Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT: What's for dinner?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: What's for dinner?
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my lovely and ever gracious wife bought me one of those CharGrillers with the smoker attachment earlier this year.

One thing is for certain. That griller does a whole lot better job than that $15 el cheapo grill I had. The food taste a lot better. Anyhow, I've never made use of the smoker attachment until now.

I get to smoke a turkey breast tomorrow morning.

I had found a recipe on the Food Network site that we're gonna be trying out. Wanda surprised me buy getting all the goodies from the store on her way home from work.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does your smoker have different kinds of wood chips to use? You will find you get different flavors with different woods.

I made my hubby some Linguini with clam sauce for supper. Brownie points for me!

By the way, Glenn, I liked your article in Signcraft!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charcoal BBQ... T-Bones
Yams 'Mushroom/Peppers and Onions'.

After digging out 3 foot of snow! for almost 2 hours

Plus the Canadian way!
A cold beer as I stood over the grill... and the shovel!

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saturday night: Roast leg of Lamb studded with garlic and sprinkled with thyme. Roast Potatos, Carrot,and Pumpkin. Sometimes she roasts whole onion and galic cloves too. Yum! Served with Fresh (minted) green Peas. Gravy from the roast pan and Mint sauce!!!!!!

Sunday Night: Sue minces what is left of the lamb and makes a "Shepherd's Pie". Mince, onion, carrot,peas, layer of sliced tomatos ... covered with mash pototo and cheese crust and baked. Candy gets the leg bone ! [Wink]

[ November 22, 2008, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Jon Butterworth ]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Hungry!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Bobbie. [Smile]

Well, it only took an 1.5 hours on the grill. Afterward, I wrapped it up in aluminum foil and let it rest for an hour.

Wow! It juicy and delicious. It even has that pink smoke ring in it.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stuffed green peppers and mashed taters here tonight.
I'm not much of a griller!
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elk roast for us tonight.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meatballs and paastuh!

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Golden
Visitor
Member # 6870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Golden   Email Joe Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USDA Prinme Chuck turned into hamburgers here tonight.

A few slices of Avocado, some mayo and home made french fries.

Stuffed green peppers rock, I like to use tomato soup right out of the can all thik and such ontop of my stuffed bell peppers, goes great with grilled chicken. Burp........ ewwwww avocado.

Good eats for all!!

--------------------
Sharing the WORD one sign at a time!!
Joe Golden
Signage
721 Oak ST, Madisonville KY, 42431
270-871-0454

Posts: 270 | From: Madisonville, Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going Italian tonight - Jeno's pizza rolls.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Miner
Visitor
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Miner   Email Donald Miner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jill, be carefull, I'm about to knock on your door!

--------------------
Donald Miner
ABCO Wholesale Neon
1168 Red Hill Creek
Dobson, NC

Posts: 842 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come up anytime. I never mind feeding someone. Tonight it was boneless skinless chicken breasts with home made gravy, rice, and green beans.
Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What one gleans from neccesity sometimes is a positve...as in this case....I'm learning all sorts of alternative ways to cook, I'm locked to open fire or pit as in dutch oven style at the present time, convenient...

Tonites meal is beef/spinach pie....squeeze the juice from a handful of spinach, mix w/cotta cheese and melted butter, then blend in well drained hamburger meat/onions and place in cassorele that has been lined w/pillsbury buttermilk biscuits, set in pit oven and leave in for just under an hour, viola, great meal.....

Another good one, brush hot butter on one side of a flour tortilla, sprinkle mixture of cinammon and sugar(cinammon toast thinking), heat one side only, roll into tacquito and eat, great snack...

Super thin slices of roast beef, sauteed in olive oil and spices/herbs, twice cooked red potatos in pit, fresh sweet corn on the cob (wrapped in foil and butter, five minutes on coals), and french bread w/spiced olive oil to dip bread into, hmmmmmm, good eating....

AND, a large bottle of any wine for each meal, makes mistakes seem trivial....lol

[Cool]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made chili this weekend.
We'll have it for supper all week.
When we get the first cold-snap I'm compelled to make a big pot of chili . . . I call it 'fork-chili' because it's so thick you can eat it with a fork.
A little cornbread is good with a hot bowl of chili, or totillia chips . . . and lots monteray-jack cheese melting on top . . .

Grilling is good too . . . we like to use our 'Lil' Smokey' grill for chicken or steaks.

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!