Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » What to do with old vinyl banners...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to do with old vinyl banners...
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

Ad reads..

Description
Another from our new collection, a shoulder tote bag modelled on the old fashioned doctor's bag shape. Very colourful & has a funky red polyester inner lining!. all our tote bags are waterproof and made from re-cycled, re-enforced vinyl asian advertising banners, and are all lined internally. This tote has an additional inner pocket, and is stitched to the highest standards.

***These banners are collected and therefore not sent to the landfill!. They are then cleaned and sanitized ready for seaming***
Remember each bag is unique, no two are the same.

Pretty clever, eh?

The link is at:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6183633§ion_id=5838593

[ May 16, 2009, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Donna in BC ]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine Beauchemin   Author's Homepage   Email Elaine Beauchemin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 brothers in switzerland
started a trend in 1993
even their straps and handles are made from recycled car safety belt
take a look at freitag.ch

about in 2006? similar idea at bilum.fr

[ May 16, 2009, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Elaine Beauchemin ]

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
www.scripsit.net

Posts: 1096 | From: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!! I absoutly love it. It even makes me want to sell more banners. Now if someone could figure out how to recycle corex. I use it sometimes to cover where I don't want weeds then cover it up with beauty bark.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3816 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, they sure make great "slip n' slides" for the summer

1 banner + sloping grass area(gravel if you're tuff!) and water,,, belly down, GO!!

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL John! . . . an' look, there's a use for a banner 'tote' to take your beach towel and stuff along . . .
don't forget for a sturdy-banner recycle - stretch banner between two trees for napping after a long day of slip-n-slide . . .

Meanwhile, a nice wide/tall banner can become a shower curtain . . . if cutting and hemming is needed, save the scrap for a matching bathroom window curtain . . .

And all you campers out there, a coupl'a large banners would make a great tent! Stretch a rope between two trees and center the banner over the rope. Tie off the bottom grommets and crawl in the 'a-frame' [Smile] (A tarp works, why not banners?) Gee, come to think of it, you could advertise your own business . . . nah - ya go camping to get away from customers, right? . . . [Razz] )

But I'm inspired!
Would'nt the totes be cute with grommets all around the top to create a draw-string style tote!
Can't wait to see the matching banner-dresses . . . I mean, they already make dresses out of paper, and bottle caps and stuff . . . why not banners? It would be very shiny and 'mod'. Add big hair and some white go-go boots to complete the outfit. [Razz]

Speaking of corex Alicia, that reminded me of some college guys who made actual furniture out of FED-X coroplast shipping boxes . . .

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, now they should have some of this stuff at the ISA Shows. Makes me wonder what they do with all the left over printed stuff from the show. They could even have a Fashion Show, complete with runway models.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3816 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I had a similar Idea a few weeks ago, using recycled materials I was going to call it "The ole Bag"

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb Schilling
Resident

Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb Schilling   Author's Homepage   Email Barb Schilling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just use them to protect the floor from paint and cover the woodpiles :-)

--------------------
SIGN STATION

Anoka, Minnesota
www.signstation.com
barbara@signstation.com

Posts: 338 | From: Andover, MN, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!