Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT Florida storm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT Florida storm
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering How Pat Neve and others are doing with Tropical storm Fay...It's been stationary over the east coast for 2 days and I hear there's some serious flooding going on.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to call Pat yesterday but I only had the shop number. It's really bad in Melbourne where Pat lives (some areas). They had over 2 ft. of rain and were evacuating people.

We are sick of the rain for sure. The wind is picking up a lot. My daughter's school started today. I can't believe they didn't cancel. Idiots!!!

The winds are supposed to be around 60-65 tonight (if the thing ever moves like they are predicting!!)..

It is supposed to be moving your way Jeff.

Pat, you OK........

[ August 21, 2008, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Amy Brown ]

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where Pat is ...he should be above flood plain, from what I remember, other hassles ...wellll

full day of rain again 3 days now ...not to worry same old same old ..with the press telling ya to run for your lives
..saw a picture of a big ol cat fish in a living room swimming around ... too funny
all will be fine soon

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevman
Resident

Member # 332

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Nevman   Email Nevman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all of the calls and emails...

Shop's okay...we take in water under our overhead door when the wind blows from the east - which it did for 2 days! I came up the first day (Tuesday) and build a 'dam' to keep most of the water out of the shop but we got some in the office and the carpet is a little damp right now. Sucked up about 3 wet-vacs full of water and have the fans running to dry it out.

While I was here, the overhead door kept buldging in like a trampoline when the wind gusts hit it. I had to build a frame to reinforce it so that it wouldn't blow in. Held up fine.

For those who know...the goats are fine.

There was A LOT of water here in Brevard County! I had gone out to check on my uncle's manufactured home in Lamplighter Village yesterday (LV has been all over the news) and the water was up to the bottom of his house. I couldn't get in to the subdivision to check the damage 'cuz the National Guard had it blocked off. At times, I had to go through standing water that was up to 2 feet in some places! Other times I would have to stop and turn around because the roads were simply impassable.

The boys had their first day of school Monday and haven't been back since - schools have been closed all week. The hard part was that they couldn't go out and they got a big case of cabin fever. It was hard keeping three boys (7, 9 & 11) occupied and not have them rip each others' heads off! [Wink]

We get a little water in our house if there are sustained winds from the east. Took in probably about 5 gallons of water which damaged our pergo-type floor to about 5' from the east wall. A little swelling of the slats but no buckling. I will have to replace that area of flooring but I don't think my deductible from my insurance will justify making a claim. Our back yard looked like a small pond.

All-in-all, we are luckier than a lot of other people here. I staffed a Red Cross shelter yesterday for about 10 hours that housed about 50 people that were displaced - mostly from mobile homes. Patrick, my oldest, came too - in his scout uniform. We set up cots, prepared and served food and kept the kids in the shelter occupied.

Thanks again for all of your concern. We weathered this one okay.

--------------------
Pat Neve, Jr.
321-537-8675
Capt. Sign

http://www.twitter.com/Pat_Signman

http://www.facebook.com/PatNeve

Posts: 2283 | From: Melbourne, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for letting us know that all of you weathered TS Fay. Good to hear from you Pat.All of you will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
TS Fay is headed our direction and we are expecting up to 3" of rain here. But most of the rain will be south of us in coastal Georgia and the Valdosta,GA area.
Judy

[ August 22, 2008, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Judy Pate ]

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope it stays on land from here on out, and doesn't enter the Gulf where it could strengthen.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7404 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you're OK Pat.

It's really bad all around us now but we are fine. Had one big branch punch a hole in our shed, but we are not in a flood prone area.

The hospital near us flooded and we cannot get out because of all the road flooding.

Luckily, we have power so no cabin fever for my daughter. She's able to play computer games!!

We had almost 15" of rain.

Wayne, forecast has it hitting the gulf, then land, then gulf again.

The big problem is going to be for people who live near the St. Johns river. Since it flows north from Brevard where Pat lives to Jacksonville they are expecting it to crest real soon and cause even more flooding.

[ August 22, 2008, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Amy Brown ]

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wayne, looks like you're next and then we'll be seeing Fay by late Saturday... they are predicting about 8 - 10 in. of rain here, so guess we won't need to water the lawn for the next few days.

Like you said, hopefully it doesn't take another dip in the Gulf and strengthen again...

[ August 23, 2008, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Jon Jantz ]

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure wish it had spread more of that wet stuff up our way. I know y'all are sick of the rain in FL...but we're starving for some more here. It'd be nice if you could export it to us [Smile] .

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad Fay's finally gone. We had quite a bit of flooding here in the "River City", Jacksonville. I'm working today to make up for missing Thurs & Friday.
Pat - sorry to hear about your damage. I don't know which is worse to endure - tropical storm or 3 young boys with cabin fever. [Eek!]

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jean...

Three boys, with cabin fever...for sure !!

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Flewelling
Visitor
Member # 2577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Flewelling   Email Dale Flewelling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just flew down Friday to airbrush a bike at Volusia County Customs in Deland and caught the end of the storm.Lots of flooding and roads closed.Went over to Chris Cruz's shop and the water had gone over the sand bags.( Ican only imagine the mess inside )

--------------------
Dale Flewelling
Art Attack Signs & Design
Newport, NH

Posts: 114 | From: Newport, New Hampshire | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you guys are okay! Even though the storms are terrible there, I still miss Florida a lot! Just the smell of the plants and the warmth of the sun all year round, the beauty of the wildlife made the weather a secondary concern to me. Still, we had no hurricanes inland except for David when I lived there. Take care!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 PM HERE IN PCOLA, SUN IS SHINNING, NO RAIN, NO FLOODS, i think ill go mow the yard.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cody said to me just the other day, "Mom, why don't WE live in tornado alley?!?"

There's one boy who'd love to watch a storm such as yours. Sure beats boring ol' straight falling down rain anyday. [Smile]

Glad everyone's ok!

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one of my most favorite times is immediately before a storm when the wind is blowing and the air is laden with fresh sweet smells... the excitement and barometric pressure is very refreshing to me...of course I feel safe then as the storm hasn't hit yet.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!