Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » John Deaton's Father! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: John Deaton's Father!
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our deepest condolences, John.
It took a long time to get to the point where I was no longer crying about the loss of my parents all the time and instead I was rejoicing with the memories of all our wonderful times and all the great influences they had on my family and friends, but it eventually does happen. Just try to hang in there and try to remember how special he was to you and all his goodness. You are in our prayers.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, I am so sorry about your loss and you are in my prayers. Peace be with you. He is in a better place now. Life is too wonderous to not think there is more than we can comprehend. God Bless.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too lost my dad back in 2004. I sure do miss him...I'm praying for you and your family too, Jon.

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JD III

So sorry to read of your loss. You are on my "must meet" list, and I want to shake your hand personally.

You are in our thoughts [Smile]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been thinking about you Jon since reading this, sorry for your loss, I went through the same with my Dad 11 years ago and he was just 63.

Its a tough time.

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Larkham
Visitor
Member # 2913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Larkham   Email Robert Larkham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So very sorry for your loss John. In my thoughts.

Rob

--------------------
Rob Larkham
Sign Techniques Inc.
Chicopee, Ma

Posts: 607 | From: Chester, Ma. | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please accept my thanks for all your kind comments and prayers and thoughts for me and my family. We are having a really hard time with my fathers passing, as it came unexpectedly. I know my poppa is with God now, and that makes me feel better, but I sure do miss him. Having friends like you guys that I know are thinking good thoughts and praying for us all , makes things alot better. Thank you all so much.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Neurohr   Email Mark Neurohr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear your bad news John. My prayers are with you and your family. It's gotta be a tough time, hang in there!

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Posts: 992 | From: Kittanning, Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John,
I still have the little book your dad wrote. He was a really special person. I know it sounds trite, and I've heard you should never say this to the grieving, but in this case I think it's true and applicable to say . . .
I know just how you feel.

I noticed several 'heads mentioned already losing their fathers too. It seems a lot of us are in the age bracket for this, although losing a parent in your 40's & 50's just seems too young.

And it seems especially hard if the parent was as sweet and strong and good natured as my daddy was, and I believe as your daddy was too John.

It's been 5 years since my daddy passed. Sometimes I feel so lost when I wish he was still here to advise me, or to discuss current news events & talk politics, or to just watch a football game.
I'm still lookin', but still have'nt found an individual as interesting, or knowlegeable enough to fill the gap he left.

May the Lord comfort you as well as you can be comforted, but only a long passage of time will ease the immediate loss. The missing of his presence remains forever I think. There are no sweeter, nicer, or better words to ease any of it.

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!