Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » If you see me coming this week, take cover immediately!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you see me coming this week, take cover immediately!
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunday afternoon, I began to feel weak. I attributed it to stress and not having had anything to eat since a light breakfast. Later, I started getting really bad abdominal cramps and pains, which got progressively worse. Then I began running a fever and was hurting so bad I could barely walk and Sophie took me to the emergency room.

After being in the waiting room for hours, there were still eleven people in line in front of us and no beds available. I told Sophie I wanted to go home and see a doctor in the morning but she wouldn’t allow that so I went out to lie down in the truck. Finally, it was my turn. They did a CAT scan and found no Persians, Siamese, or Russian Blues, but did diagnose diverticulitis and checked me in for a couple days of strong IV antibiotics.

I escaped from the hospital about 6 PM Tuesday, went home, changed, and dropped off my prescriptions at the pharmacy, planning to pick up the meds a little later. A block from the pharmacy, I got rear ended as I waited at a traffic light. I signaled the lady who hit me to follow me to the Carrollton City Hall parking lot in the next block. She begged me not to call the police and told me she had no insurance. I asked to see her driver license and she informed me she didn't have that either. She was obviously impaired by something, her speech was slurred and she could hardly walk, staggering everywhere and having to hang onto things to stay upright. I didn't smell any alcohol on her breath. Considering city hall is next door to the police station and there was a shift change, I didn't have to call police. After a few minutes, about six squad cars were there. It turned out her impairment was because of prescription drugs. There were a half dozen bottles of them in her truck.

I wanted to tough it out and go about my business but my back was starting to spasm and my right arm was going numb and I ended up with an ambulance ride back to the hospital. I have whiplash, a sprained back and neck. I hadn't even gotten my bracelet off from the first visit and now I have a matched set. The same ER nurse that checked me in Sunday checked me in last night. We decided we have to stop meeting like this.

The gal that hit me also got an ambulance ride to the same ER and her truck got a ride in another direction. If she was taking any of the drugs I’m on now, she was certainly impaired. I really feel sorry for her but she shouldn’t have been behind the wheel. Whatever financial mess she’s in just got squared.

Sophie was with me in the truck but she came out of the collision just fine. She thinks it was because she was already packed into her seat with a pillow because of her back pains.

I'm home now, with my original prescriptions... and two more. I feel like I just got back from a really great party--and I was the dance floor!

So far, it has not been my week... and it's only HALF over!

[ April 29, 2010, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: David Harding ]

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Arnott
Resident

Member # 215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Arnott   Email John Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW David....life sure comes at ya fast!
Good luck.

--------------------
John Arnott
El Cajon CA
619 596-9989
signgraphics1@aol.com
http://www.signgraphics1.com

Posts: 1443 | From: El Cajon CA usa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it no one told you about the voice-mail from the IRS today.

My 90 year old grandmother who hadn't been to the hospital since giving birth to my mom in 1942 was diagnosed with diverticulitis earlier this year.

No more peanuts or spicy foods for her or you for a while. Hope you feel better soon.

As for the woman who rear-ended you, she's lucky she didn't kill anyone.

[ April 28, 2010, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Glenn Taylor ]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Moser
Visitor
Member # 6526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Moser   Email Jim Moser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel for you David ! I hit some loose gravel on the edge of the road and crashed a friend's motorcycle while on a charity ride Saturday, giving me a broken collar bone and a few bruises. My bike had a dead battery so my friend convinced me to ride his.... another case of the universe sending me a message that I didn't heed....
I hope you are feeling better soon ! I will be good to go in three or four weeks...

--------------------
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain !
Jim Moser Design
13342 C Grass Valley Ave.
Grass Valley, Ca. 95945
530-273-7615 jwmoser@att.net

Posts: 488 | From: Grass Valley, Ca. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Whynott
Resident

Member # 1622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Whynott   Email Terry Whynott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a paper cut today. Oww. [Smile]

Ok...you win.

Hang in there, it can only get better!

--------------------
Terry Whynott
Walkerton, Ontario

Posts: 1230 | From: Walkerton, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unbelievable!

