Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Please attend the premier of the Dan Sawatzky Restraining Order film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please attend the premier of the Dan Sawatzky Restraining Order film
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here ya' go . . . for those not in attendance - AND those who missed the details . . .

Ah . . . sweet victory . . .

Give him some Diplomatic Immunity now . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgqegWEzMcE

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No good deed goes unpunished.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if you realize that you have the Chief of Police and the EX-Chief of Police (Don Schlosser) standing there, serving that order. Ruth, who is the head of the Food Pantry is married to the ex-chief. You know how to pick 'em, Jay.
That is hilarious! I did miss it, off doing something. But I DO feel sorry for Dan getting right in the face!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ted Turner . . . the REAL Ted Turner - was a deadeye with that squirt gun, wasn't he, Ray?

Sweet victory . . .

It was even more hysterical when I had the patrol officer steal all their water balloons intended for yours truly . . .

So let's check this off on a list:

1. I got the Mayor to get the Chief of Police to place a restraining order on Dan . . .
2. I got a cop to STEAL water balloons from a private citizen . . .
3. The tourism director drove me in her golf cart and gave me her megaphone and allowed me to 'speak over' Dan after he was telling people to bring food to the Butler/Sawatzky wall only . . . and not ours . . .

Not too shabby.

I'd say his "high-pressure recruitment" of locals the day prior to my arrival backfired . . .

First salvo in a long 'war' I suspect . . . and the best guy to do it with . . . he's a treasure. I will admit that . . .

Jane . . . no Sawatzk-eh's were injured in the making of this film . . . he was a good sport . . . and got the 'diplomatic immunity' he asked for . . .

I still laugh when I see that . . .

[ July 07, 2009, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Jay Allen ]

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com

-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND I found this. I don't know who filmed it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWWkVgI__6s

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay

Thank you for the great reminder of some of the fun we had in Pontiac! The Walldog Restraining order was a great victory (* one very small battle of a LONG WAR) which I will remember fondly. Having another member of the Pontiac Police STEAL our water balloons was another of your victories... and deserves some points too.

The megaphone and golf cart drive-by was anotehr great touch too which made me lugh more than a little bit...

And as you know I got a few licks in at the meet too...

Pontiac was the winner this go around... I hope you enjoy your second place trophy... my third place ribbon hangs proudly in my studio...

Next time I will not be nearly so kind... winning is ALMOST everything... [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

ALL is fair in love and WAR in Yarrow...

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Dan . . . I'm excited about what we'll do to top what we did in Pontiac . . .!!!

You know we will . . . sometime.

I'm here sitting right next to my (considerably nicer) award too . . . and proud to own it. Certainly more proud than you might be of your 'sash' . . .

Did you see these, Dan?:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=41227&id=1745029448

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=3&aid=3228&id=1745029448#/photo.php?pid=41241&id=1745029448

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=3&aid=3228&id=1745029448#/photo.php?pid=41228&id=1745029448

Did you know the guy pushing you was the former Mayor?

What laughs we had . . .

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com

-Confucius

FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't get to see all that action. Man talk about Diplomatic Immunity, what did you get him about 4-5 times? I have to say you both are True Wallgdog trained pranksters. I remember lets see where was it where Jay bit into Dan's pie, cake or was it a sandwich? You guys made it happening in Pontiac!!

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Same scene repeated Cisco . . . I just need to see it over and over . . .

First YouTube video I posted . . . what a dandy to start with!!

Dan will come back at me harder and louder and more obvious . . . I'll TRY to respond in-kind.

We had us a time, didn't we, Cisco?

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com

-Confucius

Ted Turner
Visitor
Member # 2799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted Turner   Author's Homepage   Email Ted Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, another priceless memory...

--------------------
Ted Turner

Paint Designer / Stylist - Styling Dept.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Product Development Center
11800 W. Capitol Drive
Wauwatosa, WI 53222

phone 414.465.6005
cell 414.232.8185
fax 414.465.6330

ted.turner@harley-davidson.com

Posts: 81 | From: Wauwatosa, WI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love how Jay just keeps pushing his luck - they don't call Dan the Imagination Corporation for nothing.

If I were you, Jay, I'd be sleeping with one eye open.........

-

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay, I thought you both were a Blast! Kind of hard to say who won, you both seemed to come prepared for war. I heard Dan came as Grama Allen to invade your site, and you caught on.

Sonny can you imaigine, like the Mad magazines-one all in Black and the other all in White and both these guys with Thompson Machine Waterguns, paint guns, or plastic pellets pistols? On one of the corners of the murals that were painted and sort of like Chicago/Pontiac gangsters in a shootout...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes the very best strategy to WIN is to let your ENEMY think he is in the lead...

Plotting for the next opportunity in Yarrow...

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

I guess the truce is OVER in Yarrow... [Smile]

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset Regall   Author's Homepage   Email Sunset Regall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cisco...for the record, it was lemon meringue pie! can you believe my luck...i bumbled on in to the elks club dinner, knowing nobody, and sat down at a table with: cisco, cam, michael, dan, jay, judy, tom and kathy...maybe a bernie and dale, also....it's still kinda fuzzy....i was a puppy then...

sunwasapupnowadog

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Posts: 190 | From: chico, ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man that was funny...

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Sunset . . . t'was fate that placed you there . . . and that was the FIRST volley between us. Poor you . . . caught in the crossfire!!

The look on Dan's face after my 'theft' is indelibly etched in my mind . . .

That pie may have been the best tasting ever made, Dan . . . right, Sunset?

Wearing full battle gear in Illinois . . . [Smile]

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com

-Confucius

Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay...Don't you mean inedibly etched in your mouth. That was the soooo funny! I loved your video, Jay!!! Great editing, crappy filming, great marksmanship on Ted's part. Sorry I missed the real thing. We'll get to see it when The Mural Wars Movie comes out...or should I say the Pontiac Walldog documentary comes out. Or will it be the Dan and Jay Mural War documentary?

Too funny guys!!! Or two funny guys!!!!

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

<Don't you mean inedibly etched in your mouth>

An even better way to put it, Judy!! It was spontaneity at it's finest . . . you can't pre-think something like that.

Actually surprised I could still move that fast . . . so was Dan!!

Not sure how Scott McCoy will engineer 30 hours of such great footage - but I'd expect Dan and I would be more 'blooper-quality' than good subject matter.

I think - if Scott does the job of his life with that footage - that the story and the result/outcome would be hard to deny for the sheer uniqueness of a Walldog event - and that could be easily realized and picked up by others . . .

If that were to happen, the floodgates would open and towns across America would start tracking down 'Dogs' . . . but you'd need to garner awards and the attention of those looking for business oportunities through documentaries before you could even dream of such things . . .

But IF he does the job of a lifetime on it, that is possible - if all the stars align.

Either way . . . makes no diff to me . . . it was just so nice to have been honored again with being a project leader - and so pleased to have done it for friends as dear as the Diaz family . . .

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com

-Confucius

Barb Schilling
Resident

Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb Schilling   Author's Homepage   Email Barb Schilling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the vicarious fun and giggles!

--------------------
SIGN STATION

Anoka, Minnesota
www.signstation.com
barbara@signstation.com

Posts: 338 | From: Andover, MN, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!