Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Yes, I finally received census 2010 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Yes, I finally received census 2010
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 14 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
However all this hoopla over this and people saying only fill out "how many in household"and send it back was tempting. I decided to go another route when I opened mine and found it to be quite the questionaire. Coupling this with the "WILL BE FINED" in bold on front of envelope sorta left me with one option

-

IF they wanted results then how can you send something to someones home marked as resident, and then add a threat on the outside of the letter. Also why was this not sent certified mail as to insure delivery?

Did anyone of you actually fill this out completely?

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did, that way they can find me to come and take all of my guns, ammo, and cash I have laying around.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I took the exam and passed but, by the time they called to inform me I was hired as an 'enumerator', work had picked up substantially here at the shop so I opted out. My wife has been in the training class this week.

She said they first told them that filling out the entire form was REQUIRED BY LAW but, when they realized word was getting out this wasn't true, they later changed their story. The truth is, you basicly only have to give them the number of people living in the residence.

Another thing that struck me as weird was that they were instructed to record whatever the subject said. For example, if two women were living in the residence, and one of them says she's a man....put it down.

But what really takes the cake, for me, is that they told the student enumerators that if they witnessed a crime being committed while on the job, no matter how severe, they could not report it. I'm thinking WOW...so if you see somebody abusing a child or killing somebody you can't report it to the sheriffs dept? I told my wife to verify and they again said you could report nothing. She also found out this was why the Census Bureau would not hire any individuals employed in law enforcement.

So what's more important to the feds; personal information or the safety of it's citizens?...and TRUTH

[ March 19, 2010, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Wayne Webb ]

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7404 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to have soooooo much fun with mine.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All our form asked for was how many people lived in our house, if we owned it or were renting, ages and nationality. I don't think that is too invasive. Now if they asked more personal questions I could see getting upset about it but I guess I don't understand why people don't want to fill it out.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please follow this up by sending a picture of yourself docilely filling out the forms, with the former NFL linebacker Census worker they are going to send over to your house in the background.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. of Occupants: 2
Nationality: Amercian
Sex: Yes please.
Race: Indy 500
Rent or Own: Yes

My issue is that "the Government" often exceeds its authority beyond the Constitution. Article 1, Section 2 only requires a headcount. That is all the Constitution requires for the purpose of apportioning representation in the House. That is all that the Census should be about. It shouldn't be be asking about color, gender, whether you rent or own, or anything else.

The additional information is simply to help politicians figure out ways to fleece more money from us that we don't have.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the questions any different in the south then they are north or west of that area or are southerners just skeptical because their party is no longer in charge? It was ten simple questions and I answered them accordingly. If on the other hand persons are paranoid thinking that the government will take your guns away like the had done during the Bush administration right after hurricane Katrina then the fact remains that its your fault your guns are registered, but as I see it, those questions weren't asked. Yes 1 person lives here, no additional persons, yes, no my personal life hasn't a phone, my name, 66, no not latino, white and yes I sometimes stay other places for another reason. Just simple questions for simple paranoid schizophrenics who watch Fox news because they haven't the mentality to decipher what was said by the person opening their mouths and speaking [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, I find it hard to trust just about anybody these days.

I did fill mine out with all of the correct info.
5 white people living in at our address that never stay anywhere else and we all have a birthday once a year.

[ March 19, 2010, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Donald Thompson ]

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Census forms don't bug me.
In fact, I am thankful for them because they are a big help in looking up your ancestors.
Maybe someday one of your great-grandkids will be glad to find you.
I liked the old ones better, the kind that list marital status, occupation, and whether or not you were insane.
Love....Jill
1880 census from my great-great grandfather

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joey's Census interview......

"Hello, I'm representing the US Census Bureau and would like to ask you just a few questions"

"Sensa.....what?.......Oh yeah..sensamilla"

"No...CENSUS"

"oh I'm sorry but my senses are little IMPAIRED right now hahahaha....aHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

"what is your name?"

"lemme see.....i'm tryin to remember.....oh yeeeeahhh. Joey...Joey Madden"

"That's good...and number of occupants"

"oh just a few arrrguments"

"how many people live here"

"well...there's just me...and myself...but we don't have no argumants"

"Fine....and what is the total household income?"

"what?"

"never mind...what is your race?"

"race? ...oh yeah...income/raise...no...they NEVER give me no raise"

"No Mr. Madden...what color?"

"oh dude...lemme tell ya...I see LOTS o' preeeetty colors"

"no...Mr. Madden..should I put you down for 'Caucasian'?"

