Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Have you checked your DSL speeds recently?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have you checked your DSL speeds recently?
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I paid ATT for the DSL Pro package $39.95. I am supposed to be getting download speed from 1.5 - 3.0 mps. Can't remember the uploads speed. I while back I realized that my internet was getting pretty slow. I checked to make sure that no one in the area had hacked into my firewall on my router and that was fine. So I started checking my speeds at:

http://www.dslreports.com/stest

I was within my 1.5-3.0 for download. Last week I checked and I was 1.5 -1.6. Hummm. I am not happy but its still within what I am paying for. This week I checked and I am down to 300-400 kbs download and 400 kbs upload.

I call ATT tech and after about an hour on the line they figure that its a line swaying in the breeze. I tell her that its all underground here. Hummm. They say that they will send someone out to fix it. I tell her that I am not going to pay for service that I am not getting. Grrr.

I check this morning and I am at least up to 1.0-1.4. I guess that I have to call again.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called charter with my monly report of days that my internet is out. Every time I call same old thing. "can we send a technician" " what versions of windows are you running", "it sounds as though you have a computer problem"

I ask them to remove part of my bill and they do. and we all know our internet connections are going to be down so quit with the "always on" advertisements

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cody Reich
Resident

Member # 8052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cody Reich   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Reich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool link. I have cable and scored 8811 Kb download / and 1210 Kb upload? Doesn't seem very fast.

--------------------
Cody Reich
Columbia Signs

Posts: 300 | From: Vancouver, WA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.speedtest.net/

I like this one ... lets you test against servers almost anywhere in the world.

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Giampia
Resident

Member # 2007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Giampia   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Giampia       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just tried Mike's link on my cable and scored:

14469 Down
4559 Up
Is that Good?

My cable is very reliable, (Knock Wood) It hasn't ben down for more than a few minutes in over 2 years!

--------------------
Tom & Sharon Giampia
Creative Image Design
Port Chester, NY

Posts: 285 | From: Port Chester | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!