Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Butler's World Wide Stimulus Package

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Butler's World Wide Stimulus Package
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Coming soon...very soon...it's our Solution to the International Economic Crisis.

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Moser
Visitor
Member # 6526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Moser   Email Jim Moser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I CAN'T WAIT ! [Cool]

--------------------
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain !
Jim Moser Design
13342 C Grass Valley Ave.
Grass Valley, Ca. 95945
530-273-7615 jwmoser@att.net

Posts: 488 | From: Grass Valley, Ca. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool, any suggestions for the political lunacy going on up here?

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you have used a different color for the Butler's so it would have a better readability for us ol'folks [Smile]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Careful. Looks like Joey's getting stimulated already.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool stuff! I like the way the globe uses the longitude? is that spelled right?.... lines to tie it up.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Butler for President!!!!!
LOL

I need a Golden Parachute!!!!

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Airlines Now Charging Fees To Non-Passengers

December 1, 2008

FORT WORTH, TX­Cash-strapped American Airlines announced a new series of fees this week that will apply to all customers not currently flying, scheduled to fly, or even thinking about flying aboard the commercial carrier.

The fees, the latest introduced by American Airlines in a continuing effort to combat its financial woes, will take effect on Monday. According to company officials, these charges will include a $25 tax on citizens traveling with any other airline, as well as a mandatory $30 surcharge for passengers who decide to just stay home for the holidays instead.

"Tough times unfortunately mean tough measures," American Airlines president Gerard Arpey said. "It's never an easy decision to ask our loyal customers, as well as thousands of people chosen at random out of a telephone book, to pay a little extra, but that's just the reality of today's economic climate. We hope all Americans will understand this when receiving one of our new bills in the mail."

Arpey said that non-passengers of American Airlines should expect to pay a small fee when making Greyhound bus reservations, choosing to drive to their final destination, or simply being a citizen of the United States with a valid Social Security number.

Arpey went on to note that some additional charges would also apply, including a $15 fee for every piece of luggage customers have inside their bedroom closet, and a one-time payment of $40 for any American whose name is Greg.

"We are confident that these new measures will not discourage customers from flying with American Airlines," vice president Margaret Wilkinson said. "However, we'd like to remind our customers that there is a 'discouraged-from-flying-with-American-Airlines' charge if they do in fact choose not to fly with us."

American Airlines, which posted a $1.45 billion loss in the second quarter of 2008 alone, claimed that the new fees­including the Taking A Shower Fee, the Knowing What An Airplane Looks Like Fee, and the Eating E. L. Fudge Cookies While Watching A Rerun Of House Fee­will help the company rebound. According to internal projections, the airline will recoup $500 million in the next three months alone, with nearly 80 percent of that revenue coming from citizens asleep at home.

"Watching television last night cost me $250," said Baltimore resident Michael Peterson, one of many Americans now forced to pay high airline costs for folding their laundry and going to the ophthalmologist. "It's ridiculous, but what can you do? I guess that's just the price of not flying these days."

"American Airlines charged me for cleaning out my attic," said 74-year-old Samantha Pratt, a New Jersey resident who has not left the state since
2005. "Sure, I didn't have to wait in any long lines, or go through invasive security searches, and I got to clean out my attic, which is something I've been wanting to do for weeks, but come on now."

In response to American's move, other airlines have begun offering more competitive rates. United this week unveiled a new $99 "spend the weekend quietly reading indoors" offer, while Southwest is introducing a $125 round-trip fare for those walking to their corner store for some groceries.

JetBlue, a commercial carrier known for its thrifty rates, has come out ahead of the pack, however, and is being lauded for its decision not to charge non-passengers not to fly.

Despite reduced offers such as these, many remain concerned over the new fees. Some have even expressed doubt about whether they'll be able to afford to see family members they currently live with during Christmas.

"It's just not worth it anymore," said Caroline Huza, an Ohio native and mother of two. "Plus, every time I stay at home, I always get trapped next to some kid who won't stop crying."

(c) Copyright 2008, Onion, Inc. All rights reserved.

<http://www.theonion.com/content/index/4449Issue 44•49

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to being stimulated.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could use some stimulation too.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My day has already been stimulating enough, thank you. [Bash] [Bash] [Bash]

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brent Logan
Resident

Member # 6587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Logan   Email Brent Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hear about the new bumber sticker for the auto industry? "Ass, Gas or 34 Billion Dollars... nobody Rides for Free".

--------------------
Brent Logan
Reno, NV

Posts: 919 | From: Reno, NV | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] Brent!!

Hey! Do NOT pull that string!! The whole world will fall apart if you do.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne McDonald
Visitor
Member # 6842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne McDonald   Email Anne McDonald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm, solution to economic crisis

....consume more

....produce more human beings who consume more

....consume entire planet

.....Consume each other??

MOVE TO MARS....Brilliant!!

--------------------
Anne McDonald
17 Karnak Crescent
Russley
Christchurch 8042
New Zealand

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"

Posts: 877 | From: Christchurch | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Folks...have a see what we have done
and let's get ready to have some fun.
http://www.davidbutler.com/stimulus.html

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So am I grabbing one of your bags now or should I wait and have Kathy grab your bag between those midnight date things?

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 654 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

-
Bruce...we tried cashing this "BOGUS BUTLER BILL" that you sent us and guess what...IT WORKED...however our accounts receivables says "That's it...no more Bogus Bills no matter whose face appears on them...period!"

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we don't have $25 bills up here, can't even send 25 dollar bills cuz we don't have dollar bills either, just lots of bills, besides thats about 35 bucks canuck, is it still worth it?

--------------------
Pete Payne
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have a bag..... it's Christmas isn't it ? I guess I deserve something....

[Cool]

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

oh, you deserve something alright, hhhmmmmmm.... now what should it be?

--------------------
Pete Payne
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Pete, if I was extremely good....Habs tickets, if I was OK good, Sens tickets and if I was a bad boy like Harper...... Leaf seasons tickets !

[Cool]

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

now rene, don't get all political on here, that's really bad, seasons tickets to parliament and make you translate dion and duceppe so the rest of us can understand them too

--------------------
Pete Payne
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I printed up a $25 dollar bill too. I took it into a small store thinking I might slip one past them. I asked for change and guess what... they took it too! Gave me back three $7's and a $4.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we too late?

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Jane

You are very late on this one....
but I do have a Americian $2.00 dollar bill
and a Brass coin call..... Suey 'B'

But then again! we call ours........ Loonies

Can you imagine!

[ December 12, 2008, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Stephen Deveau ]

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skating away on thin ice on a new day!

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHAPMAN, MIKEY, AND CAM....ALL STIMULATED...oh the horror of that picture)))))))))))))))

[ December 13, 2008, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what happened to the grab bag deal?
Did this happen?

I emailed my order on the 12th, and never heard anything back...

David, did you get the email? Is this just running into January?

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, I just saw Bruce's grab-bag post... well, I hope that means my email did get through & I'm just further away for mail deliveries... woo hoo!!

--------------------
Doug Allan

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

OK... looks like my email fell through the cracks [Confused] , but David has created a wonderful way to retroactively include me in the fun, and the mystery of his grab bag offer! [Thanks]

Check out his offer & Cast Your Vote to influence my destiny! [Applause]

--------------------
Doug Allan

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!