Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » A BIG Thank You

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A BIG Thank You
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 14 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to say a BIG Thank You to all the volunteers who helped me out. And a Very Special Thanks to those who had experience in understanding what I wanted to convey on the heavily textured wall I was given. Folks like the Diaz brothers and fiance, Andrew Lane, from Toronto, Canada, Ellen ? Minneapolis, and to my new friends The Tattoo Kings of Minneapolis who are beyond Awesome, Eric and Mike and their ladies Carrie and Jesse who also got their hands with paint on em and did a fabulous job. I know there was a few others but the list is being sent to me as we speak.

and last but not least...The Artist Queen of Nicollet Ave (drum roll please...) Ms Carole Bersin, Thank you very much for the invitation, it was a true honor and pleasure to be part of your project.

I know I saw another clip with Adam May and his crew on their huge wall on another channel, sorry but I don't remember which it was.

Here's a clip from TV Station KSTP

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S527077.shtml?cat=206

oh...Can't forget Liso (sp) and beautiful Sarah Scott who picked me up and dropped me off at the airport and the Grays for their place. Until the next time...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a pleasure having you here Cisco. Between the Walldogs and all the folks from Minneapolis who helped out we pulled off a great event. And thanks for the link to the news story. I hadn't seen it yet.

See you in Pontiac next June!

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
3527 24th Av S, Minneapolis, Mn 55406
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right you are, Cisco - everyone was so helpful and friendly. Everytime I saw Carole, she was calm, cool, collected and NEVER without a big smile. Thanks for inviting us to your beautiful city Carole. You hit a GRAND SLAM HOME RUN......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Carole and all the staff of this meet. It was a blast. It was great to see everybody and having Sonny and Judy Grossman working on another mural on our same building was especially great.

The staff of Minneapolis was able to make us feel at home and we enjoyed the many local volunteers. They came up with some good ideas that we will surely incorporate at next year's meet in Pontiac.

The Ungerman Construction family is in my mind the new numero uno site hosts -- narrowly edging out the great Bill Thomas of Atlanta, Illinois. It may be a draw, but because Ted Brinkman was all over the place helping (with a knee brace to boot) and his wife Joannie went above and beyond the call of duty -- they will always have a special place in my heart.

Thanks again, Carole, you did good, girl, and thanks to Bob Parsons amd the Lanes for letting me sit in on a jam playing the bongos. The folks have musical talent oozing out of them. I wish I wasn't so pooped so I could have lasted longer. I closed many a party in my day, but age and orneriness have finally taken their toll on this old bod.

Thanks also Bernie2, Velma, Don and Kathy for their help on my wall. Having a sign painter such as Bernie assures success on any project. And special thanks to the Schell Brewing Co. for their support and all the beer. Saturday the beer arrived early and just kept on coming. Goodness, they must have learned I like my beer ............. !!!!!!!!!!

And most importantly thanks to my special girl, Jane and sons Ben and Joe and Ashley for being my home away from home. I love you guys!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joseph Diaz
Resident

Member # 5913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Joseph Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dad wanted me to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1zzBsw6-oM

