Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Crossroads

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crossroads
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just never know quite what life is going to deal you. My business took a major hit today with the new sign package release from a major client that has just contracted all their signs to one company. In the past each of their retail stores were allowed to purchase their signs from whomever they wanted as long as they followed a sytem standard. I was marked as one of the preffered outlets. Being as how the new standard is a digitally printed Dibond I would not have been competitive in any case. Such is life.
Because the system and direct spinoffs from it was about 50% of my gross sales, I'm finding myself in a position where there are some big decisions to be made. Add that to our decision to separate from the family farm and bring our son on board as well as some other major unknowns in my life right now has left me with the feeling of having had the carpet pulled out from under my feet.

Sometimes what seems bad may not really be.

There are a lot of big choices on my plate. For years I have talked of focusing more on glass and the Saskatchewan market is there for someone who can provide sandblasting and etching on glass. We are in the planning stages of building a new shop on our farm and now would be the time to incorporate the glass handling facilities into the building.

My heart tells me to focus more on my art. My pocketbook disagrees. [Smile]

Or maybe I should just take early retirement and go and play with my grandkids. What do you think Dan? [Big Grin]

Well I'm off to try and decal up a trailer in the wind...that may help the decision along greatly. [Rolling On The Floor]

[ June 18, 2008, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Kelly Thorson ]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly....I wish you the best of luck in whichever way that you decide to go!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is a continuous series of crossroads it seems. Every time we get a little comfortable we come to a set of unexpected curves and then a fork in the road. Its about the big ups and downs too. I live in mountainous territory.

We can let these things overwelm us or simply embrace them to the fullest and enjoy the ride. Life is best lived without a map... and in my case without a compass either. [Smile] It makes for an exciting journey to say the least.

While I'd sometimes like to think things should be as smooth as straight as a freeway, the reality is I find a bumpy, curvy and steep road much more exciting. With that excitement comes the severe ups and downs, breakdowns, big potholes in the road. As I get older I'm in much less of a hurry to get where I'm going too. Its about the journey.

In my case its more like off roading than a road of any type...

I want to act like I'm retired when it comes to playing with my grandchild, Phoebe... but also take on the exciting work when it comes... I want the best of all worlds.

Bumping along in Yarrow...

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8771 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a deep breath..........

...........then follow your heart!

I'm sure you'll be fine

[Cool]

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Rene...

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelley,
Everything happens for a reason. Hang in there and follow the good advise to follow your heart. If the market is there for the glasswork, focus on that - it's what you want. Who knows, maybe the digital dibond won't pan out and they will come back to you for your signs. If your son wants to work with you his first assignment will be to find new work [Wink]

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1295 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you set up for sandblasting, you're not just limited to glass or art pieces. And with the internet, you can market to the world.

I just lost a huge account that I've done every sign for 26 years (I used to tell the manager they put my daughter thru college)
The new manager has another company he's been doing business with and I'm shut out of my ex-gravy train. Surprisingly, though, I'm as busy as I've always been. With your enthusiasm and finesse, you'll do fine......

[ June 18, 2008, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Sonny Franks ]

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4117 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It happens, Kelly. It really hurts a smaller operation when the main account disappears. We had the same thing happen to us years ago, too. One of our old friends told us, "See, I told you not to put all your eggs in one basket". It was tough; at least 50% of our work.

But it made us stronger, more aggressive and we came out better off, after awhile. Many times,when we have an account like this, like Sonny's, we can become complacent; stop selling and promoting, and just get lazy. God has a purpose for everything in our lives. Where he closes one door, he opens a window. You have many talents, and maybe you need to focus on more of them.

Take advantage of the opportunity; use your son to help with decisions; play with the grandkids, and just let fun be a part of getting your new act together. Blessings to you and your family.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, maybe that account was a crutch that took up the time you needed to explore other facets of business, art and life, and now you can get crackin' on the important stuff! [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch, that hurts! I think you mentioned something about them changing their image but I didn't realize you would lose all their business. I guess the best advice is what the others already said, focus on what you love to do and find a way to make it profitable. Hopefully it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

[Group Hug]

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1966 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the blow, and the feeling of emptiness, Kelly- but it's the rough bits that help one out in the long run, even though the view looks fuzzy while you're going over them- all the best with the new path!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7017 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second what Mike said.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, I agree with all the points the others have said.
I used to rely on the fishing industry ....then they closed most of the fishing.
I supplied many race cars, sponsors and did many signs for our local race track...they closed that down.
I used to do a lot of sandwich boards/roadside billboards...the city made new bylaws outlawing those signs.
I did a lot of signs for the logging industry....now that is drying up here with many mill closures in our area. I could go on, but my point is....something else always comes along.

