Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » The Walldog Video is DONE!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Walldog Video is DONE!!!!
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott just dropped by the first "Chief City Runs with the Dogs" video, hot off the presses! [Applause] We haven't had time to watch it yet but we will tonight. They have quite a few to package up and send out, but look for your copy soon! I know you are anxious to see it and I told you I would let you all know as soon as they are ready.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregg Parkes
Resident

Member # 7710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gregg Parkes   Author's Homepage   Email Gregg Parkes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being in Australia, this must mean that I will get mine one day earlier.

Cheers

--------------------
Gregg
Sydney Signworks
(02) 9837 1198
Schofields NSW Australia

Posts: 368 | From: Schofields | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what was this about again......some guy named Chief City running around with dogs.....?

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 654 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to watching and remembering a good time!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait for my copy. What a total magical experience to have been a part of. If you have never ventured into the walldog territory, I highly recommend it. It is amazing, fun, exhausting, challenging and unforgettable.

You can't pass it up, especially if it is within a days drive! You don't have to really be an experienced hand-painter because many of the pros are there to help you learn and show you how. I'm ready for another one. I think I'm addicted!

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stayed up till 11:30 watching it all! There was so much we missed at the meet because we were "sorta busy" but it was great to see some of the great fun that was had by all. The additional blooper & other scenes disc is a HOOT!! Many stories that we didn't get to see personally but heard about are saved for all to enjoy.
THANK YOU AGAIN to all who were there and made this all possible!
And Steve, I didn't know you wnated to run for office?! Mayor you say! [Wink]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you haven't bought your copy, http://www.mccoystudios.com/walldogs
Scott said the 2 CD set will be available till 2010 and then it will just be the one CD, without all the extra interviews and bloopers on the 2nd CD.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Scott McCoy
Visitor
Member # 11639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott McCoy   Author's Homepage   Email Scott McCoy       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! Thank you for the wonderful feedback on the "Murals On Main Street" Walldog DVD from Pontiac, Illinois. We had a blast meeting all of you and creating this documentary.

I thought I'd answer in the forum, some of the question we are getting.

Q: How much footage did you take of the event?
A: We shot footage beginning with some of the first organizational meetings, through September with the Diaz Family's recognition after the event. I've never counted the actual amount of footage, but it is in the range of 50+ hours. Still photos we took in the range of 1,500.

Q: It seemed like cameras were everywhere during the Pontiac event. How many people did you have?
A: We had three video cameras during the event, and one still camera photographer.

Q: How long did it take to edit?
A: Post production took months. The amount of hours is in the hundreds. Red Bull's consumed is in the dozens.

Q: What do the people of Pontiac think of the video?
A: We've received a lot of great feedback from Pontiac residents. Many are ordering more after watching it. Of course, it's the event and what the Walldogs gave to Pontiac that everyone is really excited about. The video just captured that magic.

Q: Can I sell these from my shop?
A: Yes. You can call us for details on how to obtain the product. However, due to the high demand and additional orders we are getting for Christmas, we may not have any available until after the first of the year.

Q: Is it available in PAL format?
A: No. But we may produce a PAL format version if there is a demand for it.

Q: Is there anything you didn't include?
A: We had completed in post production a couple additional scenes and extended scenes that we couldn't squeeze into the 2 DVDs, so we had to cut them from the final product. However, we may make these available in the future.

Again, thanks everyone! Have a wonderful and warm Christmas and happy New Year!

Scott H. McCoy
McCoy Studios
www.McCoyStudios.com
Pontiac, Illinois

--------------------
Scott McCoy
McCoy Studios
Pontiac, Illinois

Posts: 2 | From: Pontiac, Illinois | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott, we just finished watching it and it's spectacular. Peggy was trying to hold it for a Christmas gift but got tired of my whining and let me see it today. We had tears in our eyes from the opening credits and really went thru some kleenex on the Jay Allen interview. Then Bill had me laughing so hard on the bloopers section, followed by Joe and Ben and the "old men of yore" bit that I was rolling on the floor.
Your production was so professional and well-paced, not to mention the superior sound quality. Most importantly, you captured the essence of the Walldogs and the magic of that weekend.........

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching this video shows that this whole project was indeed a celebration of life. Of course we love to get together, paint and slap each other on the back and compliment each other on what a great job we did. With this video we relive how great it was to not only to get together but see how this community came together with the help of the Diaz's, the walldogs, and the great folks of Pontiac to bond, help and smile to create a new pride in their town. Thanks again to Pontiac for this opportunity.

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 654 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stayed up late last night watching my DVD that arrived yesterday. Very impressive and great photography/videography. Top notch production. I wish their was more of David Butler because he was very funny to be around! With him and Dan on the same mural, it was craziness. Jay Allen kept coming by to spy on us and mess with Dan every chance he had.

