Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Need new cedar vendor & warning

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need new cedar vendor & warning
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys!! Just a note to let you know what's up in our lives. We moved to Oakhurst, California and I am working in a great sign shop here.

We have run into a snag with a vendor. The shop owner placed a big order for cedar sign blanks from a company called "Perfect Plank". She faxed a copy of the cashiers check and the tracking number for the payment. The company moved but did not send a notice of that so the check went to the wrong address. They held up the order until the check had come back and re-sent. We also got another blank a couple of days ago that had been shipped out with the edge busted, but they sent it anyway. In all my days of dealing with vendors I have never seen such nonexistant customer service - especially in this economy!

My question is this: Is there another vendor besides these losers that make western red cedar panels, ready to blast?

[ December 02, 2010, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Ricky Jackson ]

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lawrence Armstrong
Resident

Member # 8336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lawrence Armstrong   Author's Homepage   Email Lawrence Armstrong       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ricky

Don't know if you want to buy from Canada...

http://allwoodsignblanks.com/contact.htm

--------------------
Lawrence Armstrong
1059 Price Road,
Parksville B.C. Canada V9P 2X1

Posts: 142 | From: Parksville B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vance Galliher
Visitor
Member # 581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vance Galliher   Author's Homepage   Email Vance Galliher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rickey, sorry to hear you had that experience with Perfect Plank. They have given great service to me and allot of other sign artists I know here in the Pacific Northwest. I'm always very impressed with the way they package their panels for shipment, especially with the edge protection they provide. Have you called them ?

--------------------
vance galliher
springfield,or
http://www.vancegallihersigns.com

Posts: 324 | From: springfield,or. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We did Vance but they said it evidently got broken in shipping. The packaging was in flawless condition. The piece that busted off was over a foot long and 1/2" into the wood.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Staffan
Resident

Member # 4552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Staffan   Email Sam Staffan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ricky, nice to here from you, sure hope you are still getting the Halibut fishing in once in awhile.

Ricky I know you have asked for Western Red, but I still use a lot of Redwood and I am getting it out there in Fortuna, California from Lewis Redwood supply.

http://www.lewisredwood.com/

--------------------
Sam Staffan
Mackinaw Art & Sign
721 S. Nokomis St. Mackinaw City, MI
dstaffan@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1694 | From: Mackinaw City, MI | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Thanks Sam. They seem to have stepped up to the plate for now. We got our boards in today and they paid for the shipping on the damaged one.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There ya go Ricky.......... and in this economy too, well isn't that wonderful.

BTW, I sold most all the 2 x 12 x 12 Redwood and Sequoia I had in the shop or would have held it for you if I only had known

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oakhurst, Ca? My husband and I are planning a trip there to celebrate our first date. It was at the Elderberyy Inn back in Mar. 29, 1992. I think it has a somewhat different name now, I think it's Elderberry House.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!