I havelearned that things shift...they change.
I have learned not to panic if the phone does not ring all the time, but to enjoy that time to do some fun projects (or just tidy the paperwork that needs doing). I have recently completed two funky bird houses with the help of my grandaughters. A few sign jobs trickle in....for fun I project an image on an old pump house in the yard.
A few more sign jobs trickle in...today the grandaughters were helping me to paint a mural on that old pump house...a few more jobs have trickled in.

I guess what I am saying here, is that with the loss of your large account, things will change, but now you can have your cake and eat it too.
You can plan for your new shop to include making signs, plus add a glass station (because you are good at it) and in your slower times simply enjoy your grandkids.

Sometimes, less is more. You still make signs, it pays the bills and allows you to play. In some of the extra spare time you can market your glass talents.
I feel if you 'retire' from signs you will become bored. You are one who needs to act retired with your grandkids , but still needs that creative challenge (as Dan mentioned above)

Keep filling the sign orders that do come in while doing the other things. (No one has to know about that portion of your business changing...your customers need not know) The profit will be slightly less, but you will also have more time to pick up other jobs, plus enjoy life....it sounds like this loss could be a very good thing for you. I say, DON'T GIVE UP.... all will be fine....Follow your heart, your passions, PROFITS AND HAPPINESS WILL INCREASE.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1325 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From experience, I can second just about all of the above.

Small shops often end up with many of the eggs in the same basket. It’s nice when it’s working but can be scary when the situation changes. Sixteen years ago, 80% of my work came from one major real estate developer. I rode that horse a long ways, however, they realized how much I relied on them and when their market changed, they started dictating the pricing and terms to me and I had to part ways with them. They owe me twenty grand, which I’ll never see. The change was tough but it all worked out and allowed me to focus on other types of work that I wanted to do but didn’t have time for.

A nice thing about being small is that it’s easier to “hunker down” to weather the storms and doesn’t take as much work to get busy again. Large companies with huge obligations and high overhead aren’t nearly as nimble and can be destroyed when their market goes in the dumpster.

With the farm shop, you’ve got a nice working environment. If you can swing it, I’d do as the others suggested and go ahead with your shop renovation plans, including the glass shop–you have a real talent for that.

In a recent post, you said Saskatchewan is in an unprecedented boom. If that’s the case, try not to sweat this too much, there should be plenty out there that matches your abilities and passion.

And hug and play with the grandkids lots and lots–they're worth more than the whole business put together.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5114 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kelly! Honestley I can't say anything thats not already been said. But I truely hope the best for you, and as we say in Newfoundland, "May long your big jib draw" or smooth sailing.

Good Luck, I'm sure things will work out for you Kelly, you are a good person and good things happen to good people.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shane Durnford
Resident

Member # 8125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shane Durnford   Author's Homepage   Email Shane Durnford       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does knock the air out of your sails when you get a sudden turn of events - disappointing to say the least. Downturns force me to diversify, acquire new skills and re-assess the market place.
It's like a branch on a tree that stretches and grows - not a new beginning just a continuation in a different direction. I'm of a mindset if it's a struggle to stay in one spot your not being true to your destiny. I would follow your instincts and follow your passion. Now that you don't have those pesky orders you'll have time to pursue what your really meant to do. We're pretty much going through the same type of changes here in Creemore.
All the best and full steam ahead.

--------------------
Shane Durnford
Shane Durnford Design
142 Mill Street, Creemore, ON, L0M 1G0

Posts: 302 | From: Creemore, ON | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, I haven't seen your enhanced photography for some time now. I was in awe when you first posted your work. Now THAT was a very creative direction! Don't forget to hone that one too.

When my one main account slows down, I always wonder what it would be like to no longer rely on them. For now I utilize the lulls to work on other overdue projects. For the future, it kind of scares me for nothing is forever. That's why my head is turning towards (gasp!) digital for the future. That's a BIG new step for little 'ol "old fashioned PNC 1000A Roland plotter" me!

Lately I've REQUIRED the lulls to help with the house project. I'm never on top of it and if I attempt to stay on top of it, funds run low so back to work I go.

I believe in what Mike said....

Well, maybe that account was a crutch that took up the time you needed to explore other facets of business, art and life, and now you can get crackin' on the important stuff!

... so true! You WILL fill the void eventually with something else that could be even more profitable and interesting.

I had a yellow page call last night and they inquired about signs, and asked if I do vehicle lettering. For the first time in a long time, I really heard myself when I said, "That's what I specialize in." I haven't done work on a signboard for what seems like an eternity now. You too will find that niche and make it work for you again.

