Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Peanut Butter help (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Peanut Butter help
Kimmy Fitzgerald
Visitor
Member # 5109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimmy Fitzgerald   Email Kimmy Fitzgerald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ken.... Smoking PP is not a good thing...but I was thinking tonight on the grill.........

--------------------
Kimberly Fitzgerald

Posts: 149 | From: Marblehead, Ma | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How this got here is beyond me; it's like magic or something.

[ August 25, 2006, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Ricky Jackson ]

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTI ...spoke with the folks at Skippy and they said it should work okay...
[Wink]
Rapid [/QB][/QUOTE]
I know you're going to think this is too simplistic but I tried the Skippy and it works!! I palletted it out with a knife, a smooth, reasonably thin layer on both sides of the white bread; I toated it in the toaster and it came out absolutely perfect! I think I'm going to IM Emeril Lagasse and let him know too.

Also, in my exhaustive research on the net, I've found that most peanut butters contain Penetrol, Turps and Edge and a couple of them even have a product called "DT870". No wonder you have to put *raspberry* jam on these things - to cover the taste of the PB!

I think Peter Pan owes Skippy an appology.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have got to quit using Rapid Tac on everything. Bad things may happen...

-

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1966 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I may have figured this thing out after all.

I got an email form a fellow PBhead that suggested that my toasting methods might be slightly askew and causing all this grief.

So much for using a heat lamp. I'm thinking about steaming the bread first. Anyone have any expeience with this process?
[Wink]
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops...double dunked

[ August 25, 2006, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Ray Rheaume ]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no no no...that'll make it all soggy! yuck!! toast it up baby! and use skippy super chunk!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get me started! [Rolling On The Floor]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3488 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nevman's picture looks like Florida after the hurricanes, but not quite soggy enough.

If you use the heat lamps, you have to follow up with Rapid Spread, otherwise, you'll have indigestible residues on the bread.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5092 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guy H. J. Hilliard
Visitor
Member # 2529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guy H. J. Hilliard   Author's Homepage   Email Guy H. J. Hilliard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Goobers to the lot of you!

--------------------
Guy Hilliard
Sawdust and Noise
CNC Routing /
Laser Cutting and Engraving
Brampton, Ont.
Canada

Posts: 164 | From: Brampton. Ont. Canada | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's no wonder we can't keep merchants on this place....everyone is an expert!

These good folks are here for a reason - use them!

PB TECH SUPPORT
Kellie Miller
1-800-845-0745

May I also suggest Bannana on a Roll (must be one of those newfangled fruit roll up thingies) a must with PB!

Cambridge Canvas Centre Ltd.

Our company developed and patented a unique banana on a roll product for the sign-making industry that has been overwhelmingly accepted world-wide.!

Mike Holzhauser 1-800-265-8151

Give these good folks a call and remind them how much we appreciate their support. [Wink]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the real problem is most of us are working for "peanuts".

Doctors and lawyers have caviar on their toast!

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the difference between a Doctor & a Sign Maker?

If there's a failure, a Doctor gets to bury his project, we hafta re-do it. [Bash]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3488 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bury it in peanut butter.

Hmmm.... did anyone notice we may have the world's leading expert on this in Jon [Peanut]Butterworth?

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5092 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louie Pascuzzi
Resident

Member # 1373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Louie Pascuzzi   Author's Homepage   Email Louie Pascuzzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've checked the Merchant pages and can't find anyone in the northeast that carries PB. Alot of jelly but no PB. Maybe Barb can contact Skippy and try to sign them up as merchants here.

--------------------
Lou Pascuzzi
www.economysigns.com
Fine Hand Lettering since 1973
Danbury, Ct
203-748-4580
"IOAFS"

Posts: 341 | From: Danbury, Ct | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if I could steam PB? Hmmmm

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Davie
Visitor
Member # 2172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Davie   Email Jason Davie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got here but... Ray yer doing it all wrong..
If you lay yer toster on its side you can put the peanut butter on the bread before ya tost it.. But pleas make sure that the peanut butter is on the top side...

