Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Warm air currents in Canada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Warm air currents in Canada
Brian Scargill
Visitor
Member # 2258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Scargill   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Scargill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
The winter weather here in the UK is the worst for over 30 years and the guy on TV says its all due to the fact that the warm air current that normally comes here has been directed to Canada and their cold air has been directed to the UK ? so......... can we please have our warm air back !!!!!!!! ha ha !!!!! [Rolling On The Floor]

Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com

--------------------
Brian the Brush
brian the brush uk
Yorkshire, UK
www.brianthebrushuk.com

Posts: 123 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graham Parsons
Resident

Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graham Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Graham Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You wouldn't think so - it's MINUS 34°C (-29.2 °F) here this morning...

[ January 07, 2010, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Graham Parsons ]

--------------------
Graham Parsons
Signs 'n Such Ltd
Swift Current
Saskatchewan
Canada.
www.signsnsuch.com

"Saskatchewan - hard to pronounce, easy to draw"

Posts: 710 | From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are enjoying a relatively mild winter here on the West coast of British Columbia. While I feel for those in the cold elsewhere I am enjoying our weather to the MAX. We get a little frost at night but it's above freezing during daylight hours. We have yet to use our snow shovel this winter. I certainly have no immediate plans to buy a coat heavier than my windbreaker and no winter boots either. We are ALMOST to the middle of January already... by mid February we will have dodged any kind of real winter possible in these parts. We get two more days of cooler sunshine and then beautiful (mild) rain and temperatures into the double digits (Celsius) is forecast for the coming week!! [Smile]

Enjoying the balmy weather in Yarrow...

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, poor Brian... caught that on the evening news yesterday! A little snow fall and the whole country is shut down [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

Don't get me wrong, I hate the stuff with a passion.... we unfortunately get used to it!

[Cool]

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well now it makes sense... they were golfing here yesterday, that's right Golfing! There's no snow to be found anywhere... the greens and fairways are still green, yesterday it was 7 degrees today it's sunny and around 5.... I'll take this over snow anyday... The only problem is that the natives are having a hard time with housing, the Igloos are melting, and we can't get on the Ice Flows and Ice Bergs to hunt the whales and seals, so there's a lot of Starving Newfoundlanders who are resorting to cannabilism.. and that sucks!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandy Baird
Resident

Member # 4773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandy Baird   Author's Homepage   Email Sandy Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We would like to help out but, our Parliamentary Government is closed for winter break and the hot air that blows from the Parliament building is how we heat our country...sorry

--------------------
Sandy "Monk" Baird
Windwalker Sign Studio
Port Colborne, Ontario
L3K 4H9

Posts: 442 | From: Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good answer Sandy! [Rolling On The Floor]
Hey Neil, send some of those British warm air currents inland would ya?
It's funny that what we take for granted here can be so devastating to those who aren't used to it.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Moroney
Resident

Member # 9498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Moroney   Email Bob Moroney       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's our global warming and we're not sharing it with the UK. Sorry.

--------------------
Bob Moroney
The Sign Guy
310 Club Valley Drive
Falmouth, MA 02536
508-259-6297

Posts: 216 | From: Falmouth, MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ice fishing

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We will no doubt have a water shortage this summer as there is little snow on our mountains....but I am quite okay with that.
No shoveling makes a very happy me.
No winter coat here yet either...
Sandy...your reasoning is perfect.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Churchill
Resident

Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Churchill   Email Chuck Churchill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been so mild in Southern Ontario that I think the bananna trees will flower in Febuary! Love those warm air currents.

--------------------
Chuck Churchill,
It's A Good Sign Inc.
3245 Harvester Rd, U-12
Burlington, Ont.
Phone: 905-681-8775
Fax: 905-681-8945

Posts: 633 | From: Burlington, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering the minus zero temps outside my door, here in the center of the USA, I can hardly imagine it is warmer north of here a thousand+ miles. We have had a month of this chilly stuff and some normal temps would be very welcome! We have had more snow so far this winter than I can ever remember. Thank God for 4x4.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the begining of December we had about 30 cm of snow, but it has all since melted, some people think that Newfoundland is Icebound 12 months of the year, but the warm ocean currents that come up from florida keep the eastern portion of the province a little warmer than the west side, newfoundland is a thousand km across so we get different weather for different locations.. but this Saturday we are suppose to get a little storm... lets keep our fingers crossed, that it's only a little storm.

[ January 08, 2010, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Neil D. Butler ]

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori Wilcox
Resident

Member # 8042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori Wilcox   Email Lori Wilcox       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Installing Gemini letters today - forecast was correct thank goodness. 7:20 a.m. and it's -1.1 was -3.4 at 6:45 - we'll be on the plus side before daybreak. Now if we can get the template (14' x 5') drilled before the wind blows . . .

Watching the news, Edmonton is -16 (ha, ha)

--------------------
Lori Wilcox
Tabby Ink
Hinton, Alberta Canada
Ph 780-865-4305

Posts: 306 | From: Hinton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] Apparently Lori, is using that warm air and sending it East to Edmonton. We'll be +1C by Monday. [Cool]
Do you have a political convention going on Lori? That's a sure way to produce hot air! [Eek!]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori Wilcox
Resident

Member # 8042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori Wilcox   Email Lori Wilcox       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got up to +6.7C (about 44F) today, Sunday, but even at +3C on Friday installing Gemini letters, the mountain winds and the template were a bit fun - thank goodness 'Gorilla' tape works very well on stucco!

My husband had to shovel the roof so he could move around taping the template from above and someone walked out of the next store, noticed our scaffolding and looked up, saw Tim shoveling as I mentioned, 'We go above and beyond with our service!'

No politics this week, just Chinooks! But when it warms up, snow usually follows [Frown]

--------------------
Lori Wilcox
Tabby Ink
Hinton, Alberta Canada
Ph 780-865-4305

Posts: 306 | From: Hinton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Not so warm here today... Should have kept my mouth shut.. but Nooooo-ooo. We had about 4 inches of snow on Saturday and today it's -7.. Brrr.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!