As you are busy filling up that vacant spot, I'll be dreaming to be in that lull of a place so I have time to figure out what my next gig is. [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I ever do get out of the sign business, this is what I am going to miss the most. What a wonderful community!

Did I sound like I was panicking? I think what Mike said sums my feeling up pretty closely. For the past year or two I've felt a restlessness that a few of you who posted on here are already aware of. The heart and soul of me is an artist and this business has grown bigger and faster than I maybe wanted. It's become all encompassing and I've struggled with decisions like to hire or not to hire. I'd like to go home in the evenings and relax, not worry about how I am going to meet the next deadline. I'd like to be able to drive down the highway and see the beauty, not the opportunity. I'd like to be able to pull out my easel and paints and let loose without thinking about what to charge. Shane(and some others)and I had a good talk about this at his workshop.

I'm not sure what decision I'll make, I've still got lots of work lined up to keep me going well into winter. I've been busier than ever this year and I have the ability to bring in help when I need it. Jim has covered and supported me for years while I was building Kel-T-Grafix, I owe him the same support as he builds Thunder Haak Ag. It's not that we are in financial difficulties, but farming has so many variables, weather, disease, insects, the economy - any of those could bring disaster. Having some back up is comforting.

I just know that the news about the client was accompanied with a sudden feeling of freedom, and that tells me that I've felt trapped. I'm ready for change, but I won't be making any hasty choices, there is just a whole lot to think about. Three years ago I registered Lost Mountain Glass Works, but I haven't had the time to do anything with it. I'm confident that with a little effort I can fill the void that will be left by the loss of the "big" client, I'm just wondering which direction I should go, and how to balance the financial with the emotional. Then again, who knows, change is constant and some other factors may paint an entirely different picture tomorrow. Whatever it becomes, I realize how lucky I am to have these options.

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kelly,

I haven't been doing responses or many posts
for a while but now I have to speak.
First...I love you for who you are. Many of us
have seen a few capital changes concerning the
career choices and emotional decisions.
From my own vantage point I (only) see a door
that is opening to a fresh universe.
I do not chase the puck at all.I let it be brought
to me by the other team because they want me to
have it and that creates the scoring chance.
Sometimes controling efforts take a portion of
our lives and nature gets left behind.
My foot is so full of holes I can barely walk.
I put the gun away.
So...girl, go for it, get lucky, be happy.

ox

Jack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You go, Girl! You are one brilliant Kid- enjoy!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jake snow
Resident

Member # 5889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jake snow   Author's Homepage   Email jake snow       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You wanna put that in english Jack? [Smile]

Life is to short Kelly, do what YOU want to do. Everything else will fall into place.

--------------------
Snow's Sign Works
865-908-0076
snowman@planetc.com
www.snowsigns.com

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Posts: 1640 | From: Sevierville, TN | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were some very good thoughts generated here. I know you'll find your way. Hey how about another Moose Jaw Walldog Meet to fill in your time... [Bash]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4376 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Ok this is too funny - I put the decals on the wrong side of the trailer..... [Roll Eyes]
The good thing is the customer said it was his fault and wants the other side done too, as well as a bunch more decals on both sides - did I say good???? - a corrugated trailer that has been repainted - nooo repositioning, with metal roofing screws and cup hooks with rope lights. Shuuuudder! [Smile]

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Oh BTW Dunc - the trailer was in MJ [Smile]

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who has the talent such as yourself should never think twice about doors closing because there will ALWAYS be new ones opening. It's just a matter of not panicing between when you hear the slam, and when you hear the sound of the knob turning. Easier said than done I know. Hang in there girl, you'll be just fine. [Smile]

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Biggs
Resident

Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Biggs   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Biggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, oh Kelly,
The only thing that is guaranteed in the sign business is change, God blesses us everyday.
I have seen my business go from hand lettering boats, and doing gold leaf signs for banks, to
screen printing mall posters and real estate signs
to digital graphics and vinyl wraps and everything in between, I retired about two weeks one time,
that is not the answer. Hang in there Gal it will
all work out.
Bill

--------------------
Bill & Barbara Biggs
Art's Sign Service, Inc.
Clute, Texas, USA
Home of The Great Texas Mosquito Festival
Proud 10 year Supporter of the Letterheads Website
www.artssigns.com
"MrBill-" on the chat page
MailTo:biggsbb@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1020 | From: Lake Jackson,Tx | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly

I closed the 'Sign Door' about 6 years ago.
I now just do designs and photograph's.

And I am haven fun with the new venture.

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also got caught with all my eggs in one basket about 15 years ago. Never again will I get caught like that. Diversification is a beautiful security blanket. There is so much wisdom in so many of the posts here; I can't add anything else.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!