Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » O/T Where I was in '68-'69 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: O/T Where I was in '68-'69
Jim Bagaas
Visitor
Member # 3808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Bagaas   Email Jim Bagaas       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sitting in illesheim,Germany...Hq. & Hq. Co.
first in the motor pool then as a Hawk missile crewman...
 -

--------------------
Jim Bagaas
Orlando,Fla.

Posts: 339 | From: Orlando,Fla | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in first grade at St. Catherine's of Sweden in Wildwood, PA.
I think you had it easier.
[Smile]
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Somewhere in the Caribbean, aboard the carrier in the middle of the picture. Spent two years aboard the USS Boxer LPF-4. I always laugh when I see this photo. It's usually captioned, Amphib Fleet whatever "steaming" Look at the the way the smoke is coming off the stacks. Our old rust bucket had a top speed of 32 knots, it could cruise easily at 25 knots. The LST's in the fleet could only manage 6 knots.

Jill, I know I had it easier... St. Thomas, St. Croix, Montego Bay, Trinidad, San Juan.....came back with a killer tan:)

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was -21 years old, hahaha.

But hey, at least 4 of the 5 cars/trucks I own are older than '68 . . .

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was getting ready for preschool.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in my parents basement looking at Playboy magazines.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was senior in H.S. and trying to figure out if I should go to college or not. Glad I decided to do that!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was doing my first window splashes at the tender age of 14. Making GOOD money back then too!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iwas freezin my butt off at LORING A.F.B. MAINE.
this was a heat wave day just about 40!!!!!!!
the white stuff on the ground.........aint sand!!!hahahahahaha
 -

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

The Halloween one is a lousy pic but I thought you might get a kick out of the truck lettering sign in the window.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Grade 2 at Dundas Ontario public school. I think that was the year I drew my first dragon.

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was living on the Island of Malta. I'd like to return there to visit someday, now that I am old enough to appreciate the fascinating history of the island. [Smile]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was teaching junior high school and painting signs after hours and on weekends.

Mike was two.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was starting my first year of college and trying to stay out of Viet Nam.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill was doing the same thing, Dave!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was doing window splashes in Los Angeles area.

There were four of us that did 95% of the windows for the oil companies, at that time.

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was graduating from high school and working as a long distance operator at Southern Bell.

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Modzel
Resident

Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Modzel   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Modzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, you didn't happen to go to Lake Superior State did you?
That's were I was the fall of 69.

--------------------
Bill Modzel
Mod-Zel screen Printing
Traverse city, MI
modzel@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1356 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich Stebbing
Visitor
Member # 368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Stebbing   Email Rich Stebbing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In '68, I was living in Chicago,working at Wrigley Gum (7th floor) got married at Cook County Court House, and became a Father that year,...
In '69 I was living in St.Paul, MN working at Whirlpool Corp. and was still driving my '52 Chevy.

--------------------
Rich Stebbing
RichSigns
Rohnert Park CA
707-795-5588

Posts: 755 | From: Rohnert Park, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Staffan
Resident

Member # 4552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Staffan   Email Sam Staffan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Third grade and just starting off my "spoiled rotten kid" career.

Never changed! [Razz]

--------------------
Sam Staffan
Mackinaw Art & Sign
721 S. Nokomis St. Mackinaw City, MI
dstaffan@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1694 | From: Mackinaw City, MI | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was footloose and fancy free, having left Nam in 67. I actually thought that the whole reason for being, was so others could enjoy their liberties.

I was hard core way back then...I guess I saw too much trash, but I've lightened up a degree or two, since those days. It's because I learned how to love. It does a person good to have that feeling in their heart.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie Lohmeyer
Visitor
Member # 2076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie Lohmeyer   Email Bernie Lohmeyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starting my 1st 5th grade...........Drawing on the chalk board to much and drawing on everything esle,.. on my note books and things,the boys bath room wall, play ground sidewalks (took chalk from class)............didnt take things to serious at the time,,,,,they held me back.....he he he ,,,gots As and Bs the next 5th year..........still drew on the board and then some..............he he he he.....

--------------------
Bernie Lohmeyer
Bernman Graphics
Osage City, KS

Posts: 268 | From: Osage City,Kansas U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indianapolis.
Had one of the best jobs ever.Worked in engineering
as a tool maker and then transfered to an even
better position as design model maker.
This was a world before CNC equipment that made
everyday worth looking forward to as an employee.
It was also a hot rod town and The Summer
Nationals (pits were out on the grass)and the
diggers smoked the tires for the whole quarter.
Never went to a Indy 500, it was just a drunk
fest at that time.
Did a lot of fishing down south for Bass,in some
lakes and back waters.
Monroe reservoir was a hot spot.

