Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Wonder why....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wonder why....
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why my clients can keep every single piece of information I send them but loose the invoice?

I wonder why my clients can call me about every detail of their job (including the "hurry up" call) but have lost my number when I'm trying to collect the balance?

I wonder why my client can remember the the low end of the estimate and not the higher figure?

I wonder why my client can remember the "ten working days until completion" but forgets that it begins when I receive the deposit?

Hmmmm....I wonder why?

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially the 30 day accounts. Thirty days and I have to start making calls, refaxing invoices and answering the questions like who did you talk to and what is this regarding again?

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or a large company orders two signs for two different locations, asks for two seperate invoices, you mail both in the same envelope and they only pay one. You call and finally get to someone in charge and they say "oh, well we only received the one invoice". duh

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...the check that spent five weeks lost in the US Postal Service was dated the day before I got it? ...which also happened to be the date the lien notice hit the major banking center. Banks like filing liens on those who don't pay them but take it sort of personally when the shoes switch feet.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why people order signs they can't afford? I did some work for a restaurant back around Christmas and still haven't been paid. When I called again last week and asked about it, the owner (a friend of a friend) gets defensive and tells me he knew my business was slow and was just trying to help me out!!! I can do without that kind of help.

And while we're ranting, I wonder why every time I drop an X-acto, it lands on the point?

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
selective memory?

Why do some have no problem SELLING stuff at 2010 prices but suffer from flashbacks to the 1950's when it comes time to buy something?

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7404 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some people who are so slick and important (mostly to themselves) that they delight in "messing with you".

"Oh, you didn't need the money anyway, did you?"

"A deposit? What do you think I'm made of..money?"

"If you get the sign done in a couple weeks, I don't have to pay you til 30 days, right?"

"I'm giving you a check for the balance, but it's dated for the 10th of next month, OK?"

" I'm too busy to write a check now. Call me tomorrow"

"My checkbook's home in my truck."

and on and on. It never ends....the creativity.

And you're right Sonny. The X-acto does always land point-first....last time it was THROUGH the toe of my NEW sneaker....into my toe. Ouch.

[ February 22, 2010, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never even thought of trying to walk out of a store without paying for something first, but I have heard many of Dale's examples from so many people. It's funny how quickly people can come up with money when they know they have to. But, what puzzles me is why they get upset about it.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why customers can call every day to see if their project is done, but it takes them a week to show up when told it's done.

Sonny, I have a way to fix that! At a past employer, we got a bad check from a restaurant. After numerous calls to get them to make good on it, the owner asked me for it before leaving Friday. I came in Monday & the $ was on my desk. He decided to stop by the restaurant on his way home Friday night, while the restaurant was very full & rather loudly ask the hostess for the owner as he was trying to get the $ for the bad check the owner wrote to him.

Like I always say: There is more than 1 way to skin a cat & the cat doesn't like any of them.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curt Stenz
Visitor
Member # 82

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Stenz   Email Curt Stenz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonny, just be glad that it does not hit your shoe.

--------------------
Curt Stenz Graphics
700 Squirrel Lane
Marathon, WI 54448

Posts: 590 | From: Marathon, WI 54448 | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!