Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » How about them Olympics...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How about them Olympics...
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, is that HEAVY or what?

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught probably the last 10 minutes of it before the parade of nations, with the Tai Chi dancers on the floor, the astronauts and the singers/globe and the little bit I saw was amazing, especially the fireworks display.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top notch stuff and lots of innovation - I think the Olympics are the best thing going for a world out of whack......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technical, visual and sheer size...it was head and shoulders above anything done before!

Anyone who denies that China is a powerhouse is sadly mistaken!

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich Stebbing
Visitor
Member # 368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Stebbing   Email Rich Stebbing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was fortunate enough to attend the 1984 Olympics in held in LA and cannot tell you how much of the Olympic Spirit effects you. The amount of pride is overwhelming as you see on the faces of Olympians last night. all of the "pin trading", comeraderie/fellowship is so outpouring and compassionate, everyone should experience it.
yeah, it's too bad some negative events always take place as well. When I heard that Vancouver was on the schedule for a Winter Olypics I thought,... I gotta go, especially when I passed on Salt Lake City. Maybe somebody up there could host a small Olympic Letterhead Event,...would'nt that be awesome.

--------------------
Rich Stebbing
RichSigns
Rohnert Park CA
707-795-5588

Posts: 755 | From: Rohnert Park, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What an amazing kick off to the Olympics.
I was especially taken by all the precision of the performers. The drummers, the people in the boxes, the Tai Chi masters...synchronized as one.

I can only imagine what the closing ceremonies will be like in a couple of weeks....
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that was a magnamous TIA CHI demo. it was WO or CHIN
style mostly. and to make it work so flawlesslee ,AMAZING....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne McDonald
Visitor
Member # 6842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne McDonald   Email Anne McDonald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can blow New Zealands trumpet loud. 8 rowing heats, 6 wins and 2 seconds and only one crew has to go to a repercharge. (dunno how to spell that!!) WooHoo.

With a total population here of just over 4 million that's an outstanding result!!

I love watching the olympics. Watching the cyclists, basketballers, rowers, gymnasts and synchronised divers over the weekend. You have to admire anyone competing at this level

--------------------
Anne McDonald
17 Karnak Crescent
Russley
Christchurch 8042
New Zealand

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"

Posts: 877 | From: Christchurch | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That men's relay last night was amazing! I am watching, thinking "Well, that's it for us. We are getting silver here" and then he comes from almost a full length behind the French guy and beats him by 8/100 of a second!!! That was unbelievable!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Jane... you're right, that was very exciting. Especially after the French did all that trash talking.. "The Americans? We're going to smash them. That's the reason we came.." all up in the news and papers. Then the announcers were talking about how if the French were ahead at the last split, the Americans would have no chance, since that French guy was the fast relay swimmer in the world...

Sure enough the French were ahead when the last guys went into the pool... and sure enough he got way ahead... I thought it was over. WOW... when the American (Lezak) started gaining on the French guy in the last quarter of the run, we all started screaming... and OMG!! he ended up beating him by an inch or two...

SO.. the trash-talkin' French dude, the fastest relay swimmer in the world, got his world record broken by a come-from-behind win powered by pure pride and guts...

You could tell, it was the French who were crushed... they could not and did not want to believe it. Michael Phelps and company, however, were pretty fired up!

Fun to watch...

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another amazing fact...one of the commentators said that the top 5 teams in the race broke the existing world record...You broke the world record and came in 5TH!! THAT would put it in perspective! It's amazing to watch them FLY through the water like that! (Ben & Joe were on the swim team when they were young so we all really enjoy the swim events.) Can't wait to see if Phelps gets his 8 medals!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne McDonald
Visitor
Member # 6842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne McDonald   Email Anne McDonald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of world records will get broken in the pools I think. The new suits that they are wearing make a huge difference. Incredible how those swimmers create a wake with the speed they move through the water!! I think about that when I'm paddling my way through ten lengths and it takes me half an hour!!

--------------------
Anne McDonald
17 Karnak Crescent
Russley
Christchurch 8042
New Zealand

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"

Posts: 877 | From: Christchurch | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly, I missed the opening ceremony [Frown] ...But my son got the benefit of an almost famous name his 1st day of school (His name is Michael Phillips) We have a sure reason to be proud in Michael Phelps' Olympic performances [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] !

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh the Olympics, I'm really enjoying them as well...Love the Gymnastics, Diving, especially the syncronized Diving, Boxing and just abot it all... the only type of sporting events I don't get are the ones where Physical Training doe'snt really come into play.. Off the top of my head I really can't think of to many in the summer sports, but Curling in the winter sports? Might just as well have Chess.lol

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Broughton
Visitor
Member # 2237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Broughton   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Broughton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm particularly enjoying the women's beach volley ball. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Steve Broughton
Alpha Grafix Signs
Lowfields Road
Benington, Boston
Lincolnshire, England

Posts: 315 | From: Boston, Lincolnshire, England | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got caught up watching the kayaking yesterday. If you missed it, you missed a real treat.
The kayaker from Togo (yeah, where the hell is Togo????) took the bronze, his country's first ever medal. Even the guys who he was aiming to beat were cheering him on at the top of their lungs as he attacked the course on the final run.
As he crossed the line and saw he was going to get a medal, he snapped the oar in half and held the two parts high over his head in victory. YEAH MAN!!!

That guy's gonna come home to a hero's welcome.
As well he should...he earned it.

Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too intense for me:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1044258/Pictured-The-horrific-moment-Olympic-weightlifter-turns-elbow-front.html
(warning, disturbing pictures)
I also read that the little girl who sang the national anthem was only lip-synching to the voice of another little girl.
The girl who actually sang is just getting in her two front teeth, and supposedly was not "attractive" enough.
Poor kid.
Love...Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregg Parkes
Resident

Member # 7710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gregg Parkes   Author's Homepage   Email Gregg Parkes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... feeling a little playful on this cool winter's morning... so...

Per capita, y'all just know the Aussies are going to be the best performers in the medal count.
Maybe you guys should increase either your medal tally or decrease your populations.

Aussie Aussie Aussie OY OY OY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ August 13, 2008, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Gregg Parkes ]

--------------------
Gregg
Sydney Signworks
(02) 9837 1198
Schofields NSW Australia

Posts: 368 | From: Schofields | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!