Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » eps and corel 12

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eps and corel 12
Bill Davidson
Visitor
Member # 531

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Bill Davidson   Email Bill Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, anyone out there know the trick to opening an eps file with 12????????????????? seems i have done it once, but don't remember how I did it!!!! gettin old is not as easy as being green........ cheers, Mate!

--------------------
Bill'n'Annie Davidson
Heathcote, NSW, Aus.
my Aussie wife,
a Toohey's Old,
my Holden Ute,
Retired from the rat race!

Posts: 309 | From: Heathcote, NSW, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Cosharek
Resident

Member # 1274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Cosharek   Email Bill Cosharek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of Opening, try Importing. In previous versions you'd have to select Postscript Interpreted to find vector stuff. If 12 is like 13, you just import as EPS.
Good Luck!

--------------------
Bill Cosharek
Bill Cosharek Signs
N.Huntingdon,Pa

bcosharek@juno.com

Posts: 703 | From: N.Huntingdon, Pa, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catalin Dretcanu
Visitor
Member # 4136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catalin Dretcanu   Email Catalin Dretcanu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the .eps file was made as postscript3 version, than you will have a problem. Corel 12 did not know this standard. Or the easy way, if the .eps file was made from Adobe CS3 Suite you probably will not import the file in Corel12.

--------------------
Catalin Dretcanu
TIPART GROUP Ltd
www.tipart.ro
Address: Bucharest, ROMANIA
Phone: +40 722 621 512
E-mail: catad@yahoo.com

"Do or do not...there is no try"

Posts: 83 | From: Bucharest, ROMANIA (Europe) | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill, have you tried importing it as a straight .eps or as "PS, PRN, EPS-Postscript Interpreted"?
That works sometimes for me in Corel 12.
Love....Jill
 -

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Davidson
Visitor
Member # 531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Davidson   Email Bill Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep, tried all of the above, importing, direct opening, bubkis. I am trying to get it in ai format from the client, perhaps that will work. I just do this for the entertainment value any more, so it will not alter the course of the planet. Thanks for your input. I also understand if the eps was created by too new a version, it will not be openable by 12, if this makes sense?

--------------------
Bill'n'Annie Davidson
Heathcote, NSW, Aus.
my Aussie wife,
a Toohey's Old,
my Holden Ute,
Retired from the rat race!

Posts: 309 | From: Heathcote, NSW, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bloke...

I don' got no info on this topic but, e-mail
me and I'll send you some stuf to ponder.
Art wise.

Jack

crazyjack_66@yahoo.com

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill..I also do stuff for entertainment value here.

If you wish, e-mail me the file and I'll try opening it in CorelDraw X3, and send it back to you as a CorelDraw 12 file.

edited to add..

I guess I should download the trial of version X4 and see if it is worth upgrading to. Still love playing in the CorelDraw sandbox!!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

[ September 01, 2008, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!