Last time we were together working, you were the man! I think I even detected perfection! [Eek!]

I have been disallusioned [Frown] Hang in there!

You're still ok with Juanita & me [Wink]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3484 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Crumley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't over due it. Give your poor bod a little vacation. Take it easy for a while!

I hate to hear you're having all those physical problems. I have little experience with Diverticulitis but understand it doesn't just go away on it's own. I do have lots of experience being backended at stop lights. That too is going to take time.

I guess the Danville Walldogs are out for you.

Will give you a call in a few days.

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Posts: 1428 | From: 2200 Research Park Blvd. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bummer! Heal well & speedily- and stay put for a while!!!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David,
Really sorry to hear this. This is a good time for business to be slow so you don't overdo it. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1265 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to type a sympathetic and caring 'thinking of you' post, but then I got selfish and didn't want any of your bad luck to rub off on me, so I refrained from posti..n.....

DOH!

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speedy recovery mate.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh Dave I Feel your Pain in the Rear End Dept...

Get better my Friend.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"hardly Normal" mate [Smile]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frig, I just cracked a nail... seriously, Take it easy man! Sorry to hear of your troubles.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, you continue to show us how to face adversity. Luckily, your humor was not damaged.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm reminded of an old commercial (DuPont or something) "Better living through chemistry". Take the pills and come back down to see us when the pain is gone.

God bless you, my friend.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Diver
Visitor
Member # 1552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Diver   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Diver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Major bummer of a week. You better tell Sophie to get checked out too! I got rear ended a few yrs ago and felt fine at the time but hrs later my neck was killing me.

I hope you get well soon!

--------------------
Brian Diver
PDQ Signs
Everett, Wa

(425) 252-6110
Brian@PDQ-Signs.com
www.PDQ-Signs.com

Posts: 770 | From: Everett, WA 98201 USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I sat there contemplating my misery ... a voice came to me out of the gloom nd said "Cheer up! Things could be worse!"

So I cheered up ... and sure as hell ... things got worse!

Happy Healing!

[I Don t Know]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, I would stat away from Glacier Park,this
year...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack,

If I got eaten by a bear at Glacier Park right now, he'd get buzzed from the Vicodin.

I'm trying today without pain meds. I've got work to do and that "no pain, no brain" stuff didn't get anything done yesterday.

My brother in law calls me his insurance policy. He says he's perfectly safe as long as he's with me because whatever happens, will happen to me and not him.

[ April 29, 2010, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: David Harding ]

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing David always has going for him, is that he's never alone. He always travels with his "friends" and sometimes even his sisters "friends". [Smile] I hope none of them were injured.

[ April 29, 2010, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Duncan Wilkie ]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
get well soon David!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Mike Reed, a friend of mine (also a friend of my sisters) visited visited me Monday, left and sent me a picture message a half hour later of the X-ray of the heel bone of another friend, Paul. Paul had loaned scaffolding to a fire station for them to use while painting. He was dismantling the scaffolding while another firefighter was supposed to be holding it. The firefighter let go to answer his cell phone and the scaffolding started falling down. Paul fell ten feet onto concrete and shattered his heel bone and then the scaffolding all collapsed on him.

While he was in surgery, I spoke to his wife on the phone. She told me the doctors want Paul off his feet for two to three months and then she added "Like that is going to happen. He thinks he can fly." I told her, "He can fly, and he flies very well, it’s just his landings he needs to work on."

A couple of my sisters also visited me but they escaped serious injury, although one of them has already ridden out two tornadoes in her house this year.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, good luck on your recovery. I also have the IBS all my life but now on the (good bacterias) activia and lots of water, then not to forget the omega oils every day!
More apples and less pizza works for me pretty well.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David! Yikes, man. Hope you feel better soon.

Ever been in an accident before and delt with settlement claims? If the answer is no, start documenting how you feel daily, what meds you're on, how much, etc. You'll be asked all this stuff later and you won't remember.

Three times accident victim and 'sort of' survivor here. (I'll never be fine and I'm fine with that)

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there Brother David. You are obviously loved and respected here. God Bless.

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

"Today I'll meet nice people and draw for them!"

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!