Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » hey versacamm owners....got a problem.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hey versacamm owners....got a problem.
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi ya folks!!

so this is a new one for me. i'm printing away on this lovely sunday evening. these particular files need crop marks cause they are going to be cut after laminating.
everything sounds normal...ya know how when it prints the crop marks its printing faster...so i go to take it off the printer and no circle marks. wtf? so i try it again...making sure the box is checked. and i run it again...same thing, it goes thru the motions and looks like its printing but it isn't....even at the end...it speeds up like its printing the last 2 circles and nothing is there.
has anyone had this happen? ffs its always something! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Raap
Resident

Member # 3632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Raap   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Raap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had some weird things happen but not that one.
Are you using VersaWorks for your RIP?
I hate to ask the obvious but have you tried rebooting? I have had files that seem to go bad on the way to VersaWorks, deleting the job and resending it to VersaWorks helps some times.

--------------------
Dennis Raap
Raap Signs

Posts: 839 | From: Coopersville, MI | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear of problems, and I have never owned nor used a digital printer...

BUT...

I am curious as to whether "glitches" like you are describing result in totaly lost material, vinyl and ink?

Or can they be salvaged manually?

I guess what I am asking is...does a problem like this wipe out any and all profits from a job?

I remember when a vinyl cutting job screwed up, I would use the "F" word a LOT and it DID eat into the profit margin. And screw-ups never seemed to happen on small runs nor small jobs..

Always on those large jobs that involved long runs and several yards of material.

I'm just curious as to how these glitches affect your business?

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8885 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any ideas for solving the problem Karyn, but in a reply to Dave, I suppose some of these band-aid solutions could be helpful, although probably nothing new for you.

If it is a large print, sometimes I've run the first few inches, cut that off & used it as a reference for the registration marks. Once the location has been identified I've hand cut around reg marks & stuck them on where they belong.

The marks at the far end would be a bit harder to locate, but I think I had a similar problem only once & I think it involved multiple prints... so I had the next correctly printed run for my reference.

On an easy, or only moderately difficult cut, you could put a pen in the plotter & some large sheet of scrap paper from the laminator & plot out the cut line, tape it on the job & hand cut it.

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nevermind....i got it fixed. the black nozzle must have been clogged. i did the big girl cleaning and everything is rockin n rolling once again! pheewww!
yeah dave....waste happens...especially in the biz eh?

[ June 08, 2009, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: KARYN BUSH ]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne McDonald
Visitor
Member # 6842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne McDonald   Email Anne McDonald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Karen,

You probably already know but if you start each day by doing a nozzle print test you'll avoid tearing your hair out wondering why you've got problems with different things [Smile] ......ask me how I know tehe

--------------------
Anne McDonald
17 Karnak Crescent
Russley
Christchurch 8042
New Zealand

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"

Posts: 877 | From: Christchurch | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!