Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Rush in concert,....what an evening!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rush in concert,....what an evening!
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What an awesome experience.

More than just a concert,... it was a show.

Just "had" to sneak-in the camera.

I resampled this image to a smaller file size to post, so I hope it still looks good. The original print came out wonderful.

-

Life is good.

Peace,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, Bob.

My first concert was Rush in Providence, RI back in 79. Neil Peart absolutely blew me away and still does to this day.

TAKE ME WITH YOU NEXT TIME!!!!!
[Wink]
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad Farha
Visitor
Member # 931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad Farha   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Farha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I first saw them in '77 or '78, so I've been a fan for a long time. However, Snakes & Arrows just doesn't cut it for me. There's a few good songs, but not nearly enough to make it a great record. IMO, they simply haven't matured that much musically or lyrically in the last 25 years.

--------------------
Brad Farha, owner
Farha Signs
Beckley, WV
304-252-3778

Posts: 981 | From: Beckley, WV | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Aston
Visitor
Member # 1725

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Jon Aston   Email Jon Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too hard to get decent Rush tickets in Toronto...and for the money they're charging, they better be damned decent.

quote:
Originally posted by Brad Farha:
IMO, they simply haven't matured that much musically or lyrically in the last 25 years.

Uh, whatever. I will agree with you re. Snakes and Arrows, though. Too bad. The first little sample I heard sounded almost reminiscent of Hemispheres. I think the last really strong Rush album (do people still call them that?) was Counterparts. Test for echo wasn't bad. Vapour Trails did nothing for me.

--------------------
Jon Aston
MARKETING PARTNERS
"Strategy, Marketing and Business Development"
Tel 705-719-9209

Posts: 1724 | From: Barrie, ON, CANADA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, Bob, that pic brings in a "rush" in me. Great colors, and I can hear them now in my mind!
Thanks for the sneak preview!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Mann
Visitor
Member # 7161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Mann   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rush is coming to Sacramtento next month I was thinking of going, the last concert I went to (My Chemical Romance) one of their body guards confiscated our memory card. After the show I attempted to get backstage and get it back from them...

--------------------
Kevin Mann
SignMann
Sacramento, Ca

Posts: 80 | From: sacramento california | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Antonelli
Resident

Member # 86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Antonelli   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Antonelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Rush also last week in Scranton PA -- probably my 15th show I've seen in the last 20 years or so.

As always, they put on a great show. I am a die-hard fan, but felt the show lacked their usual energy. I dunno - perhaps the second set with too much S&N music. I missed not hearing 2112, among several other songs. And there were a few I could have done without (Summertime Blues?).

Jon- My cell phone ringtone is Far Cry intro - but I know what you mean - they prereleased the piece that sounds just like its coming from Hemispheres, and I was so stoked, but then the rest of the song migrated into their new style.

I hear Signals and songs from that era and just wish they could go back in time. Maybe I'm just living in the past. You could see it in the crowd though - when they played Digital Man the place was rocking - then they played the newer stuff, and people were clearly not nearly as excited.

All in all, the boys still rock. I have the instrumental on iPod cycling mix/workout, and that song def, gets me pushing harding. Put then again, Between the Wheels, or Marathon Man - even Countdown - push me even harder.

I think every album, for me, represents a time in my life distinctly. Like Moving Pictures is 6th Grade, Hold Your FIre is 11th Grade, etc.... You stop and think about it, and yuo realize you're listening to the same tunes over and over for the last 25 years - and still the music gets you going.

--------------------
Dan Antonelli
Graphic D-Signs, Inc.
279 Route 31 South • Suite 4
Washington, NJ
www.graphicd-signs.com
dan@graphicd-signs.com

"Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies. But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be." - Rush

Posts: 1192 | From: Washington, NJ | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny I have about 150 DVD Concerts, I lettered a sign for rush one time when they played in Town, I actually saw them in halifax the same tour.. It was the only concert that I ever walked out on, could'nt stand them then can't stand them now. I know they have A Huge following ut all I hear from them is Noise....except "Closer to the Heart"

I must be getting old.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Antonelli
Resident

Member # 86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Antonelli   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Antonelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
INteresting Neil. They do invoke a love-hate response usually. The crowd was interesting too -with a lot of kids and families - so that's when you know you are getting old-- LOL....

I am not a musician, but I do believe that Neil Peart is arguably one of the best drummers that ever lived.

--------------------
Dan Antonelli
Graphic D-Signs, Inc.
279 Route 31 South • Suite 4
Washington, NJ
www.graphicd-signs.com
dan@graphicd-signs.com

"Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies. But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be." - Rush

Posts: 1192 | From: Washington, NJ | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pierre Tardif
Resident

Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pierre Tardif   Author's Homepage   Email Pierre Tardif   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice picture Bob!!

I love most of what Rush did until the beginning of the 80's then they lost me. My favorite song of all time is still "The Trees", great progressive music and perfect lyrics!!.

I hesitated a bit before saying no to the concert this coming september, but at $85 and not being sure they'll play the song I like...La villa strangiato...xanadu...yyz...the trees...subdivision...fly by night...

It happened the last time I went to Iron Maiden concert, they only played a few song from the first 5 albums, kinda disppopinting for an old handbanger!!

Dan, I would'nt say Neil Peart is "the" best drummer, but surely one of the most creative and versatile!

Life is so good!

--------------------
Pierre Tardif
P. Tardif Inc.
1006 boul. PIE-XI sud Val-Belair
QC. Canada G3K 1L2
418-847-4089
pierre@ptardif.com

Posts: 800 | From: Quebec city | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!