Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Thanksgiving @ Atomic Shim

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thanksgiving @ Atomic Shim
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I traveled 300 miles to visit with my very good friend for just one day, he is seen pictured here sitting at his work station.  -

His home is filled with his hand painted artwork all done with any number of tricks one could only visualize and most are dimensional just with textures.
 -
These photos are only a few of the many that adorn his home studio with artwork both inside and out, but hard to take photos in the rain.
 -
 - and now the side view  -
Blackbirds, anyone?  -
Pinstriped panels, this dude as we all know is a genius although a tad off his rocker  -

I've got tons of photos and also great memories. I'm so thankful I have met some of the giants who have made my crazy life complete [Smile]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing Joey...Jack looks as happy as a clam surrounded with technology.

The pictures of his hand rendered projects are excellent!

Just goes to show...Even an old dog can learn new tricks!!! [Applause] [Applause]

(clarification..Jack honed his skills before technology...but has obviously embraced the new stuff!!)

[ November 27, 2009, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8878 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, of course Jack is computer literate but the computer has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with his artwork whether it be design or mask as one may think. The computer station he works at is strictly for commercial and promotional values and signage he performs for others and not for his artwork.

His artwork is from his brain and hand wrist movement, the amount of knowledge Jack possesses from his experiences utilizing paints, fire, tools, materials and imagination gives him a different course from others, myself included. Some of his reliefs or dimensional's are done from 5 or 6 foot above his substrates which gives him a better view while creating some pieces. Here are some other pieces hanging in his studio, both centers of these are exposed dimensional  -  - This one though a nude is so tastefully done, its practically Nouveau  -
I have so many favorites yet he does some with striping which is way different than the normal panel others execute such as this one and the lines are so uniform  -

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!!!!!! Really cool stuf there Jack [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4321 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beyond cool... thanks or sharing.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crazy Jack is the coolest! I have some of his badass T-shirts...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Moser
Visitor
Member # 6526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Moser   Email Jim Moser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWESOME ! Jack has always been a leader when it comes to creativity ! Looks like I need to pay him a visit too......

--------------------
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain !
Jim Moser Design
13342 C Grass Valley Ave.
Grass Valley, Ca. 95945
530-273-7615 jwmoser@att.net

Posts: 488 | From: Grass Valley, Ca. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez... what inspired work Jack. I am so impressed!!!

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that is some really neat work, Jack!
I like the 3D stuff.

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack... you've definitely impressed me. I had no idea your talent was of such a lofty caliber.

Very nice indeed...thanks for sharing those beautiful pieces Joey.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack....been a few moons...we need to get together some time. Lets look for an excuse this year.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6716 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Jack... you've definitely impressed me. I had no idea your talent was of such a lofty caliber."
too funny toddi................so many loftie talented people here.........who are humble about their abilities. jack being one of them..........
i go to letterhead meets, and i am so overwhelmed with the artistic abilities of others.......i just want to absorb all i can...........

[ November 29, 2009, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Smith
Resident

Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Kent Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vintage Crazy Jack . . . need a visit too.

--------------------
Kent Smith
Smith Sign Studio
P.O.Box 2385,
Estes Park, CO 80517-2385
kent@smithsignstudio.com

Posts: 1025 | From: Estes Park, CO | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Klein
Visitor
Member # 6586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Klein   Email Mark Klein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got off the phone with "Mad" Madden... had to look! lots of great ideas that you're showing us..
thanks
mark

--------------------
mark klein
miami, fl
2markklein@gmail.com

Posts: 6 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luckily I have had some great experiences at
galleries in California, with sales before the
crash and some selling here in Oregon.Dave Simpson
and I had our own gallery for awhile and monthly
art walks brought cash to the door.
Most of the art is for spiritual stability and
meditation while execution of said practice. It
just simply is fun.
No need to send out sketches for approval or that
falderol...

Jack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!