Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT Look what I drug home..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT Look what I drug home..
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Author's Homepage   Email Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My "Peewee" Rat rod.. It fits my name anyhow.. 1200cc dual carbs.. but aren't they sweet with a V8? Pro street looks so good too. But for now i can only dream.. Here she is on the 12' trailer.. I got 3 of them for $400.. Garage kept since 1987.. [Eek!]  -  -

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

peeweepinstriping@comcast.net www.signspeeweedesigns.com

Posts: 845 | From: Oroville,Ca. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Raap
Resident

Member # 3632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Raap   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Raap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Great find.

--------------------
Dennis Raap
Raap Signs

Posts: 839 | From: Coopersville, MI | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, sweet.

Post more pics.

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Author's Homepage   Email Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Drag car isn't mine.. but mine may appear one day like that... unless the wife kills me.. LOL! But I like that look!

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Posts: 845 | From: Oroville,Ca. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Crumley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PeeWee,

I've wanted one of those little Mini's for years. Around here they go for about $3000. One of my friends bought one last year for $2,500. It was in good shape and running. It's an exact duplicate of your black one.

Joe

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Posts: 1428 | From: 2200 Research Park Blvd. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

I've always had a sweet spot for a Minor.. This guy is a British bike collector I have done a few bikes for him over the years. He is the the guy that gave me my little Orange 70 I think he was impressed at the way restored that little bike and used it at the carshows. For now it found a home in my garage until I figure out a game plan.. The other 2 are all complete but this one is the nicest.. Sometimes it pays to do a little lettering for free on an old BSA...

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morris Minor, right? Friend of mine's mom had one when we were kids. We used to ride to school in it.

That is a neat beginning for a rod. Depends on how wild you want to go; but I think I'd try a Buick or CHevy V-6. You can get good power out of them...lots of goodies available. And, they are shorter than a V-8, and don't require butchering the firewall/coresupport, etc. so much to make the swap. All the headers, brackets, mounts, etc. are readily available.

You got yourself a great deal there!

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that is cool!!!!!!

I wonder how a hot Honda tuner engine and driveline would go in there.

As light as it is any stout 4 cyl would make it fly .....and remain driveable. A hot 2.3 from a dirt track mini stock, five speed, narrowed 8", stock looking wheels......what a sleeper!!!!!

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

From what I'm told 83-87 Toyota Corolla RWD are pretty popular donors..time to head to work..

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Crumley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps there isn't much of a market for them up there but the stock, restored version, brings lots of money in the US.

If you put a hotrod motor in one, I think it looses it's value.

Why is PeeWee always so lucky.

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Posts: 1428 | From: 2200 Research Park Blvd. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

Because Peewee fails to mention how his wife sleeps with a Baseball bat , and he sleeps with one eye open!! Lol! She's an at home Mom and that means I carry the load... she runs the house. [Smile] . But hey, I ain't mowed the yard in a few years! Life is full of trade offs. Did I yell ya I nearly got fired at my day job last month? Joe, I got a bad habit of focusing on the good! Time smile.. My grandson ,they rent the house next door from me... I'm lucky everyday [Smile] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRdpsaoCjF8

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Jim Moser
Visitor
Member # 6526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Moser   Email Jim Moser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really COOL ! Honda or Toyota tuner motor would be sweet !

--------------------
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain !
Jim Moser Design
13342 C Grass Valley Ave.
Grass Valley, Ca. 95945
530-273-7615 jwmoser@att.net

Posts: 488 | From: Grass Valley, Ca. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Scargill
Visitor
Member # 2258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Scargill   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Scargill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha !!
I used to have the van version of the same Morris back in the 70's, ran and ran and ran for ever !! will make a great project for you, are bits available for that vehicle over the pond?

Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com

--------------------
Brian the Brush
brian the brush uk
Yorkshire, UK
www.brianthebrushuk.com

Posts: 123 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

Brian i just watched that video on your site.. Impressive!

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

As always, Video tape the event! [Smile] it runs...spray cleaned the carb , add a battery, fill the bowls.. turn the key! Sweet! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4GTb8oDNpI

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

PeeWee,

The video was a good one, as usual, and I'm wishing you the best with the project.

Joe

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

sold 2 beat down minors today for $800... I did good ! My wife still loves me and I got one sweet Minor in the shop!  -

[ August 23, 2009, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel ]

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Brian Scargill
Visitor
Member # 2258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Scargill   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Scargill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey PeeWee, the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the dashboard !!! ha ha !!

Hope its a fun project for you,

Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com

--------------------
Brian the Brush
brian the brush uk
Yorkshire, UK
www.brianthebrushuk.com

Posts: 123 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

I sold the beaters too cheap! AFTER I sold the two cars for $800 did I check ebay and see that a Black pair of California plates sell for $150- $260 by themselves! You know how many $50 old cars I've passed up in my time? Not anymore! I'll give them $50 for the car and just take the plates! And give them back the car! [Smile]

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Gerald Lauze'
Visitor
Member # 6443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerald Lauze'   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Lauze'       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are cool. good thing I don't live close by [Wink]
I can see a Subaru wrx awd setup in there. That would be different!!

Have fun!
Gerald

--------------------
Gerald Lauzé
FeatureWorx Creative Fabrication
206-19148 27th ave
Surrey BC

Posts: 264 | From: Cloverdale ( Surrey ) BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check the underside. I recall they have very little of a frame from the one I restored in 1987. They do not take much extra weight, I hear.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

I hope this is right.. Ijust ordered 1 master cylinder,6 wheel cylinders,2 brake hoses,upper and lower radiator hoses for 140 pounds equals $233 USD... seems awful cheap for new parts since I was quoted $249 just for the master cylinder here in the states! my fingers and Ebay money are crossed! [Smile]

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!