Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Ozzie Dollar climbs above US Dollar!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ozzie Dollar climbs above US Dollar!
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couple weeks ago we were on par or just under courtesy of the mining boom here.

This week it went above and is now at A$1 = US$1.2 [Smile]

I can remember get just 56c in the dollar when I went to Fred's Meet 2003. [Frown]

Even my recent visit to Canada I was getting less than 80c in the dollar.

The tables have turned.

[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

Only thing that still bugs me is that our US imports (vinyl, substrates etc) have not dropped in price yet!

If the trend continues I plan to be back in North East USA in the fall next year. Especially with the cutthroat airline prices too.

Anyway "Happy New Year" to all our friends in Letterville and may 2011 be healthy, wealthy and enjoyable.

Jon (Bushie^) & Sue

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so like does that mean if I sends ya a twenty, you'll send me back thirty bucks? Sounds good to me!

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah 'Licia ... yer maths are all wrong. The Oz Dollar is worth MORE now than the US Dollar!

Send me a twenty and I'll send you back $19.80 if you are lucky [Smile]

[ December 31, 2010, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Jon Butterworth ]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, both countries can laugh on the way to the poor house. I am betting on Canada to hold up the longest.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Northeast USA next fall"

That's my neighborhood.....stop in or stay over. Would love to give you a tour of Ole New England. (The leaves are at their peak mid Oct.)

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Gaffney
Resident

Member # 4240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Gaffney   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Gaffney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doubt if anyone wants a few of our euros. Doesn't really matter cos we've none of them left here anyway

--------------------
Kevin Gaffney
Artistik Signs
Kinnegad
County Westmeath
Ireland
044-75187
kevingaffney@eircom.net

Posts: 628 | From: Ireland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Gene Adkins
Merchant

Member # 882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Gene Adkins   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Gene Adkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The media is trying to warn us Americans that inflation in the grocery store will go up 20%.

Not true.

Just bought a package of 10 burritos the other day for the regular price of $3. Price hasn't changed in years--except now there are only 8 burritos in the pak. True story. Do the math.

That's change you can REALLY believe in.

--------------------
Michael Gene Adkins
The Fontry
1576 S Hwy 59
Watts OK 74964

Posts: 845 | From: Watts, OK USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope that happens soon with the Peso.. I have 1 million Pesos still in my closet.. I think it's worth $2.99

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Churchill
Resident

Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Churchill   Email Chuck Churchill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Bushie,

The Canadian $ closed off the year at 100.51 US..its highest in 2 years. I think all of the financial problems in the US is going to give the other Western currencies a boost for a couple more years. The CDN$ being high is hard on our export business. The US is our biggest trading partner and they take it on the chin when our currency increases in value.

--------------------
Chuck Churchill,
It's A Good Sign Inc.
3245 Harvester Rd, U-12
Burlington, Ont.
Phone: 905-681-8775
Fax: 905-681-8945

Posts: 633 | From: Burlington, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same with shoes. But with the new congress they
have no souls...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
China does not have to invade Queensland!

We are digging it up ... coal, iron ore and natural gas as fast as we can dig it out of the ground.

In return they send us container loads of cheap sh#t!

[Eek!]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First time in a long time that our Cdn dollar bought more pesos than the US buck

Inflation is alive and well in Mexico. Everything is going up in price. I don't know how the everyday Mexican guy can survive.

Prices have probably doubled here in the 13 years we have been coming down. But, for us, we now get twice as many pesos for our dollar rhan we did back then.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!