Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Golf Cart Sponsor/Logo Signs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Golf Cart Sponsor/Logo Signs
Kathy Weeks
Resident

Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Weeks   Email Kathy Weeks       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas for me - I met a customer at a golf clubhouse this morning, so we could look at the golf carts used there. She works for a large bank, they are sponsoring a golf tournament, she wants the bank logo/name across the front of 50 golf carts. We discussed taping 18"x12" signs on the carts. A maintenance manager for the clubhouse told us absolutely no tape on the fiberglass front of the carts - too messy, scratches are left when trying to clean off residue. Using rope to tie the signs on front, didn't look promising. Anyone run across a similar project, or have any intersting ideas that may help me & my client? Static clings or lightweight banner perhaps? This customer said she would like to be able to reuse any signs I make (cost effective).
Thanks! Kathy

--------------------
Kathy Weeks
Weeks-End Signs & Graphics
Lake Elmo, Minnesota

Posts: 249 | From: Lake Elmo, Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregg Parkes
Resident

Member # 7710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gregg Parkes   Author's Homepage   Email Gregg Parkes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple -

use corflute ( or corrugated plastic board) with velcro straps. Simply place on the cart, strap, and when finished rip off and store.

--------------------
Gregg
Sydney Signworks
(02) 9837 1198
Schofields NSW Australia

Posts: 368 | From: Schofields | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregg Parkes
Resident

Member # 7710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gregg Parkes   Author's Homepage   Email Gregg Parkes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ June 03, 2009, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Gregg Parkes ]

--------------------
Gregg
Sydney Signworks
(02) 9837 1198
Schofields NSW Australia

Posts: 368 | From: Schofields | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Kearfott
Visitor
Member # 3756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Kearfott   Email Dan Kearfott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
print the info on removable adhesive vinyl. (The same type of stuff they use for "FatHeads") then place it somewhere on the cart body. It can be removed easily and re-used many times.

--------------------
Dan E. Kearfott
KEARFOTT GRAPHIX
312 W. 8th St.
Gibson City, IL 60936

Success comes in "Cans", Failure comes in "Cant's"

Posts: 121 | From: Gibson City, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Kathy,

Removable vinyl or static cling should work fine. Since they want 50, I would look into screen printing or get them screen printed.

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do this for 3 golf scrambles a year.

We print the sponsors name on paper, laminate, and hang from the windshield frame with zip ties.

Simple, inexpensive, and can be made to look very nice.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2289 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Weeks
Resident

Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Weeks   Email Kathy Weeks       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks you guys, for all the great ideas, I appreciate the help! All of these ideas are great options.
Now I have to get busy, and get the signs made for my customer by Monday!
Thanks again!

--------------------
Kathy Weeks
Lake Elmo, Minnesota

Posts: 249 | From: Lake Elmo, Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Giampia
Resident

Member # 2007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Giampia   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Giampia       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kathy,
We do alot of the golf cart signs using coro with 3M command strips to mount them (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Command/home/us_en/products/mounting_strips/ )
and we've never had an issue with removing them or scratching.

--------------------
Tom & Sharon Giampia
Creative Image Design
Port Chester, NY

Posts: 285 | From: Port Chester | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kathy, I do a similar thing to the others. I had to do a couple here a while back for an event and I made 2 12"x18" coro signs and hung them on either side of the cart from the roof framing with zip ties... I also had a roll of static cling here so did graphics on that for the front of the cart...

It worked perfectly...

[ June 04, 2009, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Jon Jantz ]

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Weeks
Resident

Member # 10828

Thanks Tom & Sharon - I had thought about the 3M command strips, but have never tried them, I'll have to give it whirl.
Also, Thanks Jon, my customer and I discussed hanging signs from the side of the roof frame, but she didn't think there was enough head room, but I think all options should be looked at, or even tried.
Thank you all, again, for your terrific advice! You've really helped me out of a jam! This IS the BEST bulleting board!
Kathy

--------------------
Kathy Weeks
Lake Elmo, Minnesota

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!