Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Mike Meyer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mike Meyer
Mark Stokes
Visitor
Member # 5351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Stokes   Email Mark Stokes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has not posted for ages where are you?
anyone know?

--------------------
Mark Stokes
Mark Stokes Signs
Mount Barker South Australia

Posts: 388 | From: Mount Barker | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He flew da coop.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawud Shaheed
Visitor
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawud Shaheed   Author's Homepage   Email Dawud Shaheed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear I was going to make this thread tonight and I got sidetracked.
When I came and saw the thread title I had to second guess, "damn did I forget I even made the thread"?
Yeah, so where is Mikey anyway?

--------------------
Dawud Shaheed
Sign Scientist
Durham (triangle area) N.C
919 685 7641
signscientist@aol.com
www.signscientist.com

Posts: 1158 | From: durham (triangle area) NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not in "dan"ville.

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
!
You might possibly find him Here

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne McDonald
Visitor
Member # 6842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne McDonald   Email Anne McDonald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike has his own website now so I doubt he will feature here. I shan't post the link as I don't wish to offend Steve and Barb.

--------------------
Anne McDonald
17 Karnak Crescent
Russley
Christchurch 8042
New Zealand

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"

Posts: 877 | From: Christchurch | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its a great shame he's not around, there's often not time to visit all the different sign sites, and having frequented this one since late 96, it feels like a natural place to start the day.

Shame we let ourselves get upset over politics, guns and religion, when we share so much in common on other fronts.

I wasn't sure why Mike left, something to do with the military and his son, I heard.

Maybe we don't always help ourselves, why the digs or snipes at others here? It doesn't make you want to post work or discuss sign stuff much, as someone's waiting to jump on you.

Stevo I don't really understand the "Dan"ville thing, anymore than the puke post, it doesn't really bring us together, you are a really talented guy, you do some great work, I love looking at your site, and I bought your clipart.

Why not be more involved positively, you have alot you could give, and the more we all put in the more we get back.

I really enjoy Dan's posts, I don't reply to them all, but I read them, and having got to know him, and what he's all about just, like his really positive outlook on life, and the energy he shares withothers, whether face to face or here.

I guess life is always going to attract some conflicts it seems to be human nature, this place for me has introduced me to so many new friends over the years, helped me develop, and is something you want to support.

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, Henry.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how people get around so many websites, ... especially ones of the same kind. There's too much going on outside of work, and outside of the internet for that to happen for me. I barely get here as much anymore.

Still, I'm sticking with the original. Here is where I met all you folks afterall. It's comforting to know where I can find you all in one place! hahaaa Well ... most of you anyway.

insert "cheers" music here.
~nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if Mike has left the board because someone here said something negative about his son's service, I'm very disappointed in that individual. The men and women who serve in the military deserve our utmost respect.

I still remember that butthole, formerly a registered member here, that gleefully used my 14 year old nephew's death from a brain tumor to express his political opinions of the US Military. Every time I think about it, I still want to introduce his knee caps to my old Louisville Slugger.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worries . . .
G'ya y'all . . . he's STILL a 'head.

Once a letterhead always a letterhead I always say . . . no matter WHERE you are on the globe.

THIS is true global warming.

Now. Don'chu feel fuzzy?

lol

[Smile]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know many friends and fellow Letterheads who visit Letterville and like it too.

They have their own personal reasons for not posting here. I respect that.

I visit several other Sign sites too at times. I seldom, if ever, post there. But it does not mean I have "disappeared".

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike is larger than life. His energy is contagious and he's an enormous talent. If you met him in person, I'm sure you'd like him as much we do in our family. He's unbelievably funny and he has given of himself many times in the letterhead and walldog spirit. He's one colorful dude and is as unique as can be. I feel richer in life for knowing unique folk such as he. I'm glad to call him a friend, and Letterville sure lost a great resident when he left.

I hope he comes back, but if someone attacked my family and a son like they did his, I wouldn't hang around either. You can't imagine the hardship that a family goes through when a member is asked to step forward to protect us. Without those brave people where would we be.

Feelings are hurt easily. Artistic people sometimes wear their heart on their sleeves. I know I do. Sometimes the written word is misinterpreted. Sarcasm for instance doesn't always come across well when it's written. And I notice that sometimes when residents ask for help they get scolded instead. Usually there is no one way to do things. We should all realize that.

Sometimes I can get cranky -- usually around bad customers -- and I come here to gripe. Before Letterheads I thought I was the only one who had to confront these idiots. After being here a while I noticed I wasn't the only one and I always found that comforting and therapeutic. If I have offended anybody in the process, I apologize. I'm primarily good natured and fun loving much like Mike, and the thing that irks me the most is when our trade and our efforts are not respected.

Mike has hosted few meets in his hometown that have to rank among the best meets ever. If you were lucky enough to attend one, you would quickly see how hard he worked to make everyone feel at home and have the best time possible. That's not an easy thing to do. So here's to Mike! We love you man!

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I echo what Bill said about Mike.
Mike Meyer has inspired me when times were tough and is the consummate ambassador for the craft of Signmaking.He has renewed my love of the craft many times.

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to be too prickly about it, but when and where someone CHOOSES to post online, and in what capacity, is entirely personal.

This site has taken on a life of its own for years now, to the point that when people gather in person, at a meet, they frequently find themeselves talking about the stuff that goes on here, in cyberspace. And it's usually a lot of "who said what about who" - gossipy BS, which I suppose is part of human nature, not that that's much of an excuse. [I Don t Know]

Mike Meyer has his own reasons for whether he chooses to post here - same as me, same as any of you - and I'm not going to speculate what those reasons may or may not be. One thing about Meyer, he's up front - if you want to know what he thinks, ASK him, he'll tell you. Mike's phone number is 507-843-5951. For those that wish to sppeculate why he chooses not to post here, why not give him a call and ask him. [Applause]

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do know that Mike had a bad virus on his computer that put it out of commission for about a month. It has just been fixed recently.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well whatever the reason, I wish him the best and much success for his website.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to the great Mike Meyer today and he wishes all at Letterville the very best.

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!