Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Digital print price check

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Digital print price check
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Layout/print/install 5 overlapping 54" tall X 27" wide digital prints .... which together make a digital backdrop that is 54" X 11 feet.

Roland Soljet 2 Pro.

No lamination needed - indoor.

Calendared Vinyl - LG brand.

I come up with Roughly $500. That seems cheap to me...but I am using Estimate and everything seems so abstract with the pricing of this program....randomly slide this slider here, that slider there.... I'm still not used to this.

What do you come up with?

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine Beauchemin   Author's Homepage   Email Elaine Beauchemin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
54" is 4.5ft x 11ft = 49.5 sq ft
at 500 it around 10$ sq ft not that bad for the print...
figure out your time to do the design
and how complicated could be the install
adjust if needed

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
www.scripsit.net

Posts: 1096 | From: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Smith

Member # 298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Todd,

quote:
randomly slide this slider here, that slider there.... I'm still not used to this.
I'm not sure if you are using Version 1 or 2, but if you are using Version 2 look into upcharges for anything you would normally use sliders for in version 1.

A quick tutorial on the best way to use the subjective sliders can be found here:

How Do I Get My Pricing Consistent?

Hope this helps!

--------------------
Best Regards,
Mark Smith
EstiMate Sign Pricing Software
It's Not Luck. It's EstiMate.™
http://www.EstiMateSoftware.com
1-888-304-3300

Posts: 724 | From: Asheville, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mark - I'll give that a look see. That's probably the toughest area for me... the sliders. Working with Version 1.95.

Todd

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Smith

Member # 298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just keep in mind that the bottom 3 almost always stay where they are, and that you use "Artwork Complexity" for any pre-production (design) time -- and watch the time below change as you adjust it. Use "General Difficulty Level" for any production time *above and beyond* the base time EstiMate comes up with (for example, if you know a digital print must also be hemmed or grommeted).

Set 'em and forget 'em, mostly.

--------------------
Best Regards,
Mark Smith
EstiMate Sign Pricing Software
It's Not Luck. It's EstiMate.™
http://www.EstiMateSoftware.com
1-888-304-3300

Posts: 724 | From: Asheville, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Giampia
Resident

Member # 2007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Giampia   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Giampia       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd,
I agree that it sounds cheap. $10 per sq ft covers the print and maybe a very simple design, but I would charge at least $200 for the install on top of that.
That type of job can really transform a room, charge the value, not the cost.

--------------------
Tom & Sharon Giampia
Creative Image Design
Port Chester, NY

Posts: 285 | From: Port Chester | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I have to agree, $500 is actually a good price for you that is.. but.. add for design..and install, around here I'm lucky to get $7 to 8 a sq with lamination on 3 mil vinyl... Go Get em Todd.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawud Shaheed
Visitor
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawud Shaheed   Author's Homepage   Email Dawud Shaheed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me, using my wholesale print guy...it looks like that size would cost me approx. $112 for the print.
That leaves $388 profit. I'd take into consideration the install and design time, vinyl prep etc. and adjust from there. I think a bit more wouldn't hurt. Especially if it's in an upscale area. Inside means you would need to be super meticulous about it...add for that. I'd say closer to $650-$750 if you feel you can get it. Like Tom said, "raise the value, not the price." I like that. I'm going to flip that and use it.

--------------------
Dawud Shaheed
Sign Scientist
Durham (triangle area) N.C
919 685 7641
signscientist@aol.com
www.signscientist.com

Posts: 1158 | From: durham (triangle area) NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Thanks guys... I bumped the price up to $719.... which I think is fair given the work, print time, some design, etc....

I want to be fair - and be competitive...so I'll see how this is received. I kinda thought my initial price was weak too. Thanks again for your input.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Dawud Shaheed
Visitor
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawud Shaheed   Author's Homepage   Email Dawud Shaheed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go get em, I would've put it at $697, but maybe that would be a dead giveaway. Like the $12,999 the car dealers do. It's really a $700 disguised as a $600 and some change, haha. $719 is a good price.

--------------------
Dawud Shaheed
Sign Scientist
Durham (triangle area) N.C
919 685 7641
signscientist@aol.com
www.signscientist.com

Posts: 1158 | From: durham (triangle area) NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why so many skinny pieces, instead of one big long print?
I recently got about 80% more, for an outdoor, laminated version of something similar.

Don't be too cheap- your skills are worth a LOT compared with the competition's.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Hi Ian -

I thought that an eleven foot piece of vinyl that was 5 feet high would be a nightmare to handle...haven't done anything that big in one sheet before....so I thought the customary thing would be to do it in panels....

Todd

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!