To all who have considered trying a walldog meet, but haven't made it yet....just do it!! It is a life experience that will stay with you for your whole career in the sign business. This DVD has captured the essence of what our profession is really all about: creative people using their talents and gifts for a better purpose than making a living. Spread the joy while you spread the paint.

Have a safe and blessed Christmas Walldogs!

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<Then Bill had me laughing so hard on the bloopers section, followed by Joe and Ben and the "old men of yore" bit that I was rolling on the floor.>

Sonny, that's the exact same thing I wrote to Jane in an email . . . I'm with you. Of the two, Joe giving Ben heck about the 'old men of yore' was the one that doubled me over . . . Joe suppressed his giggle as long as he could . . . then had to speak up. So funny!

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

You guys think that's funny!? I have to WORK with them everyday! Then add Dad to the mix and we do alot of giggling and teasing.
Glad everyone is enjoying it! We sure had fun watching it wih our friend here.

[ December 18, 2009, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Well, I had to laugh at all of that, plus Jay, You must know you lost that squirt gun fight...but won the giving competition, the sign you donated was beautiful! We all enjoyed so much of the meet but also missed so much being busy at the murals...but this video brought it all back plus more! And now, we can share it, its the next best thing to being there...nowhere will you find such a diverse, loving, bonded group of friends..we love you all! Kat of tomkat

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kathy . . . yes, to claim victory in that streetfight would be a crime . . . I was beaten - and beaten badly . . .

Jeez, and then I ran away. How sad is that? Feeling a little pathetic . . .!!

Pontiac, Illinois never saw another day in the 90's the rest of the summer . . . oh, the irony . . . So how come the heat doesn't look so bad on video?

Great job, Scott McCoy . . . thanks for giving the Walldogs a memory they can replay time and again. Make sure that spirit of cooperation in Pontiac remains in place there . . . you only limit yourselves and your success - as do we all. You all want what all communities want . . . the best community possible, warts and all. So you already share common ground . . . as do we all.

Merry Christmas!!

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have mine yet! I can't wait to see it!

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me neither...but I'm still waiting at the mailbox.

I sent out the Sawatzky DVD's three weeks ago today and still some have not received them - even Dan.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got mine yesterday. Sat down last night and cried through half of the dang thing. Laughed through lots. It was fantastic, Scott! The music, videography, photography, interviews...the giggles and guffaws,the works.
Like Jay said...the video doesn't show the heat. How did that happen? Course...we wanna thank Scott for filming Mike from the neck up when he was without shirt. Thank you for that saving moment. TMI.
I know now that I need to come East a few days early and adjust to the climate change around there. I grew up in the Midwest...but I must admit, I'm spoiled by the nice dry air in CA. Brain meltdown was something I wasn't prepared for. You guys out there must really have brains and bodies of steel! You think you plan everything, but sometimes things just don't happen as planned and then they all come out OK in the end. My brain was so cooked (and I wasn't even painting outside!...GEEZ Judy...you whimp!), changing my flight time wasn't even thought of till I got bumped half way across the country on the way home. DAMN over-booked flights. I sat there thinking..."Why didn't I just change my flight? I could be painting right now and playing with Bill and Jane. Why did I let these airlines control when I was going home?" DAH! So here's the BIG THANK YOU to Bill for putting the finishing touches on Chief Pontiac and Jesse Fell.
As you can see, it touched me all over again, as I watched the video. And back to the video and Pontiac...

I am honored and blessed to have been a part of this amazing experience. The video portrayed the Walldog spirit with all it's humility, laughs, gifts, strengths,talents, friendships and camaraderie. Thank you Scott. Thank you Pontiac for inviting me to be a part of this experience. You are sooooo worth it!

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brent Logan
Resident

Member # 6587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Logan   Email Brent Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judy, you weren't the only one with meltdown. I lived in the midwest cornfields for over 50 years. Been out here for 3 and I guess my system got used to the dry climate. The first couple of days in Pontiac I could barely breath. Took me about 3 days to get used to my old environment. BTW I ordered my DVD yesterday and can't wait to watch it!

--------------------
Brent Logan
Reno, NV

Posts: 919 | From: Reno, NV | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset Regall   Author's Homepage   Email Sunset Regall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, a dixie dawg mentioned something about drinking all that water and not going pee! at that point i was thinking...yeah wow, that's a first for me...

i was truly in my happy place at my first walldog meet...all the fine folks, yummy paint, sonny's hot tunes (yours too, dale!), scaffolding and scissor lifts with my paint buddy felix (brenda)...i know it was stinking humid hot and affected by it...but i was not too much aware of it, if you know what i mean.

i love this dvd...both discs...thanks scott, pontiac, and especially all you awesome walldoggies.

sun

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Posts: 190 | From: chico, ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got my DVD today, Scott great job on the video!
I got lot of good flash backs, Pontiac will always be one of the best Walldogs meets I've been to. Can't wait till the next one...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!