Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » not quite a rant regarding God's Country

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: not quite a rant regarding God's Country
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll give you all an idea how the Grants Pass chamber of commerce screw with persons who want to move here which BTW has been a big thing since this town has been on ' one of the best places to move ' list almost forever.

Their website says that the average temperature is 65 year round and in the summer months does not go above a comfortable 93 but yet every July and August its above 100 and today is no exception as the temperature gauge under my screened porch said 100 when I checked it at noon and by 3:00 it will be much more. All week its been 110 to 113

The above isn't too much of a problem for me because I do have the sense to remain cool and I could always go to the Illinois river for a swim, that is after I locate my wallet. I've heard when bus drivers enter Oregon they tell the passengers that we are entering Gods Country and this could very well be correct considering there must be over 250 Christian churches in and around Grants Pass, not counting other towns or another close by county. I once was at a car show and was asked why I came to Oregon and I said to pinstripe and than they said we already have a striper here, umm I then asked if they told any of the pastors that they already had a church or two before the place became over run by 200 plus churches that were here when I moved in, needless to say I'm not on their mailing list. I have however made a few friends other than the one's I knew from other places who moved here before I did and these are some of the nicest people I've met in my entire live on the planet, persons like Jon Peterman and Jerry Mathel whose house and property I now own. Of course there are others but no one here would know them.

Anyway, its been hotter then hell here and evidently I'm functioning but not quite up to speed but at least I am retired and can finally follow in Old Paint's scenario and sleep all day if I want to which I don't at this time. I still need to clean up and find the wallet

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son and young family are in Portland Joey.

I'm sending my wife out there this weekend for a couple of weeks.....she's NOT looking foward to that weather either.

Be Kool!

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fiun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few years ago I was looking at the local Chamber of Commerce website and it said "the thermometer occasionally touches the lower '90s in the summertime." I was thinking: "Yeah. It occasionally drops there at night in the summer."

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Scargill
Visitor
Member # 2258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Scargill   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Scargill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Joey,
.......... and I always thought good old Yorkshire here in the U.K was gods own country !!!!!!!! ..... have you found your wallet yet ???????

Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com

--------------------
Brian the Brush
brian the brush uk
Yorkshire, UK
www.brianthebrushuk.com

Posts: 123 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you were about to rant about Canada. [Wink]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, I loved Canada when I worked with Conklin Shows, from TO to Calgary. Matter of fact I lived in TO

--------------------

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joey...Quit yer bitchin', find god, and then ask him where yer wallet is!! [Wink] [Wink]

Who knows...might work? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Did you look in your herb garden? [I Don t Know] [I Don t Know]

If all else fails, buy me a plane ticket and I'll come help you look for your wallet!!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

Opps..had to edit to say that sleeping away the morning is not good for the body. Don't do it. Keep doin' what yer doin' big guy.

[ July 30, 2009, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Dave, you know I live a quiet life away from people and even though I am close to town, my home isn't really visible even too my neighbors. I'm not really bitchin so try and understand that this is my link to the outside world. No I haven't found my wallet but I know its probably somewhere stupid as I was wearing sport shorts to the knee in satin so it slipped out while I was sitting somewhere, I'll find it by tomorrow.

This post was in regards to all those who I speak with who say that they wish they could come here and ski in the winter even though the most amount of snow we get here in the valley is 2 to 3" per year and normally its gone by 10AM. Or they ask what the temperature is today and I answer 106, nahh,not in Oregon, oh ok

BTW Dave, God loves me [Smile]

--------------------

Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joey....check if the bear stole it!

In today's News...there was an aricle about some guy in Grants Pass that shot a bear in his house.

[I Don t Know]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Len Mort
Resident

Member # 7030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Len Mort   Author's Homepage   Email Len Mort       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Si
Did the guy shoot a bear or was he doing shots and a beer?

--------------------
Len Mort
Signmaker1.com
11 Juniper Drive
Millbury, MA
508-865-2382
"A Good Business Sign, is A Sign of Good Business"(1957)

Posts: 811 | From: Millbury, Ma | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Si, you know I don't read newspapers or watch the news.

BTW, I found my wallet as it slid out of the pocket of my satin sports shorts when I was resting in this chair late at night. It was stuck far down between the leather cushion and the wood. I wake up every morning around 4AM in this reclining chair with the TV still on.
 -

[ July 31, 2009, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Joey Madden ]

--------------------

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damned uncomfortable lookin mission type chair))))))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

You cannot imagine how comfortable that reclining leather chair is Joe. Its a Flex-Steel and you can't find them at Wal-Mart
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

[ July 31, 2009, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Joey Madden ]

--------------------

Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you ever find your ring you lost several months ago?

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW,, joey has a wood stove.. Almost just like the one I planned to hijack from under OP's control.

The very same one that now has my name tagged on it for when he tips over. That along with his Kubota.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!