Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Eric Clapton

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eric Clapton
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, would have loved to see him at Milwaukee Summerfest tonight, oh well, not in the budget this year, oh well...

he is still the baddest geetar player around! hands down...and his songs aren't bad either

(fainting, fainting, fainting)...

http://s0.ilike.com/play#Eric+Clapton:Layla:12468:s32343.16646.4892664.1.1.78%2Cstd_aaadb4d372aecadc5aaaffd5fb575982

[ June 28, 2010, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Gaffney
Resident

Member # 4240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Gaffney   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Gaffney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw him in Dublin's o2 arena last year. Wonderful performance. He didn't say very much, but then again, his guitar does all his talking for him.

--------------------
Kevin Gaffney
Artistik Signs
Kinnegad
County Westmeath
Ireland
044-75187
kevingaffney@eircom.net

Posts: 628 | From: Ireland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw him in the early 70's at the University of Alabama.

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite guitar player ever. I wore out my old lp of Cream. I used to work as an usher at the Forum here in Tampa. One summer we had Clapton, James Taylor and Rod Stewart. Great summer.

I was working the Clapton concert and had a great spot, lower level even with the front of the stage. A little boy about 11 or 12 came up and stood next to me. I asked to see his ticket and he said it was for the nosebleeds but could he stay for a minute because Clapton was his hero. I told him to have a seat on the steps and stay as long as he liked. After a 20 minute rendition of Crossroads we both had tears in our eyes. At the end of the concert the kid thanked me and said he'd better go find his dad. Great night.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandy Baird
Resident

Member # 4773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandy Baird   Author's Homepage   Email Sandy Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son, Che, surprised me once by asking to meet him in Toronto for a day of hanging out. We where walking past the famed Maple Leaf Gardens and there where a lot of people milling about the front of the building all excited about something. He said "Let's go in and have a look."

I said, "We would need tickets or something." He popped 2 tickets out of his jacket and we walked in and took our place 5 rows to the side of the stage eye level with "Slowhand".
It was his Blues tour. GREAT. Where we where, we could watch the guitar tuner prep each of the 14 guitars and go up on stage after each tune and hand him the axe with the right sound for each song. Again Great.
Nice kid I got, Eh.

--------------------
Sandy "Monk" Baird
Windwalker Sign Studio
Port Colborne, Ontario
L3K 4H9

Posts: 442 | From: Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff Beck (The Greatest Guitarist)is playing at

http://www.moldejazz.no/2010/index.php?page_id=511

not far, 3 hours drive

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark Knopfler is one of my favorite guitarists... would love to go to one of his shows.... only thing better would be if Eric Clapton would be there to play also.......

Like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ-JyAGUsys

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff Beck/Herbie Hancock Romsdalsmuseet NOK 470 (approx 90 US)

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clapton, Knopfler, Beck...all great.

If you like something with a bit more punch, try this one on for size....

Chickenfoot

Sammy Hagar- Vocals (Montrose, Van Halen)
Michael Anthony - Bass (Van Halen)
Chad Smith - Drums (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Joe Satriana - Godlike Guitar

Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw Clapton on his birthday back in the late 80's in Charlotte,NC,.....the music was great! surprised me tho he was kinda short,...or at least he didn't look but about an inch high from the nosebleed seats we had hahahahahahah

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How exciting, thanks for sharing.

I've always enjoyed Beck, and did get turned on to Herbie Hancock music when my hubby was a jazz bass guitarist.

He played an upright and a fender and was self taught, teaching at Cheap Trick's Rick Nielson's music store back in the old days. Dave played with Dizzie Gilespie and also opposite Count Basie, as we met them all and hung out. We met Stan Kenton and Ella Fitzgerald, What memories, but that is how I really got into jazz with Herbie Hancock.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a big Andy Griffith fan.... the way he plucked that guitar on the Andy Griffith show just about made me cry. :-)

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tiny Tim!!!! Now there was a Talent!lol

Eric is and will always be my Guitar Hero... along with Stevie.... I never had the good fortune of seeing Clapton, but did see Stevie and Double Trouble just before he died... sure I even did the Sign on the stadium where he played... must of Peeved off Double trouble though, at First all I had on the sign was "Stevie Ray Vaughan" and omitted Double Trouble, when they got to town I had to cahnge it to "Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble"..

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw CREAM, in the sixties. Second appearance in
the states.

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Gill:
I'm a big Andy Griffith fan.... the way he plucked that guitar on the Andy Griffith show just about made me cry. :-)

I like him best when he jammed with the Darlins.
Here's my guitar hero.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBruEX_iFM&feature=related

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw Santana open for Clapton years ago - then they came out together for a 45 minute encore - I died and went to heaven that night......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

yes, Santana and still going strong!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!