Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Member Number? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Member Number?
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes when people give answers, I look at their member number. The lower the number the more I respect the answer. I fiqure, the've been around for a while, know the ropes, etc. Anybody else do this?

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3821 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn right, anything below five hundred is gold.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look at the member number and also the amount of posts they've left. Someone might be Member #18 but if he/she made 6,700 posts, you know the poster has an opinion on everything and most of it is probably BS. But if he/she is #20 and only has 150 posts, you can count on each one being a gold nugget.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Blair
Resident

Member # 951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Blair   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Blair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Jantz:
I look at the member number and also the amount of posts they've left. Someone might be Member #18 but if he/she made 6,700 posts, you know the poster has an opinion on everything and most of it is probably BS. But if he/she is #20 and only has 150 posts, you can count on each one being a gold nugget.

That contradicts some people's theory about that. I found that out a couple years ago.

--------------------
Dana Blair
Blair Signs
Wooster, OH
www.blairsigns.com

If sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their picket signs?

Posts: 835 | From: Wooster, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Stoddard
Visitor
Member # 39

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Stoddard   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Stoddard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think you can relate the two - I quite trying to figure out why people do what they do a long time ago.

Also, I think when the board was changed to this format from the ancient one the numbers were reset or changed - something like that. Then again I dont know what the hell I am talking about so there goes that theory [Smile]

--------------------
Brian Stoddard
Northwest Wholesale Signs

brian@nwsigns.com
www.nwsigns.com

Posts: 790 | From: Redmond, WA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I've been on this BB since 1996 and thats a fact you can ask Steve. So Alicia, does this men that if Jeff Crank answered a question it wouldn't have the same effect of someone who was on the board longer?

Yeah right!

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't agree, Alicia.

One example, for instance...

Look at Rapid Ray's number, & his number of posts. Pretty High! But I find he sure knows his stuff!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your "member number" has no relation as to how long you have been registered to the site.

When the changeover was made, random numbers were assigned.

Look for the registered datein the lower rights side, that will be the accurate date.

[For Your Information]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno my number.
And I have like a million posts!
But I do not judge someone by their number.
I do judge people (which is wrong) by the way they are in person.
You can read tons of advice on here from someone who at a meet could not design their way out of a paper bag, much less know how to handle a brush.
[Smile]
love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Peterson
Visitor
Member # 70

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Chuck Peterson   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Youre absolutely right Alicia. The lower the number, the more knowledgable the member. [Wink]
edited to add icon

[ September 21, 2006, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Chuck Peterson ]

--------------------
Chuck Peterson Designs
San Diego, CA

Posts: 1052 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm flattered, Bobbie.

My membership number is exactly that...my spot in line as to when I registered in Letterville like everyone else.
I think more than half the posts I've made since signing up are either off topic comments, birthday wishes or feeble attempts at humour, but with 12 years of experience in this stuff prior to signing up here, I'd like to think I have something to offer.
I know as a fact that there are members here in Letterville with much more experience than I have and higher membership numbers, for no other reason that, like myself, they had never heard of Letterheads before then. It would be a shame to write off their knowledge based on when they became members here.

Rapid

[ September 21, 2006, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Ray Rheaume ]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Salyers
Visitor
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Salyers   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Salyers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been gone a while. I took a few years off to raise my daughter. Upon my return it seems like most of the same people have been here since the mid/late 90's. I remember Steve and Barb when they were at my home almost 10 years ago or so thinking this group/club/site/entity wouldn't amount to much. I told them they've created a monster! lol Although I've lost my member status and they've changed my name, I still have a low visitor number! [Big Grin]

--------------------
AirbrushBobby.com
Clearwater, FL
The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.1Cor1:18
“The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord”Rom6:23

Posts: 505 | From: Clearwater Florida USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm....if the lower member number garners more respect, what about those with high post numbers?

(excuse me while I duck for cover)

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Wood
Visitor
Member # 6543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Wood   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People in front of the line are always happier than those who are in the back!

--------------------
Bill Wood
Bill Wood, Sign Artist
3628 Ogburn Ave., NE
Winston-Salem, NC 27105-3752
336-682-5820

Posts: 397 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake Wright
Visitor
Member # 6584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blake Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Blake Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been a Letterhead member since 01, but only started using the BB this year.
Does that make me not know anything? I do know alot more now that I've been using the BB.

Also my post are low. But I don't post here until I get really stumped. Most of my questions can be awnserd by doing a BB search.

