offs, any horror stories?, we have been trying since August in getting a matter straightened out and today they cancel our service, we have the receipts from our Visa saying that the money was indeed paid, yet they say they don't have a record of it??? My wife has been dealing with it, and today after being on the Phone with another middle eastener, for over another hour, sorry I know I sound like a bigot here but I had enough, I asked her to hand the phone to me and asked for his supervisor, he kept on rambling, I asked several times to speak to some one else, he ignored what I was saying totally, finally I sort of lost it.. I asked for someone who speakes English, he then said I Speak English, I said I don't think so, you certainly don't understand it... now do you understand the words.."Let me speak to your Supervisor? and make sure he or she is from Canada?????/ Anyway we did get some headway, and our Phones are back on... for now...There.. I feel better.... "Serenity Now!"

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I solved that problem long ago!

If I am looking for a product or service ... I look up their Tech Help phone number off of their website.

I then call that number ... if they answer with a 3rd world accent ... I say "Sorry! My mistake!" and hang up.

Then I go to the next one on my list.

[For Your Information]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neil...I really haven't experienced any cell phone billing problems in Canada. BUT the costs are ridiculous!!!! Compared to many USA packages.

We currently use Solo (Bell subsiduary) on the most basic monthly plan. "Gave" us the phone if we signed a 2 year contract. It costs $15/month for unlimited local calls but don't use it for long distance!!!!

Our 2 year contract is finished this summer so I will have a look around, but doubt I'll find anything cheaper.

We seldom use our Canadian cell phone and only turn it on when we want to make a call.

Here in Mexico we bought a cell phone for $30 and got $30 worth of calling credits. It costs 40 cents for a local call no matter how long you talk. Now that we have had it for over 12 months I have to call Telcel and have them reduce the cost to 8 cents a minute. Our Mexican cell phone is on 24/7 and is invaluable to us.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8878 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's getting that way with lots of stuff,Neil. A lot of the big banks have also outsourced our information to South America.

There are so mnay hoops you have to jump through here, for cell phone service, to even get to talk to a real person......very frustrating.

And it never fails, there's always some vague little fee tacked on, for 'nationwide freedom' or some crap. When you do finally get to talk to someone, it's like "oh that; we don't know how that got on there. ...must be some computer thing." They're hoping you won't notice the extra couple bucks and pay it. Then, in a few months, they'll tack on something else......

[ February 02, 2011, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a plus they still kept talking to you....my daughter was having troubles...and getting frustrated, she asked to talk to someone who she could understand. [Smile] They marked in her file that she was very rude. I was sitting right there, and she was by no means being rude....just trying to get someone to listen to her, and at the same time be able to understand them. Drives you crazy!

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 576 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were just talking about that. I never would have imagined we would be spending this kind of money on cell phone service. Plus paying for a land line, Internet, etc

We used to deal with Hughenet. All their menus were spoken by a delightful upbeat westerner. But once human interaction started, it was brutal. I couldn't deal with it. Their so "trained" they were unaware how seething mad you were. Finally dsl came thru. At least with AT&T you can ask for onshore support.

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you get the chance just watch this little story done by "Marketplace" it's a CBC News Program... also just to fill you in a little more on our story, last November we took a trip to Florida, we Phoned and asked for a complete long distant package... Complete, they said it will run about $75 for the duration we agreed, Guess what? a month after we got back they charged, now get this... $2900.00... that right twentynine hundred bucks to our credit card..... they said we did'nt ask for roamng and Texting... what a pile of crap! This story proves that Canada is Outrageous in controling these rip off artists...

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2010/canadas_worst_cellphone_bill/main.html

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich Stebbing
Visitor
Member # 368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Stebbing   Email Rich Stebbing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once had a problem with AT&T and since I never could get a hold of the right person to resolve my issues, I wrote a letter to the FCC. All of a sudden ATT was calling me frequently to resolve.
I told the rep that for a "communications company" they seemed to have problems communicating. Long story short, matter resolved to my satisfaction, but I will change when current contract up.

--------------------
Rich Stebbing
RichSigns
Rohnert Park CA
707-795-5588

Posts: 755 | From: Rohnert Park, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!