Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » My grab bag is here! My grab bag is here!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My grab bag is here! My grab bag is here!
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is almost going to be like the "Charlie Brown Halloween" thing comparing bags... except no one is going to get a rock.

I got my grab bag CD with some very cool stuff on it. I got me two Butler designed T-shirts and a Sign Police pin!

Woo hoo!

Thanks Dave and Suzie!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce .. as the old saying goes:

"Never look a gift horse in the mouth .... Just grab and run!"

You scored some real "goodies" !

"Sign Police" Pin tho?

[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am ecstatic with my prizes! Couldn't be happier! Well, I could but that would just be being greedy! LOL!

Thanks again to the Butlers!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got our "prizes" too. Way to go Butlers! The guys are excited but I have the disc in my drawer, where Bill has to ask permission to use it (per your instructions)!
[Thanks] Thanks you SOOO much! You are truly the letterhead spirit award winners! [Applause]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bag arrived today too, I'm really happy.

Great start to the year, I know I just got off the phone with you both, but thanks again! [Smile]

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our bag just arrived in todays mail. Just like Christmas morning! Thanks Dave and Suze! Wicked cool stuff!

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looking forward to my two!

Thanks for the email David!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Okay here we go...Doug has thrown down for 2 (two) Grab-Bags.(thanks Doug)...and since the time frame has come and gone (thru no fault of Doug's)...but since Doug is a pretty good guy (we met him in Georgia, so we know). Here's what we (with your help) will do! There are three grab bags sitting on the table here right now (use your imagination if you have to). One has the standard contents...one has the standard contents plus a major prize...and one has the standard contents plus...what some have refered to as..."THE MOTHER LOAD". You all get 1 (one) vote...RED, WHITE OR BLUE. Post your color choice here on this thread. The deadline to vote is Saturday nite at 10:00 January 10th, 2009. We will all be able to see what the results are right? And only one person will know which bag has...what in it....that person is...Barb Shortreed...so Barb...right now this minute mark the Grab-Bags and we trust that you will keep it secret. When the voting is done...Barb will announce the results right here on the BullBoard for all to see...including you Doug. So let the voting begin folks. Good Luck Doug...and remember..we're pulling for you, right Pete?

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Doug...I mispeld yur last name

I vote BLUE

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cody Reich
Resident

Member # 8052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cody Reich   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Reich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red

--------------------
Cody Reich
Columbia Signs

Posts: 300 | From: Vancouver, WA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow... COOL!!
Not only did I want to invest in David Butler memoribillia... AND stimulate the economy...

...but I also really liked the fun of gambling on a purchase that had an additional element of surprise, and the potential bonus factor...

What a cool deal for David to not only honor my original lost email with a chance to pick up some cool David Butler stuff... but to recapture the element of chance & surprise as well!!

Based on both the meeting in Georgia, AND the years in Letterville... you are a real good guy yourself!

I vote white (if I am supposed to vote)

--------------------
Doug Allan

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bec Bermudez
Visitor
Member # 8219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bec Bermudez   Author's Homepage   Email Bec Bermudez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vote white too!

--------------------
Bec "Phoebe's Mom" Bermudez
Sawatzky's Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, BC

Posts: 103 | From: Yarrow, BC | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue - good luck Doug! [Smile]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawud Shaheed
Visitor
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawud Shaheed   Author's Homepage   Email Dawud Shaheed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
true blue

--------------------
Dawud Shaheed
Sign Scientist
Durham (triangle area) N.C
919 685 7641
signscientist@aol.com
www.signscientist.com

Posts: 1158 | From: durham (triangle area) NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RED

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RED,What are you going to do with the other bag?

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll vote blue, being cold and winter and all.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Motherload Snow White of course! [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm seeing RED

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue...!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd vote blue over here, but I like red too, always have problems with decisions.....

Blue

PS. I thought I got the motherload, it was a great surprise at any rate!

[ January 10, 2009, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Henry Barker ]

--------------------
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Cool... looks like Blue has a 2 vote lead with a tie for second place! No telling what that means... but it's an exciting & suspenseful event out here in my neck of the woods. Thanks for participating!

--------------------
Doug Allan

david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

POLLS CLOSE IN 20 MINUTES...LIGHT VOTER TURN MEANS JUST ONE THING...NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE VOTED

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

ACCORDING TO MY CLOCK HERE IN INDIANA...THE POLLS ARE NOW CLOSED AND NOW WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE RESULTS ARE...THIS COULD TAKE SOME TIME AS IT SEEMS THAT BARB HASN'T GOT BACK FROM SUPPER WITH FRIENDS YET SO...

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supper was great Dave and we ended up playing some Euchre. My partner Ken and I won every game [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Here is what is inside of the grab bags [Smile]

red...is the standard
white...is standard plus major prize
blue...the mother load

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2374 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Congratulations on your Euchre game Barb...

Sounds like I might be feeling like a winner in a big way myself from a quick look at color votes...

...but anyway, I am so grateful David and Susie found my old email & put it back in the running for some fun.

I have one nice David Butler design in my Letterhead memoribillia collection & whatever is in any of those bags will be a treat that will be cherished!

--------------------
Doug Allan

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red , white or blue - you can't go wrong if it's Butlerized........

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, maybe you could auction the last bag off on Ebay. Might be surprised what it would bring. I was planning on entering the Economic Stimulus program but was so busy over Christmas, I neglected to enter in time....

/BTW, y'all can have the motherload or mother load....
//I'd like to have the "Mother LODE"

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll pick the gold one!
Because all the bags are gold in colour.

I guess I lost out by 20 minutes.!

[ January 12, 2009, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Stephen Deveau ]

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Stanley
Visitor
Member # 6786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Stanley   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Stanley       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still waiting for my Smalts from the drawing before the last one!

--------------------
Dana Stanley
Mass.
(508) 234-8193
http://stanleyphotographer.com

Posts: 805 | From: Whitinsville,Mass USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dana, me things your referring to the Resident Draw, this is a promotion by David Butler.

I received my grab bag today. What a deal!!!! Thank you so much Suze and David.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Hej Dana,talking of residents draws, I won a years subsription to Letterheds Magazine but that was over a year ago and it never came...short straw? [Smile] Still its the thought that counts. [Smile]

--------------------
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!