I Just would hate to know I didn't get any respect becouse of those few numbers and not who I am.

--------------------
Blake Wright
The Sign Shop of Florence
Florence S.C.

Posts: 78 | From: Effingham, S.C. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Blake, I don't listen to people above 5,000.
Even if your last name is Wright.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never thought to descriminate against someone because of their member number. Although I've seen it there, it didn't mean much.

I tend to respect people based on what they say and what they do.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
member numbers and post counts are meaningless especially when someone's a nosey McNoserson like me and puts his dos centavos in every thread he can. [Smile]

The bodybuilding forum I visit has this setup where other members can give someone else "Reputation Points", or even take 'em away, and their Rep is displayed under their name. Of course that still doesn't mean anything if people are just trying to jack up someone else's numbers but it can indicate that person has a solid rep of offering sound advice (or just total BS if they're in the red).

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicola Rowlands
Visitor
Member # 5371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicola Rowlands   Email Nicola Rowlands       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I tend to respect people based on what they say and what they do. [/QB]

my thoughts exactly [Smile]

--------------------
Nicola Rowlands
RGS Signs & Screenprinting
Reval Green
Finavon By Forfar
Angus scotland
01307 850 260

'learn from the mistakes of others..you can't live long enough to make them yourself'

Posts: 108 | From: scotland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the numbers were the year that you got to be in charge. You mean I've been waiting all this time for nothing?

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Holden
Visitor
Member # 5653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Holden   Email Ken Holden       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sterotyped by a bulletin board that I actually
sent money to support. Two people told me I would
find a warm and friendly group here. This thread
is really an eye opener.

--------------------
Ken Holden
7 Oaks Signs
18457 Hwy 22
Ponchatoula, LA 70454

Posts: 144 | From: Ponchatoula, LA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We ARE a warm & friendly group, aren't we, everybody? [Wink]

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My member number is my IQ [Razz] [Cool]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All together now: "YES, number 3341."

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Smith
Visitor
Member # 146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People also judge/get judged on their looks and I am NOT overweight and do NOT have jaundice. Do smile a bit, though.

--------------------
Frank Smith
Frank Smith Signs
Albany, NY
www.franksmithsigns.com

Posts: 807 | From: Albany, NY USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was sometime in 2001 that there were changes made to the board. When that happened, numbers were assigned that had nothing to do with registration date. Look at Robert Salyers who joined in Feb 1999 and is #5 while Glenn Taylor joined 3 months earlier but is #162. Anyone who joined after that re-vamp was given the next number.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I quess the member number has no real value as to what the person is saying. Member #895439 could have just as much knowledge as member #3.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3821 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I.O.A.F.N. !!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Frank [Smile]

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like my number. It's the lucky one!

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Steve Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Purcell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to live in a number-blind society.
We must end numberism.

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Purcell Woodcarving & Signmaking
Cape Cod, MA

Intelligent Design Is No Accident

Posts: 900 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Modzel
Resident

Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Modzel   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Modzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If numbers made any difference you'd all be buying Macs. [Cool]

--------------------
Bill Modzel
Mod-Zel screen Printing
Traverse city, MI
modzel@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1357 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Bill. I would not.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Alicia,
The only reason why our numbers don't matter to some is because they have higher numbers and they don't want to admit that others are smarter than them [Smile]

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buwahahahahaha! Better Bill make the comment than me. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's just a number, ... like my age, and my weight. Doesn't mean a thing! Just numbers. [Wink]

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Frank, what the heck is I.O.A.F.N.???????

I can't find it on net lingo or noth'in!!!!! [I Don t Know]

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bobbie....
It's Only A F***ing Number!
Just like IOAFS is...well...you get it.
Franks' right.
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

oooooohhhhhh, ok, thanks Jilly! Lol! :0

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Bill Biggs
Resident

Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Biggs   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Biggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am member no 18, but I do a lot more reading and learning from this site than I do posting.
Most times someone else has already answered
your questions before I get a chance LOL.
Bill
PS won't be long till taxes are due again.
Don't forget, It'll be my 9th year this November
and I still learn a lot from this site every day.
Bill

--------------------
Bill & Barbara Biggs
Art's Sign Service, Inc.
Clute, Texas, USA
Home of The Great Texas Mosquito Festival
Proud 10 year Supporter of the Letterheads Website
www.artssigns.com
"MrBill-" on the chat page
MailTo:biggsbb@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1020 | From: Lake Jackson,Tx | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!