Oh yeah, dude....what's the occasion? Oh ANY occasion is good...yeah"

"That's fine Mr. Madden...And what is your marital status?

"Mari.......what?"

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7404 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Wayne for the laugh but no one comes in my home without an appointment and in actuality Joey Madden isn't my real name as I have not used my real name in many years. I have another last name which few believe they know to be my real name but then again that too isn't real. I'd have to be pretty f---ed up not to know all my names I use when I am asked at different times but believe me, I am on top of it. You may ask, why all the secrecy, but due to circumstances I will not discuss on any forum I would rather leave it as it is and just play my part as you know it [Smile]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wondering if there are different forms as ours was very simple and non invasive like Jane's.

I'll find out next week since my wife was forced into retirement by yet another broke school and decided to work the census for a little extra cash. They pay is higher than substitute teaching.

Pathetic.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

They're paying 12.25/hr plus 50 cents/mile for an enumerator here, Dave. How about there?

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, sometimes I get the idea that Joey is pulling our leg.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll ask my wife and let you know.

Michigan is cheap I guess. She's going to get $11.75 an hour + 50 cents a mile.

Still better than teacher wages.

[ March 19, 2010, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich Stebbing
Visitor
Member # 368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Stebbing   Email Rich Stebbing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out here where I live they pay $20 per hr.+ the mileage.
It costs millions of dollars because people don't return them, which leads to follow up.
Fill it out and you won't see em' for another 10 years.
Job security and overtime for Census Workers.

--------------------
Rich Stebbing
RichSigns
Rohnert Park CA
707-795-5588

Posts: 755 | From: Rohnert Park, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Elmgren
Visitor
Member # 11536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Elmgren   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Elmgren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a letter telling me I was about to get a census form. Got the census form, filled it out & mailed it back. Got a postcard telling me to make sure I filled out the census form. I'm breathless awaiting my next notification. How the hell long does this go on??

--------------------
Eric Elmgren
ericsignguy@comcast.net
A & E Graphic Signs
Park Ridge, IL
"The future isn't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

Posts: 192 | From: PARK RIDGE, ILLINOIS | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vance Galliher
Visitor
Member # 581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vance Galliher   Author's Homepage   Email Vance Galliher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...........as Clint says."Don't trust people ya don't know "..

--------------------
vance galliher
springfield,or
http://www.vancegallihersigns.com

Posts: 324 | From: springfield,or. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they can all KMA. first off they say its so they know how many shcools to build and roads to build, the roads AND schools in this state are crap. i think its nothing but more weasling into our lives IMO.

let them send a human up here i just wont be available

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger MacMunn
Visitor
Member # 4316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rodger MacMunn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not American so I guess I really don't understand the issue here. Every country in the world that's fit to live in conducts a census eery few years.
Unless you don't want ANYONE to know you exist, why wouldn't you stand up to be counted? If you don't want to be part of society, then you don't have the right to use the school system, the road system & all the other things that the government provides.
I can understand why you don't trust government agencies & programs, but there are a lot worse things. Try driving through some places in Central America...... a shack beside the highway where you pay a "toll" where several machine guns are pointed at you is a reality.
Sure there are problems with government waste & inefficiencies in any country, but boycotting a census isn't going to change that. Those of us lucky enough to be born in North America, Western Europe, Japan, Oz or NZ are looked upon by the other 5 billion people on this planet as having won a lottery at birth.

--------------------
Rodger MacMunn
T.R. MacMunn & Sons
C.P.207, Sharbot Lake, ON
613-279-1230
trmac@frontenac.net

Posts: 475 | From: Sharbot Lake, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Ditto what Rodger said. One of the main things the census is used for is fixing the number of representatives. That should be important to everyone to get your share of representation in Congress.

And in some areas, they actually do use the information for roads. I'm impressed with the Dallas Metro area. I've seen new roads go up there where each way was 3 lanes wide. Right after they are built there was very little traffic on them. Years later the roads had heavy travel and the 3 lanes were necessary. Here in Michigan they would have built a one lane road and then spend a fortune years later moving poles, signs, and buildings to accommodate a wider road. Using the census to see trends in population movement is smart.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce, I had to drive to Birmingham yesterday and you're right - Alabama's highways are brutal.

