Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT: A blog worth reading

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: A blog worth reading
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out this one. As a parent, you will be spellbound. I read the entire thing the other night and am now hooked.

I love how he throws in current pictures within his daily entries. He has an outstanding eye.

I simply admire how he's coping. What an amazing dad. You just never know what life will throw your way.

http://www.mattlogelin.com/if-you-havent-been-here-before/

Donna

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Stanley
Visitor
Member # 6786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Stanley   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Stanley       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't read that. Page 1 and I'm in tears already. The hardest day of my life was when I got the call that my first wife had passed. I was on a job and I fell right to my knees. I was waiting for the right moment to sit my 14 year old daughter, and 8 year old son down to tell them their mom was not coming home from the hospital, and they needed to say good by.
She passed before I made the time, and all I could say is it's a crappy deal but we need to live with it and make her proud. My daughter knew, but my son had no idea that she was dieing.
My daughter was class president. Two weeks ago my son pulled a legless comrad out of a burning hum v in Tacreat Iraq. Their mom would be proud.

[ June 03, 2008, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Dana Stanley ]

--------------------
Dana Stanley
Mass.
(508) 234-8193
http://stanleyphotographer.com

Posts: 805 | From: Whitinsville,Mass USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Understandable for you Dana. I'm sorry to bring that on to you to have to yet again endure. Someone else also said the same thing to me, they just couldn't read it.

But if you can break through the first entry, the dad is amazing. He rarely goes into his sorrow. His daughter is keeping him occupied to the hilt for him to fall too low. For now anyway.

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez Donna, That was brutal but yes, also uplifting.

My daughter Samantha was a premmie too and looked EXACTLY like that baby. Weird...

Seems like that guy is doing an amazing job. I can't imagine. My greatest fear has always been something happening to me and leaving them. Would they survive? Of course but not without the pain.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Holohan
Visitor
Member # 2514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Holohan   Email William Holohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna,
Thanks for that one...I think...
Tore my a** up reading that... and scrolling through the pages that followed.
Very hard to explain to the dental assistant here at my new job why I'm sitting at the puter with tears running down my cheeks. Silly old fart.
How I feel for that whole family. What a tragedy...

--------------------
William "Irish" Holohan
Resting...Read "Between Jobs."
Marlboro, MA 01752
email: firemap1@aol.com

Posts: 1110 | From: Marlboro, MA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May peace be with you Dana, and your children and may the memories of the dear mother of your children be sweet and serene, as that is what she would have wanted. She would have been so proud of your son and daughter too, I know.

When I read it, it hit me hard, as I don't let so much in sometimes, but this I did. At least a little bit just to connect with them.
Thanks Donna for a little bit of reality and to get my lame brain off my problems, which are very little, and puts things into perspective in my life, how fortunate I am.
Bless that family.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, Donna! I musta been engrossed in that blog for 2 hrs... That's some very bittersweet stuff...most of which will be very much a treasure to Madeline as she ages. What a blessing she has for a dad...and her mom musta been very special too... Thanks 4 sharing.

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you ever think an internet blog could pull your heartstrings and come right into your home and heart like that? Wow.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!