Jack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BULLET PROOF!!!! [Wink]

Skydiving like crazy every weekend.

Running around on 16ft tressles with a milk crate on the plank to reach higher!

THEN I GREW UP!!!!!!

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "68, I was born- In '69 I was learning how to draw...

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Senior year of high school with primary agenda to get laid.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was 14 or 15 and my dad made me work in a sign shop that summer to keep me out of trouble,...by the end of the summer I was doing repaints and making the shop money hand lettering. We used to do truck lettering on old clear enamel receptive decal material and then apply it when they got through with their days work it was a big selling item because it didn't tie up the vehical all day. Magnetics of the time were made on a vacu-form type machine from polystyrene and the mag material was a 1/2" strip around the edge,..they were notorious for coming off and disentigrating on impact with the pavement,..the reason I remember this was that we didn't do them and folks would come by wanting them replaced,....

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was between 2 and 3 years old, so I don't have much memory of that particular period of time. Most likely I was learning how to put sentences together and driving my mom crazy.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In seveth grade at Boyertown Area Junior High in Pa., 13 years old.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In '68 we married and moved from Haight Ashbury to points north pursuing the dream.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Blair
Resident

Member # 951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Blair   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Blair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Started kindergarten in 68 in Sharon, PA.

--------------------
Dana Blair
Blair Signs
Wooster, OH
www.blairsigns.com

If sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their picket signs?

Posts: 835 | From: Wooster, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1968, ended my 4 year "career" as an elementary school teacher. Discovered that I really didn't love the little darlings as much as I had thought I might.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Art school! 50% beautiful women and half the guys wern't interested in them, because it was art school! The pill was legal and women were burning their bras. No STDs to speak of and things looked pretty good at the height of the sexual revolution. Tuition at Kansas University was $169 a semester. Gas was 19c a gallon. I drove a four year old Impala that I had to pay $175 for with recap tires, three on the tree and no a/c. I met Janis Joplin off stage at her concert and thought I was about the luckiest guy on the planet. She had a bottle of Southern Comfort in her hand and some guy wanted her to kiss him, which she refused and looked to me for some security from him.

There were alot of moratoriums againt the war and the campus was very explosive. So much so that they shut school down six weeks early. Lots of complete chaos and no one knew what was going to happen next. Racial tension, radical student politics and everyone was smoking pot.

Ten speed bikes became popular and disco was creeping in. Within two years the sixties were so way over. Platform shoes and touquoise leisure suits to go dancing. Somehow I made it through!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Costa
Resident

Member # 3366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Costa   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Costa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shipping out to the african coast in 1968. I'm the one with the attitude.  -

--------------------
Ron Costa Sign and Design
28 Ingerson Road
Jefferson, NH 0358

Posts: 620 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3rd-4th grade in New Bedford Elementary. Looking through my parent's LIFE & LOOK magazines at the war pictures, & getting scared of death.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Senior year in high school in McLean, Virginia. I went to school half the day and worked in a volunteer ministry the other half. Still doing the ministry today although not as many hours per month--got family to support now.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy Frisby
Resident

Member # 736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy Frisby   Email Roy Frisby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got married for the first time in '68, and spent the next 26 years trying to get thru that mistake.

--------------------
Frisby Signs, Inc.
El Dorado, Arkansas

Posts: 902 | From: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all comes back now. I was off to college, knowing the Kansas state line was only 50 miles to drinking at 18. Setting goals of girls, parties and of course graduating. Lucky for me I did them all.

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 654 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Graduated HS in St. Paul, MN in '68. Big claim to fame there was being voted "Best Artist" in my yearbook. All I wanted to be was an art teacher. Went to first year of college at Drake University in Des Moines, IA...then on to the real crazies...art school in Oakland at California College of Arts & Crafts. I think the whole school floated in a cloud of funny smelling smoke the whole time I was there. Could swear I didn't learn much. Had one required course of "Lettering" at Drake that was taught by a draftsman. Used only a ruling pen, T-square, brush, carpenter's pencil, compass and ink. Got perfect kerning and prfect Roman letter form grilled into me. Hated every minute of it as pure torture. Thought..."What the hell am I EVER gonna need this for?"! ...
Never did get that teaching job.

[ October 01, 2009, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Judy Grossman ]

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!