I had a discussion with Brian Briskie, who also resents the questions on the census, and although he made some compelling arguments, I still have to agree with my Canadian cohort Rodger. I was a census taker in 1970 and it seemed a waste of time and money to return again and again to people's homes who hadn't bothered to mail the form. Other than feeding an egotistic, self-righteous sense of rebellion, what exactly do you expect to accomplish by boycotting the census? This is data crunching, plain and simple, and I find it hard to believe that the government specifically gives a rat's ass about any of us personally......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger MacMunn
Visitor
Member # 4316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rodger MacMunn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have 2 different census forms here ..... a very brief one & a much longer one & they're assigned randomly. I can't recall what all the questions were on the long one, but I didn't consider it invasive at all. The IRS & CRA already know your income, address & marital status.
As Dave says, it's mostly to catalogue changes & movement in our populations. Here, a lot of the general information (not the personal stuff) is available to the public through Statistics Canada.
For instance, our retiree population is climbing because you can sell a house in Toronto & buy one here & still have a few hundred thousand left over. So .... we need facilities for seniors more than we need hockey arenas. If you're a developer looking for a place to invest, this is very valuable information.

--------------------
Rodger MacMunn
T.R. MacMunn & Sons
613-279-1230
trmac@frontenac.net

Posts: 475 | From: Sharbot Lake, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

All I know is that if I were of Japanese descent, I'd be a little more than cautious filling out the Census.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other than feeding an egotistic, self-righteous sense of rebellion, what exactly do you expect to accomplish by boycotting the census?

because I personally dont see a point in it. I dont believe for one second they will use it for what they advertise they will. I think they lie

but the most important reason is where in the hell is all this money going to come from when they start passing it out?

__________________________________________________If you don't want to be part of society, then you don't have the right to use the school system, the road system & all the other things that the government provides

Rodger, I pay taxes, I dont care if I fill out or dont fill out a census every year, that should be enough right to use government provisions. Not filling out a census shouldn't hinder my life.

I wanted to post this just to see how many filled it out completely not to stir the pudding. I just heard so may saying all you need to do is put in number in household. IF census workers are to check on everyone that didnt fill out correctly Im thinking they are going to be busy for the next 9 years

--------------------

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Robert Beverly
Resident

Member # 1907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Beverly   Email Robert Beverly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ March 20, 2010, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Robert Beverly ]

--------------------
Robert Beverly
Arlington, Texas

Posts: 1023 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger MacMunn
Visitor
Member # 4316

Bruce, of course you have the right, but if you don't provide a reasonable amount of information how is it going to benefit anyone?
Where they're getting "all this" money isn't the issue. Governments can & will spend money & you're entitled to have your fair share spent on you, your family, & your neighbourhood.
I don't necessarily agree with where either of our governments are spending money but when there's stimulus money that I qualify for I'll not turn it down.
This is like voting ...... it's hard to comprehend how your one vote can make any difference in the overall scheme of things but what if everyone thought like that?

--------------------
Rodger MacMunn
T.R. MacMunn & Sons
613-279-1230
trmac@frontenac.net

Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, never mind, this is too close to political.....

[ March 21, 2010, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Kelly Thorson ]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Gene Adkins
Merchant

Member # 882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Gene Adkins   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Gene Adkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they stuck ours in the front door (didn't even mail it) ... funny ... we never use the front door, so if I hadn't seen the car pull up and drive off, I'd have never known.

so as far as i am concerned, I haven't gotten one!!!

--------------------
Michael Gene Adkins
The Fontry
1576 S Hwy 59
Watts OK 74964

Posts: 845 | From: Watts, OK USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Beverly
Resident

Member # 1907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Beverly   Email Robert Beverly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rodger

I don't know you so I will just assume you are just basing all your statements on your microcosm world and your understanding of it alone...but you are way off your insight as to how and what impact the us census is and was designed to do and how far off it is from doing what it should be doing...and the enormous impact THIS census will have..but at least you have the excuse of living in Canada with totally different dynamics.

--------------------
Robert Beverly
Arlington, Texas

Posts: 1023 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

The federal government is required to conduct a census every 10 years as mandated by Article 1 Section 2 of the US Constitution.

Yep, lets pick and choose which laws we will obey and which ones to throw out. Never mind that the US Constitution is one of the most important documents in this country. Geez!

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Dave, I don't think anyone is arguing against following the Constitution. The problem is when Congress demands more than is required for purposes beyond the Founding Father's intent.

Personally, I'd like to see Congress follow the Constitution for a change.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
microcosm world, eh? [Roll Eyes]

[For Your Information] You are sadly mistaken if you dismiss either Rodger's worldliness or his intelligence.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger MacMunn
Visitor
Member # 4316

Robert, you are correct. I know absolutely nothing about America & I respectfully withdraw any & all previous comments.
Bruce, I apologize to you as well for not minding my own business.

