Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » W A T E R 101

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: W A T E R 101
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What amount of water is good for you?!! It sure does help me feel better, but still trying to make sure I drink enough!

How about you??

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much water?

Until you have to pee!

[I Don t Know]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please explain! lol

--------------------
Deb Fowler

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
drink as much as it takes for your pee to run fairly clear/dilute.

I drink a couple gallons every day but I exercise in 110 degree heat, plus I sweat a lot just in general.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm drinking about a gallon a day. One thing I've found with increased water intake is that I don't eat as much. I'm down 15 lb. from a couple months ago and so far, I'm keeping it off.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5089 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

great news. good advice, thanks for the input and just to let you know I am encouraged! It's tough to find good water, but I do use a zero pitcher when I don't have better available. One of these days...a reverse osmosis filtration system.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Water is lawn food... where's the Creemore!

[Cool]

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The general rule is 8, 8 ounce glasses.

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been lots of controversy in recent months. The old 8 glasses thing has been tossed, since supposedly people have different needs. The clear pee thing is "today's hot setup"

Also, bottled water vs city water has been hotly debated. Many 'experts' say city water is just as good for you,or better, than bottled. Some fancy bottled waters have been found to be nothing more than somebody's tap water, put into a fancy bottle.

Some of the home filtration systems are very good.

If you're working outside in tremendous heat, and sweating a lot, you're probably going to be better off to supplement it with Gatorade or some similar product. It's much better than plain water in that environment.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miles Cullinane
Resident

Member # 980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Cullinane   Email Miles Cullinane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you have to be careful of over doing it as the body uses minerals to make urine and so if you are drinking a lot then the body needs more of those minerals to make the urine. check it out on the web.

--------------------
Miles Cullinane,
Cork, Ireland.

From the sometimes sunny south of Ireland,

Posts: 913 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...More than most people think they need.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One trick to test your hydration level is to pinch some skin together on the back of your hand behind the nuckles. It should snap right back. If not, you need water.

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale & Miles are right on.

If your drinking a lot of water it could be a sign of diabetes.

Make sure you are not retaining the water.
One of the tests is to push on your skin around your angle if it doesn't pop right back then you have a problem. If you are retaining water there are pills to ride your body of the excess and the Dr's always tell you to reduce your water in take. If your really thirsty try bitting on ice chips.

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2377 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much air should we breathe?

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark...that snapback test might work for you...but my skin stopped snapping back a while ago. [I Don t Know]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David...we should breath only as much as we need and leave the rest for others.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

very interesting! I have studied about those folks in the Himalayans that are "breatarians". but then we are on the water subject...different days our bodies probably need varying amounts of water from the other.

I love cool water from the refrigerator but it is said that we should be drinking room temperature liquids, an old wise lady taught me a long time ago.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not an oxygen theef...
But I drink all kinds of liquids.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My water tastes a lot like beer.

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, well lets see, Wyandotte is pretty close to Detroit, Detroit = big city, big city = lots of air pollution, I'd say you shouldn't breath at all down there. Come on up north and you can breath all you want.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5398 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People in big cities don't trust breathing any air they can't see.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5089 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Vickio
Resident

Member # 2265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Vickio   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Vickio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Jack!

Beer must have a little water in it ...... doesn't it?

--------------------
Tony Vickio
The World Famous Vickio Signs
3364 Rt.329
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
t30v@vickiosigns.com
607-535-6241
http://www.vickiosigns.com

Posts: 1063 | From: Watkins Glen, New York | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, you have those giant deer flies that drive me nuts. I would be swatting and going crazy and then using too much oxygen.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Just don't forget to drink enough this summer too; it affects your kidneys, heart, lungs and everything. I think that's why I was more motivated when I get reminded of that.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Here's a toast of ice cold water to you! It's the best thing to do, ya know some of us need encouragement!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!