--------------------
Joe Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave.
Pontiac, IL 61764
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 538 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Up Here! Look up here!
The one on the roof wants to say something...
[Thanks] [Cool] [Applause]
This was my first mural at a Walldog Meet. I had attended the Lodi Meet, but bounced all over to paint on 4 different ones. And I have so many THANK YOUS, I hardly know where to start! I'll try for day by day, in order of happenings...
Thanks to Carol, Sarah and the office crew. I got my design at the last minute and had a day to design and leave for Minnesota. They worked so hard to make that beer label happen, so I would have something to paint. I thank you for jammin' on it and keeping the faith that it would happen. I was the only one that needed/wanted to use latex paint and they bent over backwards to make sure I got the best paint....and it WAS! Thanks to Carole for driving all the way to St. Paul to pick the darn stuff up, in the middle of all else that she had to do.
Thanks to the AMAZING UNGERMANN CONSTRUCTION folks. OMG! Like Bill said...those folks are the SALT OF THE EARTH!!!!! I got sick and Joanie insisted on taking me to a clinic that night....Thank you so much Joanie. Got some meds and was back on the wall the next day. I only have laringitis now. Ted and Joanie are like family and I hope that will always be!
I didn't know most of you Walldogs before I got there, and it was LOVE at first Projection. And second and third.
So Thank You to Dale Manor for his wonderful projector.."Do the Deer Dale". And to Dale, Tom, Bill, Joe, and I don't remember who else helped in the dark that nite.
Thanks to my cousins that showed up the next morning to help snap lines and make all level and plum.
And Tom Wolf, our site manager for being WONDERMAN and TOM OF ALL TRADES and getting what I needed, whatever and whenever. You are the BEST and a great painter too!
OK...so then this dapper guy walks up with a Southern Drawl that almost sounded like he was kidding and told me he was sent to help. OMG! Sonny Franks! My NEW BEST FRIEND!!!! Oops, back space...Bernie, thanks for making the pattern...poof, it was there.
Now back to Sonny, ma Maan, lackey [Wink] . Without the Sonny Blues (not a contradiction of terms) and Tom's CD player, life would've been the Sweatbox On The Roof. The cool Blues and the BeeBop kept us all going. ...My heeeero!
And thanks to Lisl, Nan, and OMG, I think it was Stacey...all the local volunteers, that painted in true Walldog Fashion....til everything was done, the first day. I never thought we would get that far the first day!
And meeting all the wonderful Walldogs from the Midwest and East and Canada! I am so lovin'the great memories that I will hold near and dear for years to come.
Now, I wish to apologize to the same people. I just didn't know what to expect when I got there, not having been on the designing end before. I didn't bring something to give you a piece of the fun to take home from JG as a momento of the highest form of sharing, caring and giving that you guys put out. You're just stuck with the humble THANK YOU. Also, I am sorry I missed breakfasts and a lunch or two. I start, and I have a hard time stopping. And I was visiting a bevvy of cousins that I hadn't seen in over 20 years. Boy! Splitting my time between family and WD's was really a tough call.
Probably what made me sick. But ya can't keep a good party woman down. I didn't party like I'm used to, but I made a valiant stab at it. Missed out on some of that Schell's, Bill.

OK...speaking of Bill. Kiss-kiss to you and Jane. I didn't get a chance to give and get hugs good-bye. [Razz]

And don't forget Dawn and Steve, I want the words to that Walldog Anthem/Ballad! Loved it!
Well, I'm sure there's more to thank, but I have gone on waaaay too long.

Sonny, I'm waiting at the door with a beer in my hand.
Cisco! Nice finally having time to talk with you. We were the California contigent, and I believe we held up our end with true California style!

Love you All and Thank You SOOOOOO much!

Judy

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Lane
Visitor
Member # 5850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Lane   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!

Great job on the thank yous! What an amazing experience!

My clothes line is sporting some great new shirts!

Many good memories, we are so very fortunate to be able to hit the wall together!

Thank you Diaz family for our first utube post! That song is one of Steve's original tunes the title is My Darlin' Dear. Bob Parson's guitar magic was flawless as always! and so many terrific percussionists all in one room, wow!

How did Carole bring all that together with such style? How do you thank someone for sharing their vision?

I hope our community volunteers continue to build enthusiasm for wallart! We heard loud and clear that the people want to paint and share their talents with each other!

Thank you to Franko and Tami for fueling our flow! To family for fun and sticking through together!

Our confidence is raised by the brotherhood of the brush once again!

Until next time (when I crew for the Butlers!) [Smile]
Dawn Lane

--------------------
Steve Lane
jackflashsigns
19894 Yonge Street
Holland Landing ON
(905) 886-9656
jackflashsigns@rogers.com

Posts: 34 | From: Holland Landing ON (serving the GTA for over 30 years) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thursday was media day at Nicollet and the question was asked" How does it feel to leave your mark in our neighborhood?" Our answer was " it isn't the mark we leave but the mark we take with us".What we took with us was absolutely awesome. Carole could not have done a better job.Not one tear! Is she real? She was everywhere, doing everything ( even painting on our wall as we were so far behind)The neighborhood leaders, Sarah and Mark, were just as busy.Now let us tell you about the food!!There was one little gal that catered that we wanted to bring home with us.We ventured out into the neighborhood in the evenings and met great people and enjoyed great businesses.The Cuban coffee was great!
The people...We were blessed with great site managers and community workers.We were privileged to work beside Bob Parsons (remarkable talent) and Andy Goretski who literally saved our butt.That is after we cabled him to our scaffolding!The Diazs and offspring( who won the prize for first finished) lended a talented hand and Bill was gracious enough to leave his sign kit for us!Jane schmoozed our crowd (not sure what she told them). Mike Meyer can be seen on our site doing what he is known for.We bought him some Cuban coffee beans but we forgot to give them to him so we grinded them this morning!Sorry.Almost got a tattoo as those guys , Eric and Mike,were great.Cisco's wall was there (he did a great job)Everyone's project was as always, great.
It was so nice to see our old friends,( and their kids,Julia,Andrew, Hannah Rose), make new friends, see our magician, Franco, and just have a good time.
Dawn, you are not backing out on us!Gearing up for the Diaz's. Mark your calendar and be there.Will be making some coffee and paint labels for Victor (ask him about that!)
Again, Carole, a job well done!! Thanks to all
David and Suze Butler

