Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » full color LED panels

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: full color LED panels
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do I learn about this technology? How do they sell it? How much a square foot? Are there standard sizes? What extra computer or software do they require. I know the stuff is getting cheaper and am seeing so much more if it, so who knows the scoop on this new area?

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Cosharek
Resident

Member # 1274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Cosharek   Email Bill Cosharek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try the trade magazines suchas Signs of the Times, Sign Business & Sign Builder, as a start. In each you should find something helpful. Daktronics is a biggy & there are others. Can't give you much other info except that you will have to check with each municipality where you may plan on installing as they may have restrictions on use (or not allow at all). Some places are now rescinding their allowable usage. Please check with zoning first! That would be the most important thing I could tell you. Good Luck!

--------------------
Bill Cosharek
Bill Cosharek Signs
N.Huntingdon,Pa

bcosharek@juno.com

Posts: 703 | From: N.Huntingdon, Pa, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts are that if we can find some supplier of these at some reasonable price and standard sizes, every new car dealer in the country will want them for the insides of their windows! They are all like sheep and once they start seeing these, everyone will follow....Then maybe the fast fooders and grocery stores??? This could be the biggest boom ever for the sign business, so we need to figure this one out, before someone else does.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!