Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Something Very Childish and Immature

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something Very Childish and Immature
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had with Telemarketers and I have finally snapped, So I have started a new way to deal with them.

My Phone service is through Bresnan Cable and we have a bunch of different options available my 2 favorite are Selective Call Blocking and my most favorite Selective Call forwarding.

What I do now with these unwanted calls. First time let it ring and get their number off the caller ID. Now I will use the selective call forwarding and forward the number to another telemarketers number.. So all these lease companies trying to get me to lease will be forwarded to another Lease companies Phone number and so on.

Yes I know.. Totally Immature.. But I don't Care. [Smile]

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not immature. That's just pure poetic brilliance!

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the present and current owner there?

When will he be there? Never?

[ April 05, 2010, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Curtis hammond ]

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ed Gregorowicz
Visitor
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Gregorowicz   Email Ed Gregorowicz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHen I get telemarketers calling me at home, I simply tell them that I'm bust at the moment, but I'd be glad to call them back later, then I ask for their number at home.... When they reply that they don't do business at their residence, I reply, "Well, you have no problem calling ME at home...."
It's usually pretty effective.

--------------------
Ed
The Signwerks
1951 SR 254 Orangeville, Pa.

Posts: 199 | From: Orangeville, Pa. USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just as soon as I detect someone trying to give me a sales pitch, I simply hang up. That way I don't waste any time explaining anything to them. I just cut them off with a click. It keeps me from too upset about it.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be nice and cheerful as I explained my lack of interest in their proposal but they have worn me out. hanging up is just plain faster. I did know an old lady that when called by Arthur Murray Dance Studio would keep the telemarketer on the phone as long as possible asking them leading questions. She'd finally let them taste a successful closing of the sale and then would ask them what programs they offered to those in wheelchairs.She really did suffer from polio.

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

"Today I'll meet nice people and draw for them!"

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Elmgren
Visitor
Member # 11536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Elmgren   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Elmgren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take the phone off the hook, lay it down, let 'em run out their time. Telemarketing works because uninterested parties hang up immediately, providing time to call another number. Tying up their phones ruins their percentages. I guess I'm not all that busy anyway.

--------------------
Eric Elmgren
ericsignguy@comcast.net
A & E Graphic Signs
Park Ridge, IL
"The future isn't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

Posts: 192 | From: PARK RIDGE, ILLINOIS | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I told one lady who was wanting me to change my phone service "I'm sorry ma'am, but I don't even own a phone..." she quickly apologized and hung up-- probably still scratching her head over that one!

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1736 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We get the same stuff here in Mexico...

As ashamed as I am to say it... "FU" works here too.

I only use the "FU" comment after the "no habla Espaniol" explanaition doesn't work!!! LOL

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8876 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever someone specifically asks for Mr. or Mrs. so and so, and it's obvious it's a telemarketer, I just tell them they're (me) dead.
Off the list I go!

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an extension in the bathroom because the phone always rings just when you get seated comfortably!

Anyhow ... when a telemarketer calls ... since I have nothing better to do at the moment ... I lead him on until he wants to close the sale. that is when I say "Listen!" and flush, then hang up.

Other times when I get the "May I speak to the owner/buyer?" I say just a moment and wait a lil bit, then go into my Meester Wines and Meester Boones routine. “Please to kindly give to me beeg beeg discounts. I make to you beeg feast with you, yogurt, falfal and goat meats.You will much enjoy seating between our daughters. They would very much be please to marry weeth you. Daughters are kindly persons much plump weeth small moustaches!” At that point they usually hang up on me.

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Stanley
Visitor
Member # 6786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Stanley   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Stanley       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya I like to have fun with them. When my first wife left I would tell them how I got no money my wife left, took the kids, and all the money and go on about how I missed her, boo hoo. It was great therapy!
Then I would get calls for my mom after she died and I would ask if this was some kind of sick joke! Some times I would tell them I died and make up a wacky scenario.

[ April 05, 2010, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Dana Stanley ]

--------------------
Dana Stanley
Mass.
(508) 234-8193
http://stanleyphotographer.com

Posts: 805 | From: Whitinsville,Mass USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it Bill! I usually have fun with them....like asking what type of signs they need to order to promote whatever it is they're selling. The constant online yellowpage people wanting to verify my info I have fun with also. I either repeatedly ask them "what? sorry, can't understand you. We speak English here, perhaps you should call back when you can also" or when they start asking contact info, I tell them my consultation fee is a minimum of $25 and would they like to put that on visa or mastercard? Usually they reply that there is no fee for me to be listed on their service & I explain that if they are calling me in the middle of my work day & wanting info, that is a phone consultation & I get paid for my knowledge.

At home, we were getting daily phone calls to buy a warranty on 1 of the trucks. I told them repeatedly we were on the do-not-call list. Finally I started messing with the woman to the point that she told me to F*** off and hung up on me.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!! You guys sure utilize alot of energy on this!

All you have to do is interrupt and simply say, "Please take me off your calling list." Legally they have to do it if you ask. Those other methods? They'll be calling you back in no time.

Oh. Say it once, THEN hang up. [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Donna, that wouldn't be any fun.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Search Tom Mabe on youtube.

Hilarious stuff.

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna, a few loopholes the telemarketers have found & use:

* Business lines are exempt from the do-not-call laws.
* Do-not-call only applies if they are trying to sell you something.
* They can call you repeatedly if you have or had an existing relationship with them.

So their way around it: call & offer to send you info, not sell you anything. They can keep calling til the cows come home or til you give in to get them to stop calling, then they can call because you agreed to accept their info & thus have a relationship with them.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Change your attitude, maybe that's why no telemarketers call my number. I am on the no call list along with the he will break your legs list [Smile]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did Have a Roommate once tell a Bill Collector I would be back in 3-5 Years after I served my time for Involuntary Manslaughter of a Jehovah Witness.

They Never Called back.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Byrd   Author's Homepage   Email John Byrd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brilliant! You have tied my all time favorite here:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/740134/telemarketer_prank_call_murder_scene_hilarius/

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874
http://johnbyrddesign.com
so happy I gotta sit on both my hands to keep from wavin' at everybody!

Posts: 741 | From: Ball Ground, Georgia, USA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever you do, if you fake like you're someone else and tell them you're not available, don't give a name when they ask who they're talking to.

That little stunt totally backfired on me - twice.

First time, it really sounded like it was going to be a telemarketer by the delay on the phone line, turns out it was a real customer - who would then ask for my other personality - Tim - when he would call. Dammit!!

Then I started getting telemarketer calls for "Tim" as well - argh! Double dammit!!

Now I'm right on the verge of telling the Leukemia Society to F.O. - but they hang up before you even have a chance to reach the phone! If they would just let me answer, they wouldn't have to call me... eeeeevery night!

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!