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am feeling alive enough now to actually type again, so I need to toss some thanks out there too.

Thanks first to Carole for asking me to help out on one of the projects on Nicollet. My project was on the headquarters for the whole event so there was no pressure there! We had a few challenges along the way but I had some tremendous help to get things almost done? Whoever came up with the idea for site managers should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. My two site managers, Holly and Trish, were the hardest working sweetest two people I have ever met. They kept me together when things sometimes drifted into a whirlwind. Martha my "assistant to the artist" also worked very hard and completed a panel nearly by herself. The whole staff was incredible to work with and the food and services top notch. I stayed with a nice host and was able to walk "home" each night.

Thanks to Bill D. and crew for helping me project part of my wall that first night. Thanks to the Bern Unit, DL (the parchment Princess), Judy (great stories), Carole, Bob Parsons, and all the others who stopped by to lend a brush. My friend Angie who has been infused with the Walldog sprit and helped me out a bunch!

Thanks to Mr. Butler for the five minute Ben & Jerry's time-out...it's the little things! Nice to see Cisco, Bern unit #2 and Velma, Victor, the May's, Mr. Meyer, Pinky...Hell it was nice to see everyone! What a great event.

I can't wait to see more pictures from the event. And I am looking forward to the next one!

Thanks all....take care and get some rest!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I forget, another big thanks to you Dale, you saved the night for me when you arrived with your Cadillac projector. What's the name of it again? I think if I go to another Walldog Meet I will want to take one with me, it's pretty compact.

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cisco,

It's an Apollo 4000 projector.....here is some prices but you can find them for less....glad I could help.

http://www.streetprices.com/Office/Overhead_Projectors/Apollo-4000-SP1960798.html

[ August 03, 2008, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: Dale Manor ]

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Parsons
Visitor
Member # 1034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Parsons       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thank yous are necessary for sure. I'm coming back to this post to finish up what i know i will need to say. but i'm in awe of a few things and here's the highlight film for me:

Cisco. Man this guy has a lot of flare. But he really had a difficult wall, a demanding design, no shade during the day. He kicked such serious butt, and as always, was always so much fun to be around.

Steve and Dawn Land and Fam: Giant leap for mankind. Huge project. 36'x20'. And it seemed like the energy never went out of them. At night we would play music with such energy. Awesome tribe. Godsends for sure.

The Butlers. First time really to spend time with Dave and Suzy. They are powerful people and with them you enter their vortex for sure. The class, the generosity, the preparation. Wow, they set the bar high. And absolutely fun.

Andy Gorestky: Quiet assassin. Very dangerous man on a mural. Get out of the way and watch the Binford Blendmaster 2000 go to work!

Dale Manor. Perhaps he and Cisco had the most daunting of tasks. Yes I think Dale really had the most to do. Never heard him complain. The question, "Where's Dale?" Would always be answered..."On the wall". You rocked Dale.

Guys I didn't get to see were the Adam and Mike Meyer group, and the Diaz crew. I took the scaffolding down for Meyer's gang and geez Louise that was high stuff. The Diaz crew got exacting detail out of very rough wall. I was so impressed. But they were fueled by the contents of the label they were creating. No fault of their own that the heir of the brewery kept them quite stocked!

Much more to say really, but I have to run right now. Had to get a start on this. BUT

Carole Bersin. I'm so glad I came early to help in her shop, get my project done early so I could sort of be the middle line backer for her. Cell phone minutes. Details. Materials. Logistics. People to fix. Household to run. Customers to satisfy. It was exhausting sometimes just to watch. BUT dang if she didn't do it with a very inviting flare. Actually began to relax as the painting started.

Shoot. Now i do have to run... more later if it's ok

--------------------
Bob Parsons
907-258-6283
rparsons@gci.net

Posts: 118 | From: Anchorage, AK / USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Parsons
Visitor
Member # 1034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Parsons       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back for round two...

