Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Razzberry Kiss

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Razzberry Kiss
James Chrimes
Resident

Member # 5864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Chrimes   Author's Homepage   Email James Chrimes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am designing a semi dimensional sign for a customer. The frame border and words razzberry kiss will be cnc cut and the rest will be painted. i am not sure if I like the word spacing but because of the size and shape of the sign I am at a standstill. Any ideas are welcome, as this sign is going into a high end market area that I would like to do more signs in. Thanks Jim
[img] www.letterhead.com/album/BullBoard/razz.JPG [/img]

--------------------
JIM CHRIMES
BACON GRAPHICS
56 SUMMIT ROAD
NEWPORT, NH 03773
bacongraphics.com

Posts: 283 | From: Newport, NH | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Chrimes
Resident

Member # 5864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Chrimes   Author's Homepage   Email James Chrimes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
JIM CHRIMES
BACON GRAPHICS
56 SUMMIT ROAD
NEWPORT, NH 03773
bacongraphics.com

Posts: 283 | From: Newport, NH | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Cole
Visitor
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Cole   Email Robert Cole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim:
Nice design!
If the letter style you have chosen will allow it perhaps a minor verticle stretch might help fill some of the negative space. Leave "the alone as far as size. Allow the necklace to drape over the lettering slightly.

Regards,
Bob C.

[ September 27, 2006, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Robert Cole ]

--------------------
Bob Cole
American Sign Company
14163 Akron Canfield Rd.
Berlin Center, Ohio 44401

A.K.A. Vinylman®

Posts: 575 | From: Berlin Center, Ohio, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, Bob's right. The necklace over the type. What about fooling with the sizes of the fonts- can Raspberry Kiss come outside the panel- larger? And maybe put in a decorated band of black for your secondary copy, reversing the letter colouring. I love your illustration of the Gatsby girl by the way. Really suits the top of the frame too.

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it...a lot.
But I would get rid of the scroll and make a real kiss print.
and I would make the beads real.
This would be a fun EZ Sculpt project!
Or just use GG and glue on real beads...after all it is a bead store.
As for spacing, all you really need to do is move the flapper gal down a bit, and the Raspberry part too.
love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the artwork you chose. she needs to leaning on something. I think the choice is good but she looks like she is just hanging out there.

I like the panel shape. The layout fits it well.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you try moving the Kiss down and to the left a tad so the Curly part of the K lands between the b&e and then modify the bottom of the y to fill in the negative space created?
That might stretch out the main copy and give it more impact as well as filling in some of the space betwen it and the secondary copy.
I like Deri's idea of the reverse panel as well and the idea of the beads over the fonts..

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Chrimes
Resident

Member # 5864

The panel is as wide as the wall space available. I was thinking of using a doming resin over the beads to make them look more realistic without getting too much time involved. I will work on the lettering some more. This is the design that she had a graphic designer create. Thank goodness I changed her mind about her image.  -

--------------------
JIM CHRIMES
BACON GRAPHICS
56 SUMMIT ROAD
NEWPORT, NH 03773
bacongraphics.com

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim

I think you have the design worked out pretty well with only a few minor adjustments necessary to take it over the top.

I'm with the others above as far as negative space and having the beads come over the lettering. Basically I stretched the letters vertically and moved things around a little to fill in the negative space and in the process tied things together a bit. By bringing the figure closer to the letters she is now 'leaning' on them like Bruce suggested above.

I played with it for a couple of minutes and here's my take on it...

-

-grampa dan

[ September 27, 2006, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Chrimes
Resident

Member # 5864

Thanks for the help. I think I like it better now.
 -

--------------------
JIM CHRIMES
BACON GRAPHICS
56 SUMMIT ROAD
NEWPORT, NH 03773
bacongraphics.com

Jon Aston
Visitor
Member # 1725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Aston   Email Jon Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James:

Looks terrific!!

If it isn't too late, I would suggest making the woman's lips the same colour as "Razzberry Kiss"...and the thing holding her shawl on white.

--------------------
Jon Aston
MARKETING PARTNERS
"Strategy, Marketing and Business Development"
Tel 705-719-9209

Posts: 1724 | From: Barrie, ON, CANADA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Just one more thing. The "b" has to extend up so she's leaning on it. The leaning in mid air really bugs me.  -

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel that the black outline is too heavy. I'd thin it down.
Maybe put a thin white pinline outline between the black and the violet.
I don't think it needs any scroll by the name.
I'd flip that bottom one. And one is more art noveau than the other...make them a similar style if using both.
And you could use Gorilla Glue dots to make the beads!
I like her lips the way they are, but maybe make the clasp violet to tie her in better.
I like Deri's suggestion about the "b" too.
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!