Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » BUTLERIZE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BUTLERIZE
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we are getting pretty close to having this new site ready however...we have run short on patience so...here it is.
http://www.butlerize.com/
Have a look and perhaps something good will come of this...thanks.

David & Susie Butler

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is a brilliant idea. I've many times taken a design to a certain point, then said to myself. "What would David Bulter do to kick this up?" There's no software package out there that even comes close, I can't wait to try Butlerize. Do we have to purchase a dongle to make it work. [Wink]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll echo that, Duncan...
(and think I'll have to do a 'Stewey-rize' page on our website sometime soon , too [Wink] )

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne McDonald
Visitor
Member # 6842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne McDonald   Email Anne McDonald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this works out for you David. Sounds like a great idea. I love all the samples shown on the site and the explanations are clear and simple to understand. [Applause]

--------------------
Anne McDonald
17 Karnak Crescent
Russley
Christchurch 8042
New Zealand

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"

Posts: 877 | From: Christchurch | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure hope this guy gives you a call, saw him in Butler last week.
 -
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne McDonald
Visitor
Member # 6842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne McDonald   Email Anne McDonald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jill, I think Dave Butler could give Dave from Butler a much better corporate image [Wink]

--------------------
Anne McDonald
17 Karnak Crescent
Russley
Christchurch 8042
New Zealand

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"

Posts: 877 | From: Christchurch | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, what a great idea.

I can think of a few designs I have, that just "stopped" at a certain point.

Now I know where to go.

Peace,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just put this up on http://www.butlerize.com/
However I think it would be a good idea to put it here also just to help clarify what our goal is with this thing called "Butlerize". Of course we would most certainly be willing to tackle any designs that as Bob says "Stopped at a certain point" also. Here is what I want to say:

I’ll bet this has happened to you before...a customer that you have painted a sign for stops by and asks for a digital file of the design. You say something like “well all I have is this pounce pattern” and send them on their way. Down the road a piece you see your design reproduced on some other form of advertising because someone else has the ability to digitally reproduce what you can only do by hand...yep...he’s making money with your design and there’s not a dang thing you will ever do about that, and you know it!
I can not even begin to tell you the many ways that you can service your customers advertising
needs if you had in your possession the required files. You have the talent to create the design...you don’t need the computer skills to create the files required to reproduce your design...that’s what “Butlerize” is for. We will take your design and prepare for you a CD that will have nearly all of the digital files required to fulfill most of your customers needs...just imagine the opportunities that you will be affording yourself...seriously you can remain a small Ma and Pa store with a Wall Mart inventory. Don’t let that next opportunity to make money with your design go to that other company again...”Butlerize” your design and you’ll be doing more than taking care of business...you’ll be growing your business.
Note that we say “nearly” and “most”...that’s because there are just so many applications anymore that to produce all of the files for all the requirements is just preposterous.
Give us try...the cost for us to “Butlerize” your design will be money well spent and we will be here for you to answer questions and help you deliver the right file for the application at hand.

thanks for reading this...signed, David Butler

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!