Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Does anyone live nearish to Aurora, Ontario?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone live nearish to Aurora, Ontario?
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might be making a sudden journey to Canada in a shorter timeframe than I'd ever anticipated.

I was born in South Africa. My parents divorced when I was seven & my mother & siblings & I came to Australia. My father eventually remarried & went to Canada in the 1980s.

I haven't seen him since the divorce in 1972, but we keep in some email contact. I've just received an email from him saying he's avoided telling me of his health whenever I asked because of various reasons, but now he wanted to let me know he's had a bout of bowel cancer, and a heap of other operations & is in terminal stages of something else pretty awful. Lung & throat & circulation & heart problems. It's very ominous. (He was not ever a smoker, either).

I'm looking at trying to make a trip over possibly within the next two to three weeks for a few days to see him while I can. I wondered if any Letterheads were nearby to Aurora, also?

[ November 30, 2010, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: Ian Stewart-Koster ]

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ian...we are 1 1/2 hours away and would love to have you come for a visit.

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2376 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregg Parkes
Resident

Member # 7710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gregg Parkes   Author's Homepage   Email Gregg Parkes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that Ian.

I pray that your trip will be fruitful for all the right reasons and that your journey is a safe and comforting one.

Cheers - Gregg

--------------------
Gregg
Sydney Signworks
(02) 9837 1198
Schofields NSW Australia

Posts: 368 | From: Schofields | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Churchill
Resident

Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Churchill   Email Chuck Churchill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ian

Aurora is about 40km North of Toronto and we are in Burlington about 50km West of Toronto. Good, fast expressways between the two will get you from one to the other in about 1 hour.

Kathy and I have two spare bedrooms if you would like a place to sleep at night and make coffee in the morning. You could come and go as you please as we are both at the shop Monday to Friday all day.

Email me at cchurchill1@cogeco.ca if you think we are close enough.

--------------------
Chuck Churchill,
It's A Good Sign Inc.
3245 Harvester Rd, U-12
Burlington, Ont.
Phone: 905-681-8775
Fax: 905-681-8945

Posts: 633 | From: Burlington, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ian, I think Steve and Barb's offer is your best bet.

They are wonderful hosts and you will love their town ... go for a walk with a camera

They may even organize a "panel bash" for you there like they did for Sue & I.

Now getting there .... we flew into a small airport very close to them rather than Toronto. Check it out with Barb.

If you go via LA and have any layover time, phone Si Allen before. You have to meet him.

If you go in thru Vancouver I have lots of contacts there too. Grandpa Dan's place is about an hour out too depending on traffic. His place will blow you away!

Hints:
#1 It's going to be damn cold ... snowing even!

#2 They drive on the "right" side of the road!

#3 They love Ozzies [Smile]

Safe trip mate

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear of the WHY you are coming- but that's neat that you are.

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the messages, and emails.
I'm not certain of dates or anything just yet-& have my passport application busy being processed.

I'll be in touch when I know something-thanks again.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!