I got to work with Dave Petri to sharpie his design at night. We had a great time. And that brings us to the support of the whole thing:

Sarah Linnes Robinson (SLR) and crew. Mark Hinds, and Sarah and the staff just made this whole thing sing. Tireless workers. Sarah and Carole just about killed me on my last day there. I could barely keep up with them -- and I would never have taken on such an agressive chore as they did.

Just so much cool work by cool people. And then... the Franko factor! It's just surreal to be around a magician/hypnotist. He's just a way cool treat to have orbitting a letterhead/walldog meet.

Ok, I'll shut up. But wait there's more....

bp

--------------------
Bob Parsons
907-258-6283
rparsons@gci.net

Posts: 118 | From: Anchorage, AK / USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big thanks to all the thank yous. Obviously I couldn't of done any of it without all of you.... My Walldog family. And you're all right about the amazing community around here. None of this would have happened without Sarah and Mark. They were amazing to work with and it was because of them that everything was so well organized.

I agree about the site managers. I don't know who came up with the idea (it may have been all of us) but it happened after we had our kick-off weekend last September where we just painted one wall and it was such an eye opener. I would recommend a kick-off event to any town wanting a Walldog meet as a way to generate interest, get the donations going and get a taste of what's to come.

And now I have to go collapse. As if I wasn't sore enough from moving all that scaffolding, I just spent the weekend at SLR's cabin in Wisconsin with a fair amount of time spent being dragged behind a boat on tubes and water skis. OK... not too much on the skis as after my first run and a bad spill I couldn't get up again but my arms and legs are feeling it.

Thank you all again... we'll see you in Pontiac!

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
3527 24th Av S, Minneapolis, Mn 55406
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David C. Petri
Visitor
Member # 6645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David C. Petri   Email David C. Petri       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just going to bring up the rear here with a little story: On around 7:00 on that Saturday morning of the meet, Nancy Bennett called me and asked if I was sleeping. "no" I replied. "I'm on my way out the door". That wasn't entirely true. I think I slid in the casket around 3:00 am, so I wasn't quite as refreshed as I would've liked. Mike Meyer was being the good lumberjack, sawing away and I was jealous, but out of respect for Mike, I'm whispering to Nancy on the phone,weak at my attempt to be coherent. She asks;"Do ya'll need me to come up thar and paint? or do ya got enough? I'll come if ya want me to". I was speechless. I didn't know what to say to the woman who got this whole movement going by accident. I'll never forget the conversation, nor will I forget the zillion experiences,stories,laughs and memories created during that brief period, with the best people in the world. Thank you, Nancy. For waking me up, again.
Carole, you pulled it off. Just like you promised you would. What a woman. Thanks for letting me stay with you and the clan at the Haight Ashbury. The daughter of my host family Angoli, who is 6 and a half, wanted to paint and help in the worst way. With her mom helping, I gave her a brush and some directions. Whether or not you made the drive to Minneapolis, Nancy, you were there. Kelly Ryan and Sarah Steed, you both rock. Victor and your lovely wife Wendy, always a pleasure. Mike Stevens, awesome truck. To all who made this event outshine all others, a standing ovation. Now, ironically enough, it's 3:00 am.
Groundhog Day...I love that movie.

--------------------
David C. Petri
Flying Peach Custom Paint
Green Bay, WI 54302
cell 920-246-7821

Posts: 79 | From: Green Bay, WI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's my busy season so I haven't had time to reflect on Nicollet properly, but it was truly a wonderful event. The local crews made it organized, energetic, and community-oriented. Our site manager, Joanie, became a special friend to all of us at the Ungerman Building, as well as Ted, who was up and down the ladder more than any of us. It was a special treat to spend time with Bill and Jane Diaz and their talented sons, Ben and Joe.

I finally got to meet Dale Manor, who was coming out of the church when we bumped into each other - although we'd never met before, we instantly recognized each other from Letterville. I was hoping to get some brush time with him, but maybe in Pontiac. I also got to meet Andy Goretski, a really nice guy, and see Dave Petri again, whose Walldog meet in Algoma was a big success.

Carole had a little informal jam at her house, where I was treated to the musical talents of Bob Parsons and Steve Lane - these guys can PLAY. Bob seemed to be everywhere during the meet, giving Carole a "right hand man" to help out wherever needed. Steve's family was also a treat - I don't think there's ever a dull moment at their place.
I got bumped all day Sunday at the airport, so ended up renting another car and drove back to Carole's for a repeat performance, this time with Franko the magician sitting in - what a hoot this guy is.

