Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Epiphany in Pontiac

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Epiphany in Pontiac
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After more than a quarter century of effort, Raymond’s instructions finally coalesce, and in a stroke of genius to make up for all those lost decades, Harding suddenly has his brush with fame, utilizing the three fitch technique in Pontiac.

-

Disclaimer: No murals were harmed in the making of this picture.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's quite a feat Harding, especially considering there is no paint on any of those brushes.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't think Dale would let me anywhere near that mural with actual paint on them, did you?

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am witness to David's painting with brush on the Allen wall. In fact he used several different colours there. Honest.

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

I actually did paint on this. My work looks better the farther you get from it. From Texas, it appears flawless!

-

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, David! While your hand-lettering skills may be a little suspect, your Photoshop expertise is unrivaled. Awesome clean-up job!!

Here's the original photo that I saw...

-

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those letters appear to have been panted by Bernie 1 with a lettering brush (the good letters that is)....but look at the leaves, they look almost finshed...did Sam come back?.......SAM????

SAM??????????????

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Color coordinated Chris Elliott "walkin' his dogs" at Pontiac.

-

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you can tell from David's pic, he let his hair down in Pontiac. Sure wish I'd had more time to hang out with you David - you are the wittiest guy in Letterville (although Jon's not far behind.......)

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Gilliland
Visitor
Member # 28

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bob Gilliland   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Gilliland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Mr Jantz; that sir is worth a  -

--------------------
Bob Gilliland
InKnowVative Communications
Harrisburg PA, USA

"The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it.
You have to catch up with it yourself."

Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 642 | From: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

I'm still wondering how Jon got my original photo. Let's see, Chris Elliott took the shot, he must have leaked it to him.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know how Elliot still has the same boots that he wore at the Sandcastle meet, way back yonder.

They must be parade boots, or to be more specific, parade athletic parephenalia... not to be worn everyday, but only on special occasions.

Chris....if you're listening...I'm sorry to have missed you. You are an original, for sure.

We will cross paths again.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, where were you. I didn't get a chance to meet you.

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neither did anyone else, Mark. I wasn't there, except in spirit.

Don't ask me to explain why...it's too painful.

I for one, will never again commit to a meet, unless all the travel money is already in the bank.

Living in the edge, like I do sometimes, it's devestating if one or two customers don't pay you on time.

But we will meet one day Mark...it's already written in the books.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez Dave Comb your hair... That's just plain disturbing after seeing you clean cut avatar all this time.

But it nice to see someone else has the same painting skills as myself.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe me Bill, Harding doesn't have the same painting skills as you. [Smile]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Bill, my hair was neat until, following Raymond's example, I started yanking it out to build my own brushes. Ray can't make brushes any more.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Jeff, We missed you at the meet; you are a true gentleman!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!