Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » unbelievably horrible experience...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unbelievably horrible experience...
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - N E V E R again we will we order from this company...

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what was the problem?

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the name should have given it away, David! What were ya thinkin'! [Bash]
This would be a great place for us all to add some more companies or people that you should probably NOT deal with....like a dentist named I.M. Pain.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well...since you asked Raymond...the short of it is..Susie put her order in for some post cards...and when the day that they were to arrive came and went...well she started calling the fine folks and for 3 straight days got the run around...come to find out that they printed them right away (Overnight I think)...they just forgot to ship them out...each day Susie was pretty kind about her feelings on how she was being treated and they assured her each day that they would be sure and ship them out...now the day (Friday) is over and they still haven't been shipped (and Susie was on the phone with them pretty much all day long) and guess what...when the post cards do get here (if they ever do?)...the open house that they are advertising will more than likely be over...and we could very well loose a good customer to boot....just what we don't need in today's economy...

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

oh...I forgot this part...Susie poured herself a glass of wine about 3:00 and proceeded to drink it all gone....the glass of wine...not the whole bottle.......yet

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well . . . anyway . . . HEY Y'ALL!

[Razz]

I am terribley sorry about your U.H.E. from the S.O.P. which leaves you W.O.P. at your O.H. but I'm U.H. (Unbelievabley Happy) your U.H.E. was not something like a terrible car wreck or bad day at the E.R.
Hope get to see y'all someday soon! I miss y'all.

G.B.Y.
K.T.F.
T.T.Y.L.

[Razz]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to highly recommend you try 4over.com in the future.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used them as well Jon. Very cheap, Very fast, Fantastic quality....wait something is wrong with that scenario!
I only wish they were in Canada, they ship each order individually and the brokerage fees kill me. They also have an online help chat and the one order that I had that had some print problems they replaced with no hassle.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you were joking! Sorry you had a day like ours....
Tell Susie wine thirty has commenced and my house too! Will this week ever end!!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh?

David...I was real glad to meet your ugly self...in Aledo...or was it Lodi ? Wait a minute...it might have been Lincoln...

Anyhow, keep on keepin' on, as they say.

You use lot's of earth colors. They look good outside, around various forms of greenery...

BUT...(time to smile)... I suggest two scenarios.
Experiment with the hard to understand color combinations, like black and blue...and the bright sunshine colors as well...like all the reds to yellows.

I am probably going to be criticized, but that's what I have always been wanting, in my life.

An honest opinion.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dittos on 4Over. Great service!

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daEMSYl3m3E

David, maybe you can watch this and read the comments.... if the saying is true that misery loves company, maybe this'll make ya feel better...

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had 100 business cards made at Overnight Prints. I really liked how they turned out, but it took about 2 weeks from the time I placed the order. They probably wish they had picked a different name.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Macomber
Visitor
Member # 10854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Macomber   Author's Homepage   Email David Macomber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I have used them as well for some postcards and biz cards and it took about 2 week.... Fortunately I wasn't in a rush. But they should pick a new name. Sorry bout that

--------------------
David Macomber Jr.
_ _ __________________________ _ _
DavidMac Signs
505 Terminal Dr. Erma, NJ
609-602-4035
info@davidmacsigns.com
http://davidmacsigns.com/
http://davidmacsigns.wordpress.com/

Posts: 31 | From: Cape May, New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive used 40ver for a long time averaging around 5,000 fliers a month, bizz cards and magnetic bizz cards.. Never a problem. In fact they saved me from a few of my own mistakes.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like 4over is the people's choice. I'll be using them the next time I need anything.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Blair
Resident

Member # 951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Blair   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Blair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used Overnight Prints for several years now for business cards, postcards, and tri-fold brochures. I like their quality (16 pt paper instead of the usual 14 or 15 at other places) and haven't had any shipping issues. I usually pick the priority printing and shipping option and have them within a week as they ship to me from their Louisville, KY facility.
Maybe I have just been lucky but i continue to use them.

--------------------
Dana Blair
Blair Signs
Wooster, OH
www.blairsigns.com

If sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their picket signs?

Posts: 835 | From: Wooster, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they should call themselves "Overnight Prints, Slow Boat to China Shipping"

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Dana, I get all my biz cards on 16 pt. from 4over... and the quality is superb. Plus they'll drop ship to your customer in plain boxes, and will only sell to the trade...

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com

bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive used OP and 4over and now have moved to viaprintfirm, very reasonable and pretty quick. I think most of us will run through these companies one at a time like a bra scene in the 80s, no one is the fav for long.

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have always used Post Card Press and had no problems. This morning I received an email that my order I placed on Wednesday had been shipped Friday. I usually get my order within five or six days of placing the order with no special shipping charges.

Sorry Susie and David - I've been there on some jobs and it's no fun. Lost a large account due to not getting about $5,000 of screened banners when they said they would have them to me. Found out the salesman quit the company and never placed my order.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Byrd   Author's Homepage   Email John Byrd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had that happen with them one time out of dozens, but it is a real big problem. I had an order sit in the warehouse for two weeks while every time I got on the phone with someone, they eventually found them and said they would ship immediately...again. They ended up getting sent to someone in Montana or Wisconsin, who was kind enough to call me and then UPS them to me.
I love the quality and overall company concept, but that incedent would cure anyone of using their services.

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874
http://johnbyrddesign.com
so happy I gotta sit on both my hands to keep from wavin' at everybody!

Posts: 741 | From: Ball Ground, Georgia, USA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about your problems Dave. Finding good suppliers is an important part of any business.

Over the past few Months, Letterville has lost sereral Merchants. Some say they can no longer afford the $500 a year fee and others flat out admit they have "others" promote their business at no cost.

When you discover a good supplier, why not make them aware that you discovered them here in Letterville. In this case, you might even forward a link to this post to 4over.

Some former Merchants have stated that they can't see any results from advertising in Letterville. They feel you folks no longer use any paints, brushes, or other traditional tools.

We know this is not accurate, but they have no way of knowing unless you tell them. Will you do that for us?

[ March 28, 2009, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've been using Partner Printing and have been very pleased with their results. Seems the most difficult part is me getting the set up right to send to them. I know how to make signs, and have some difficulty understanding the set up for printing.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6716 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive used gotprint.com for two years or so and always have great results. They have locations in calif. and ohio, so most of my stuff when shipped gets here next day. Most stuff is back to me in less than a week.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!