Jason D

--------------------
Jason Davie
193 Front Street
Deposit, NY 13754

Posts: 976 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Ok, now I am officially confused.
Thanks, Jason.
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, I tried hitting an Apple nail with a hammer, (they call it 'driving 'it), and it immediately haemorraged in several different directions at once.(kind of like a WINdow XPlosion). It wasn't a PC hammer, I know that much for sure, and they WERE compatible- the hammer got stuck in it. It was kind of the same effect as booting the Apple, but you need to wear steel capped boots or like Dusty's thumb, it starts to hurt.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Schuttinga
Visitor
Member # 2821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Schuttinga   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Schuttinga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other unofficial uses for the PB that dripped from your toast:

It is great at taking tree sap of just about anything, try it the next time you get some sap on your hands.

Rats love the stuff, so I always use it for bait in the rat traps.

I've heard it works on bee stings as well, although this is not confirmed.

Dont use it on you brushes in lieu of brush oil. It will make your brush more responsive, but the little critters will eat your brushes for sure.

Little known PB fact:
When overheated it will melt and run off your toast. Scanned from an inter office memo at Jiffy

--------------------
"Are we having fun yet?"
Peter Schuttinga
DZines Sign Studio
1617 Millstream rd
Victoria BC
V9B-6G4

Posts: 521 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up North, we eat Adams Crunchy, All Natural, salted.

Mind you, it's made by Smucker Foods, Canada, could by allied with Smucker jams, of USA, problem right there.... hmmmmm

Always shake, stir, this PB to get the good oils friendly with the peanuts, after opening, into the fridge....spread thick, goes down good on half apples with the core stuff out. or...eat with a spoon...

I will bring a jar of Adams to Dixie, let it commune with the Peanut Brothers and Sisters of the South( no doubt, it's distant cousins,hopefully, not 2nd cousins, that could lead to some strange spread, hmmm)

BTJ

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! Are we now going to be subjected to the sight of PB jars fornicating at Letterhead Meets?

But then, if you cross Ozzie PB with USA PB could you then spread both sides of the toast as ours goes on up-side-down?

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

This is one oil based product I'm never gonna get the hang of....

-

Jon,
Fornicating and peanut butter in the same sentence...you really are the expert here. David was right!

Off to take a cold shower...
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

Don't start me on the subject of "Jelly" !

[Eek!]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

Al Checca
Visitor
Member # 2216

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Al Checca   Email Al Checca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KARYN BUSH:
yeah i'll have what you guys are smoking.....

Yeah no kidding.... Count me in also... [Cool]

--------------------
Al Checca
Kidney dialysis Pt.
wizard42171967@yahoo.com

Posts: 261 | From: Latrobe just outside Pittsburgh Pa in Latrobe | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Checca
Visitor
Member # 2216

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Al Checca   Email Al Checca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a nutty thread.....

--------------------
Al Checca
Kidney dialysis Pt.
wizard42171967@yahoo.com

Posts: 261 | From: Latrobe just outside Pittsburgh Pa in Latrobe | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made up my mind some years back which to grow and at the prices peanuts sell for, I opted to grow herbs instead. These two products seem to go well together as I love to give the PB on a piece of bread to my doggies and watch them [Smile]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by captain ken:
Dusty as for your nail issue... I usually don't respond to thread hijackers, so i only got 1 word for you...screw!

I ain't apologizing for nuthin. And as for your expert opinion, I've only got one word for you.

NUTS!

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Purcell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skippy is on sale for 99 cents at Stop & Shop.

I'm all set for the hurricane, now.

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Purcell Woodcarving & Signmaking
Cape Cod, MA

Intelligent Design Is No Accident

Posts: 900 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all know that PB Resin will solve the issue. Available from our merchants, of course.

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs
Gettysburg PA 17325 717-334-0200
genegolden@gettysburgsigns.com

"Art is knowing when to stop."

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!