Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Memory Problems?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Memory Problems?
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed something amazing in my life that I thought might be helpful to share with you guys here.
For the last ten years or so, I have had a hard time remembering things and it was getting worse. I mean I had notes everywhere, on my desk, on the walls, in my purse, wallet and pockets. I used a timer to remind me of appointments, only to have it go off sometimes and not remember why I had set it in the first place. I'd take a message on the phone and forget it the moment I hung up.
Well....you know I sold my business and I also got rid of a whole lot of other responsibilities, and now, after a month of living stress free, I can honestly say that my memory is working just fine. The difference continues to amaze me.
So if you have been struggling with memory problems, take a look at your life and make some changes. It's worth it! [Cool]

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1962 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lephantsI was always one that could go around reminding elephants, but now that I have aged somewhat I....errr....ahhh....what was the subject?

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lotti, stress and pressure can do that. I'm happy for you that things are working out and you can now remember what you forgot!!!

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if I take a month off & go to live with Lotti, it'll fix my memory...? [Wink]

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a message to call back the alzheimer society, but I forgot.

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so Lotti, I understand that you sold the business, but from other things said it sounds like you're still doing signs??? Do you remember any of that?
Are you still moving to another location? Doing the school? Taking memory vitamins?

Glad to see you still with us!

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night someone actually wished me a great weekend and I asked them why they would say this to me on Tuesday, than they said it was Thursday. Wow, I can't remember why day it is, not that I really care.....

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys make me smile [Smile] So, no I'm not doing signs anymore, though I still have one kicking around to finish, now that I can remember it...
NO memory vitamins, just lifestyle change. Still in preparation as to opening the school, which is probably why I still have time to hang around here and check on whether you're all behaving!
And Ian, you're welcome anytime, we'll fix you! Can you do plumbing and electric installations? How about drywalling? When can you come?

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1962 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Lotti,
I plumbed the water & did the electrics & plaster/drywall on this house- it's not all stricly legal, but a qualified electrician checked it all out twice & signed it off as OK as if he'd done it, so we passed inspection.

I wouldn't recommend myself as being expert at it though...! Too hard to motivate [Wink] !

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.....answering from vacation in Duck, North Carolina, Outer Banks.....my sister's puter....

So good to see you are still around Lotti!!!

My memory has been SOOOO bad!!!! But I blame it on my menopause, Lupus, & Fibermyalgia. And recently, I have been thinking it has got be partly my sweet tooth to blame! Any of you find sugar bothering your thinking? ( I sit here typing, chewing on a piece of licorice!)

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No sugar down here Bobbie, I'm allergic to to it.
But I do like kindness...which you seem to be full of, so here's a big wave of the hand to you.

Keep being yourself, and the world will be a better place.

Jeff

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who are all these people,where am I ?

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J & N Signs
Resident

Member # 901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J & N Signs   Email J & N Signs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may have to do the same thing, I guess!

--------------------
Mario G. Lafreniere (Fergie)
J&N Signs
Winter did show up!

Posts: 1257 | From: Chapleau, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mario...Just noticed your new tag line...summer didn't arrive in southern Ontario either, until about a week before we flew south. Then fall arrived, and from watching the London, Ont. news tonight they mentioned that four letter "S" word too!!!

96F/35C here today. A couple of cerveza's were needed.

Wait!!!..what is the topic?

Oh..yeah... memory problems!

Memory can be reduced by huddling in a beer cooler in NB, in the summer, with a bilingual guy who is as silly as me.

Memory can be reduced by visiting friends next door in Mexico on Saturday night.

But..since I can remember how my memory could be reduced..I guess my memory is OK? [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J & N Signs
Resident

Member # 901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J & N Signs   Email J & N Signs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta rub it in with the temps hey Dave! Getting some help with the newspaper shortly and hopefully will head to Cancun for a cold one. Gotta get info from you Dave on the sling box setup . Buying one for my young lad who is at U of T. I'm either alzeimered or dislexic, can't remember how to spell either or [Rolling On The Floor]

[ October 05, 2009, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: J & N Signs ]

--------------------
Mario G. Lafreniere (Fergie)
J&N Signs
Winter did show up!

Posts: 1257 | From: Chapleau, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!