Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Brush Bash 2 - Thank you to all

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brush Bash 2 - Thank you to all
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up to Kurt Gaber's 2nd Brush Bash in Chippewa Falls. I had a great time....so much so that I haven't left yet!

I want to give a big thank you to Kurt, Natalie, Lindsay, and Hunter for inviting me both to help at the meet and to stay with them while I was in Chippewa. They have treated me like family during my whole visit to Chippewa. What a terrific family. The amount of time and effort put into this event by Kurt and his family boggles my little mind....THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

Special thank you to Tatiana Zank for doing a good portion of the the portrait work on the Harmony Courtyard Bus Crash Memorial Wall. She is an amazing artist and a dear friend. I could not have completed this project at this high level of quality without her devoted help. It was an honor to have her at the meet.

-

-

-

I have to say that the Harmony Courtyard mural project was one of the most difficult and rewarding projects that I have worked on to this point in my life. Many surviving family members showed up to give input and just to visit the site. It was pretty common to turn around and see someone quietly weeping while we did the portraits of those who were lost in the accident. I too had to hold back the tears as I worked on the project. Many times I just had to take a time out and get focused on the job at hand and try to do my best to honor the 5 people who lost their lives just about a year ago.

[ August 15, 2006, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Dale Manor ]

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also would like to thank several others for helping out.

Marnie Keilholz, who helped with several of the marching band members portraits and Seymour Cray's portrait (the first go-round!). She is a very talented young lady!

-

Thanks to Angie Wolpers and Shaelyn Benson A.K.A. Stevey Wonder.....you guys were a big help and are also dear friends.

-

Thanks also to the Budd's....Tom, Mary, Kali, and my little bud Maggie....You also helped out a lot, and I was happy to have ya'll there...love you guys!

-

-

Stevey...put that brush down before you hurt someone with it.

-

-

-

THANKS TO ALL!

[ August 15, 2006, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Dale Manor ]

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Lane
Visitor
Member # 5850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Lane   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dale,

Great photos! You really do have some amazing friends! I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see myself and Steve sitting there listening to the band playing with the heavenly chorus! Beware whose camera you get in front of at a Letterhead's meet!
When does the gypsy painter get moving again? We can't wait to come see you in Vermont! What crazy stuff will we get into there?
Big hugs!
Dawn Lane

--------------------
Steve Lane
jackflashsigns
19894 Yonge Street
Holland Landing ON
(905) 886-9656
jackflashsigns@rogers.com

Posts: 34 | From: Holland Landing ON (serving the GTA for over 30 years) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!