Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » *Dixie Letterhead Meet Survey* (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: *Dixie Letterhead Meet Survey*
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there. It's been too long since I've been to a meet, and the last one, I had a family emergency.

Hold the possum........save that for Mike

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
after we eat him, he'll make a good hat Dale.

When I read these Dixie posts I can't help but hear banjo music palying....why is that?

y'all

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee McKee
Visitor
Member # 3533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee McKee   Email Lee McKee       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as you try to get "deliverance" out of your mind, Banjos are great instuments. I hear GuitFiddles and Mandolins too.

"Squeeel like a pig!"

--------------------
Lee McKee
McKee Studios
Birmingham, Al
Planet Earth (sometimes)

Posts: 277 | From: Birmingham, Al | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this meet does materialize, I will talk to my band and see if they would like to play the event.
All we got to do is feed them.LOL
I believe Tannehill has an outdoor stage?

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lee...
Count me in too! And if you can get John Smith to come and to bring his grill, I'd be more than happy to help prep and cook. Tannehill will be georgeous that time of year. If anyone does fly into the Atlanta airport, I'd be happy to give them a lift to B'ham too.

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee McKee
Visitor
Member # 3533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee McKee   Email Lee McKee       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks For the great response everyone! It looks like we can do this for sure this year. I've spoken to the park and have gotten all needed info to them.
I will be getting with the Planning Commitee of this Southern Muster Next Week and we will put the details out there for everyone to see ASAP. I suspect y'all will see something The first week in June. If you guys have any ideas or words of wisdom for us, shoot me and IM or an E-mail. I'll need all the help I can get.

--------------------
Lee McKee
McKee Studios
Birmingham, Al
Planet Earth (sometimes)

Posts: 277 | From: Birmingham, Al | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To add to Mike's suggestion about how to actually DO something at a meet.

I have attended quite a few meets in the past. I always felt intimidated because I was a "vinyl jockey".

For the Maritime Round-up in Moncton, I was determined to actually "do something" so I started a gold leaf project at home and took it to the meet and finished it there.

It felt good to be doing "something", just like everyone else, and it felt good to be doing something other than the vinyl work that was my day to day bread and butter work.

For those who are vinyl guys, don't be afraid of taking your laptop either. There are always other folks who want to share program tips and techniques. AND, believe it or not, there are always some traditionalists who are also interested in learning a few tricks on the computer.

It is all about sharing ideas, techniques and ideas... no matter how they are accomplished.

AND the fellowship is unequalled!!!!

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bravo Senor Grundy!

The real key is to PLAN AHEAD!

Let me give you an idea of what the host has to do, and what he is limited to do...

HOST: Job 1 Provide an adequate Venue that is well marked, have space for easels, a paint table, working tables for carving etc. a portfolio table. Promote Promote, PROMOTE IT!
Line-up food. Line up information on housing (Hotels-Local boarding-camp areas-shower access etc.) Proper portable toilets or existing toilets WELL MARKED.

Have a Registration area that is clearly marked, and free of outside interuptions.
Vendor area if so needed. Assemble a "goodie bag"
of information and freebees from Vendors and chamber committees, they can even provide the bags)

This is the MOST IMPORTANT THING LEE....

Listen up....

DELEGATE JOBS to Friends and volunteers....or risk, heart attack, stroke, insane-ness, divorce, business goes belly up. I am not kidding folks.

Seen it happen.

ANyway, here is the duties of YOU the ATTENDING LETTERHEAD.....

Give the host PLENTY OF SPACE and DO NOT BOTHER HIM/HER with QUESTIONS..They have enuf on their plate! Register, and take a look around and find everything you need to function..(RESTROOMS-EASELS-CHAIRS-PAINT AREA-(this will be CLEARLY MARKED by the HOST and his staff!!!)

I cannot stress it enuf to make the meet go smooth for the host...PUT YOURSELF IN HIS SHOES!

Consider going to a meet as if you are going out on a job...Except there will be paint provided. Bring the kit you use and the essential things needed..nothing bothers a host more than to walk around trying to find YOU some masking tape or a stabilo! BRING YUR OWN!

This is a real important thing as well...

You are going to be as giddy as a school girl and intimidated. You will not realize the stress being put on yourself until maybe later that night...Keep your stories short, don't cut other people off, be courteous. The friends you are about to meet will be lifelong, relax, enjoy it!
Think about what makes you comfortable in your own shop, and get in that "Zone." If not, get up and walk around and watch and introduce yourself to others...keep it fresh! Your face may hurt from laughing, you may not be able to sleep because you have just been shown a whole new world of what YOU can now take back to your shop and mix it into your everyday work load..and make it more fun, it will look better than ever, and you now have a network of friends that are all on the same page.