--------------------
Rodger MacMunn
T.R. MacMunn & Sons
613-279-1230
trmac@frontenac.net

Robert Beverly
Resident

Member # 1907

Yes

The census as it was intended by our forefathers was a great idea...and will continue to be as long as the spirit of it's use is not violated...which IS NOW BEING DONE.

I will just leave it to say...why do you think the forefathers elected in the original version of the constitution to have "Indians NOT taxed" as persons not to be included...BECAUSE.. it would have created an imbalance of representation AS THEY PERCEIVED.

The difference today as opposed to then was the government is now counting 24 million plus people that are not even supposed to be here AND abuse the laws in our country to enter illegally with written pamphlets from their own government telling them how to violate our laws and where to go where there are sanctuary laws ...thereby here to create a lopsided electorate body that will dramatically create mass MIS-representation of US Citizens, unlike the American Indians that were the original citizens.

AND WHY ARE THEY HERE?

BECAUSE WE HAVE A GOVERNMENT THAT DOES NOT ENFORCE THE LAW . It is called selective enforcement!

They would rather justify a trial in NY at 70 million for a foreigner that wants to kill us all and their idiot HEAD LAW ENFORCER ADVISER, Robert Brennan, NSA is quoted on TV..."We must show the world that we are a nation of laws"...

where our government refuses to provide us with the fundamental CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS of a secure border and equal representation under the law...

THAT IS REQUIRED UNDER THE CONSTITUTION TOO!

A situation that Canada has never had to deal with. The Canadian government not only requires proof of a higher education, but also proof of income to someone that has a desire to become a resident. It is also a lot more difficult to buy property in Canada unless your a resident.

...and Dave if you decide to spend some time to learn a bit more about the issues, you will also find the answers why your economy is in such a shambles up there...

oh but wait...I misread some of these comments..y'all knew all of this all along.

[ March 21, 2010, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Robert Beverly ]

--------------------
Robert Beverly
Arlington, Texas

Robert Beverly
Resident

Member # 1907

ha...I should have just waited...there are a couple more that have to be a part of every issue whether they have something intelligent to say or not...

The term microcosm (what word would have been simpler?) is used as a term that associates with the proportionate growth of the world in a literal sense and it has become smaller to us all through communication and access. I will explain further if needed.

My use of the term addressed a device that may be used for the same purpose around the globe, "census" but for someone to assume the dynamics are the same is a reflection of your understanding on the subject.

I find that commonplace here but the right for anyone here to lam-baste the way in which this injustice has been served has my full support and when this issue is raised before the supreme court, you should follow the argument. The only good to come from this census is a little money to folks that need it...a justified job bill.

[ March 21, 2010, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Robert Beverly ]

--------------------
Robert Beverly
Arlington, Texas

Michael Gene Adkins
Merchant

Member # 882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Gene Adkins   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Gene Adkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone explain to me why Section 5 of the census is so concerned with figuring out Hispanic origins?

HAHAHAHA ... I want a section dedicated to Cherokee Irishmen, but the government seems to care nothing about my cultural heritage/race.

(You Canadians must be having a blast reading this!!! Most Americans would be happy to just have heads counted and ditch all the race-oriented stuff.)

--------------------
Michael Gene Adkins
The Fontry
1576 S Hwy 59
Watts OK 74964

Posts: 845 | From: Watts, OK USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Yeah, I love how it says Hispanics aren't a race but Chinese, Filipino and Korean are.

If the purpose of the Census as defined by the US Constitution is for determining the number of members for the House of Representatives, what does race have to do with it?

BTW Michael, they've got you covered in Section 9 under "other".

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Tony McDonald
Resident

Member # 1158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony McDonald   Email Tony McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I filled mine out and found it very quick and easy.

It did seem that the Hispanic section seemed pretty important to them.

I had heard that if the people don't fill them out and send them in on time, that the county won't get all of their government funding. Schools, fire departments, ambulance depts, etc....would lose a certaing percentage. I suppose this money will be used to pay cencus takers to come to visit homes and get the forms filled out. So, I felt like filling it out was helping my neighborhood.

Here, I think it's $11 per hour and so much per mile pay for a census taker. I saw somewhere on the net that pensylvania was at $17.75 per hour.
Probably earn every penny having to visit some areas.

--------------------
Ace Graphics & Printing
Camdenton, MO. USA

acegraphics1@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1196 | From: Camdenton, MO. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!