Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Magical Pontiac

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Magical Pontiac
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For all you who could not make it to Pontiac, here is a sample of what you missed. As a starter, the registration was like Christmas, we were given so much, along with tickets for meals. We could choose any of many places and order anything on the menu,it cost absolutely nothing. The city footed the bill. Those of us who were put up by host families had it great. Some had swimming pools to cool off after a hot day. Personally I was at a hunting lodge that was a dream come true, and the owners, the Vogels were the nicest couple you could meet. All the people of Pontiac were very friendly and helpful, they made us feel very welcome and did every thing to make us comfortable. All the murals were close enough to walk to. The Diaz family, headed by Bill, did an outstanding job of organizing the entire event which went smoothly the entire week end. I for one would have been very sad to have missed such a super event. It is going to be very difficult to be able to top this one. Could you believe that Bill and his wife actually thanked me for being there? The pleasure was totally mine.
The number of friends from so many other meets and now so many new ones.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, Bill, whatever. [Smile]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I'll just say this about Bill...he's one of the fastest men that I have ever had help us out on a wall...we have put a red rectangle on this video so you can keep an eye on him...see what I mean..."F A S T"!

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mr. butler,
I enjoyed seeing your walldog project from way down in tallahassee.

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

"Today I'll meet nice people and draw for them!"

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Mr. Bill. We all still love you...no matter what that Butler guy says (or does).

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Bill working on at least 4 different murals - the man is a human dynamo......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can attest to that! Thank you Bill for all your help, great stories, and energy. Having the opportunity to work side by side with you was the BEST!!! I am sitting in the airport, on the way he and feeling like it was all a wonderful dream. Wait...I might be asleep.... still...since there wasn't much of that going on.

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill, you saved my bacon on the face on my mural. The face was copied from an Alphonse Mucha poster, and to do it justice the skin tones and details of the eyes and lips had to be perfect. For those who saw her before and after, there was no comparison. Before, she looked like she'd overdone it with that nasty orangey fake tanning stuff. [Eek!] Bill came in and fixed the colors (and a lot more!) and best of all, I learned so much about color blending just watching him work. Mr. Riedel, sir, it was an honor. Thank you, again! [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, that was funny, but it gives the impression I was just standing around. The truth is I spent almost a day and a half on the scaffold painting and having fun. You and Dan had a great crew to work with, I was happy to have been part of it.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill...I apologize...I was only trying to have a bit of fun....you know how much I appreciate you and you always do work hard on the walls (and mostly on the highest level where you belong)...thanks again for your hard work and talents...

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

-

how about a big ole' Slice of Nice"
that's Bill standing there behind our granddaughter Hannah

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

I've noticed that anytime there is a nice looking woman around, you will find Bill close by. Funny how it happens that way.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda reminds you of Aussie John, doesn't he Ray?

Loaded with talent and a veritable babe magnet.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I slept with one eye open every night . . . Bill was sleeping in the same place we were - out at Jim and Dixie Vogel's estate - and he's not shy about his love for my wife . . .

I still think I can whoop him if he moves in too close . . .

Or I could just get Rondi's phone number . . .?? [Wink]

If getting older is as easy as Bill makes it look, well, I'm not one bit skeered of it . . .

But watch your girls around him . . . [Wink]

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

This girl thing is wonderful, now that I am too old to do anything, they know I am harmless. You heard it said, they think of me as their grandpa. If anyone wonders, you never outgrow your pleasure of being with pretty girls.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

That gives me something to look forward to Bill.

My wonderful wife, Jeanne, says that me looking at women is like a dog chasing a car - I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is she speaking from experience Ray? [Wink]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!