Leave your EGOS and NEGATIVE ATTITUDES at the door. PERIOD. You know what i mean, we are all adults here. (politics-religon-guns etc.No place for this stuff here)

Remember, someday, YOU may host a meet, so watch and learn...pay attention to everything.
If you see something going wrong, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, and HELP the HOST!
Pick up garbage or spilled paint, all these little things make everyone more at ease.

Bring business cards to pass out and exchange, bring your lap top if ya like, why not? Bring your musical instrument to play at appropiate times!

Bring a great open minded attitude and watch it change you life....I can speak from experience here folks, and I want YOU to see what I see, and feel. It's a beautiful thang!

I will gladly to a pictorial workshop, and I can get others started as well...we have a good start here, let's help Lee and get the ball rolling!

I will contact the suppliers I know and see what we can get to play with.....Sounds like Lee may have the makings of one heck of a quality meet here! Rally round the confederate flag and let's get r done!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee McKee
Visitor
Member # 3533

I'm not going to say that this little shindig is not going to a Ton O'work cuz I know it will be. Hell, it already has been a bit of work just in the Pre-Planning stage. But, I know that you guys are all well meaning adults and in a very real way this will be a vacation for most.

I'm saying this because I gave up planning our British car show last year. If you have never attempted to arrange 200+ Big headed Egos into nice neat parking spaces, well you just have not seen how truely things can go FUBAR. A lot of these car nuts are Very petty, and every one wants thier "baby" to get first prize. Half of these buggers don't even LIKE british cars. They just know they can't win trophies at the big American car shows without some SERIOUS cash invested. Not really about friendship between people with a common mind. More like High school all over again.

I think that this will be a bit different. At the very least we LIKE each other and we LOVE what we do. Many of us have never even met each other and we still share some pretty important trade secrets and experineces. Stuff that would never be done in the "car world" Lets look at this as a chance to spend some quality time with some really good friends. A Reunion for some a Blind Date for others. Either way we will have plenty of Great FOOD + Great MUSIC + Great SIGNS = Great FUNNN!

Special Thanks to Mike Meyer, Mark Fair, and RT Thomas for helping out with the planning here and I will be asking others to help as well... so get ready!

--------------------
Lee McKee
McKee Studios
Birmingham, Al
Planet Earth (sometimes)

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee, I'm available for whatever you need - looks like we got us a DIXIE MEET, Y'ALL........

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

this is something you'll need while in 'bama

-

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

I made it to a Stock Car Museum in North Carolina!
This was in 2006....there are many fun and interesting things along the way to ANY Letterhead Meet!
 -

Keep it alive Lee McKee!!!!!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is one of the panels from "December in Dixie" 1999.
This beautiful sign was hand painted by Mr. Terry Teague from Reed Springs, MO

-

I love dem RC Colas and Moonpies!!!! LOL

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

here is another card from the first Dixie Meet.
This showcard is by the one and only Bob Harper.

-

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Here is one I did for Mike's Winter Muster.

-

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Larry Ware
Visitor
Member # 7352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Ware   Email Larry Ware       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if there is gonna be possum meat, Sonny's peanuts and Monk all the way from Canada, you may as well count me in too...

--------------------
Larry Ware
Warehouse 360 Studios LLC
Washington DC - Savannah, GA

Posts: 53 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal Cabrera
Visitor
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sal Cabrera   Author's Homepage   Email Sal Cabrera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could not resist Mark, this is one i did for Donald thompson 05 I guess.
 -
Any way , we may be able to come and join it.

[ May 25, 2008, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Barb. Shortreed ]

--------------------
Sal Cabrera
Signs By Sal
New Freedom , PA

The goal of Yesterday will be the Stating Point of Tomorrow!

Posts: 686 | From: New Freedom , PA US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Lovelady
Resident

Member # 2540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Lovelady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have pop up camper will travel.

i am in and can't wait...i missed the last one and i am in need of a meet!!!! looking for the final details on times and camp site available

Lovelady

--------------------
"We have been making house calls since 1992"

Chris Lovelady
Vital Signs

NOW WITH 2 LOCATIONS!
Tallahassee, Florida
Thomasville, Ga.

www.vitalsignsllc.com
1-850-893-0674

Posts: 707 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee McKee
Visitor
Member # 3533

Dixie Meet Update...

I'll be finalizing which weekend in November it will be with the Park Director on Tuesday of next week. Also, I have been talking to people for possible sponsorship over the past few days and have gotten great results there.

*Just a note to our Letterville Merchants - If you would like to send a door prize or "Goodie Bag" Stuff, IM me or shoot me an E-mail*

I have secured Chattanooga Bakery as a Sponsor so, There should be plenty of Moon Pies. We have at least one BBQ place willing and able as well as, Plenty of music for everybody.
It will be a great time Y'all, November will be here before we know it.

-
Oh Yeah... Eat Mo' Pie!
Have a great Holiday Monday LetterHeads,
-L-

[ May 24, 2008, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Lee McKee ]

--------------------
Lee McKee
McKee Studios
Birmingham, Al
Planet Earth (sometimes)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!