Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Windows Vista/Corel X4/Roland cutter problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Windows Vista/Corel X4/Roland cutter problems
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're trying to set up the Roland GX24 cutter on new computer with Windows Vista & Corel X4. Everything looks proper in preview (sizes, etc.) but the cutter cuts the image at 20x the size of the image! Has anyone ever experienced something similar? Roland tech support was of no help, and we've run out of ideas. We have an updated driver, according to the system it is functioning properly. HELP!! Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1962 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont know much about rolands

But..
check the resolution ...

IF your cutting at 100 but the machine is at 1000 then it will cut much bigger

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes sense, but how do I do that? I find no option for resolution in the Roland properties. Other than the option to set it to High resolution or not. I had it running on my own machine just fine with the same settings...
Other weird thing it is doing is, when you open up the printer window to delete the document, where it shows "Pages", it should be 1/1, but instead it is counting, up to 1000 and going, if I don't stop it by deleting the document.

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan

Posts: 1962 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in your printer setup.......or the driver you laoded for roland......you need to see it as 1:1

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Got it!! In the printer setup, the "enable advanced print" feature has to be UN-checked!
Who knew...and Roland support helped us today, thanks!! Thanks for your suggestions too.

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!