Other folks I wish I'd had more time with (but at least got a hug from) were Dave and Susie Butler and Mike and Ayleen Meyer - they almost seem synonymous with a Walldog Meet. Although I never hit a lick on his wall, I was able to hang out a lot with everybody's pal, Cisco. What a great guy, always upbeat and ready to roll.

There aren't words to describe our hostess, Carole. She's the kind of person you admire, not only for her obvious talent and organizational skills, but she has a radiant personality that just warms you from within. You did a fantastic job and we thank you for pulling off a great event.

I have a theory about Letterhead/Walldog meets: every one I've ever attended, I meet someone who I've never seen or heard of and they become a very tight friend. When I registered for the meet, they sent me to work with Judy Grossman on the upper level of the Ungerman Building. Along with our trusty and talented local cohort, Tom Wolfe, we enjoyed lots of funky blues tunes (many supplied by music guru Bill Diaz) while we painted Judy's beautiful rendition of a vintage beer label. I was later deemed "Super Flunkie", a title I will carry proudly to Pontiac next year. Although she was a stern taskmaster, Judy did allow regular beer breaks and therefore was bestowed the honor of being my "New Best Friend" - whether she likes it or not. I'm glad she didn't show me her portfolio until Sunday - I probably would have just drooled all weekend. Check her stuff out at: http://judyart.com/

I know I'm forgetting a lot of people I wanted to mention, but it's getting late and I'm going to jail in the morning.......

to paint numbers on cell doors.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A BIG THANKS to you mi amigo Cisco, for begining
a great post. I agonize to a point that I could not
have enjoyed all the good times and people to be
around during a great mural blast. Maybe if the
planets line up nicely...I can do the next jump
in Illinois,and meet up with all the monkeys and
play hookey from my own grind. After all I am a
native of that state.
I am real hopeful that prices for travel are down
around spring time and saving up for the gig can
be possible.
Judy Grossman, What luck it was for all who just
met her as this girl(who has been my secret girl
friend since 89')she is a monster talent. I'm
afraid of someone that good and she's a blast to
be around.
Of course Mikey,Dawg,the Diaz,group,and many of
the sidekicks that grunted through many tasks
have to be congradulated for thier help and Sonny,
from down yonder.
That cute chick who put the plans to work and
made the gig fly...my hat is off to her.
I have been a part to helping with a lot of
events and done a shtick or two during those
deals. Many years have been spent doing the
convention trail at many ISA and Sign Business,
shows. I'm drained.
I really want to do the Pontiac,deal and putting
on high priority. I may still make a move back
to Illinois, around 2010 and sniff some of that
black dirt where the big night crawlers live.
I miss fishin' and watching those largemouth
do some dancin'.
Hope to see some a'yooz next year....

CrazyJack

[ August 07, 2008, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: jack wills ]

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie Lohmeyer
Visitor
Member # 2076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie Lohmeyer   Email Bernie Lohmeyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is Velma...spouse to Bernie2...we just wanted to add our appreciation for the wonderful time we had at the meet. It was very well organized. We had great food, beer, music, entertainment and camaraderie. I am so thankful that we found you walldogs...it means a lot to both of us to be able to participate in the meets. Carole, you did good! Thanks for your hospitality. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in Pontiac.

--------------------
Bernie Lohmeyer
Bernman Graphics
Osage City, KS

Posts: 268 | From: Osage City,Kansas U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK...I gotta say thanx to Sonny for the kudos and not spillin' the beans about the chains that I used to keep you up on that hot roof. And Jack...it's been too long, my friend. What sweet thangs you say about lil ol' me. Don't look now, but I actually found someone to marry me a couple years ago. So you must come to Pontiac for big hugs and hopefully meet the poor sucker that snagged me!!!

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Lane
Visitor
Member # 5850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Lane   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to add my own BIG THANKS to Maris and Barb, who came in just at the right moment to lend experienced hands to our project......they weren't there long, but what a difference they made!!!!
Cheers!!

--------------------
Steve Lane
jackflashsigns
19894 Yonge Street
Holland Landing ON
(905) 886-9656
jackflashsigns@rogers.com

Posts: 34 | From: Holland Landing ON (serving the GTA for over 30 years) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!