Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT- Figured out what's been gnawing at my bush....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT- Figured out what's been gnawing at my bush....
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUNNIES!!!

Three of my pigmy Barberry bushes have had several "twigs" snapped/chewed off. Looked like a nice clean cut...nothing that bugs would do. Couldn't figure out what was destroying them....

Then my wife hollered for me as she was watering the bushes and landscape plants. She discovered these!!

-

They are cute when they're little as the saying goes....but these rabbits around here sure are destructive.

Should I pick them up and take them out in the woods?

Chances are high that they'll be in the crosshairs in a few months....so I'd just as soon set them free somewhere so we don't cross paths when they're full grown and destroying my garden, plants, etc.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BLAST DOSE CWAZY WABBITS!

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this Todd

Ingredients:

2 – 3 Rabbits cut and cubed for stew meat
2 boxes Lipton garlic and chive potato seasoning packs
4 – 5 large potatoes cut and cubed
1 cup sliced carrots
1 lg. white onion, sliced and diced
1 jar Heinz heat and eat Brown gravy

Soak the rabbit pieces in saltwater overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown the rabbit pieces in a skillet with a small amount of oil.
Use one package of Lipton potato seasoning to coat the rabbit meat and the other package of seasoning to coat the potatoes (Follow the directions on the box).
Spread the rabbit, potatoes, carrots and onion on a shallow baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Add the gravy and bake for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They look way too young to be snatched from their Mom.
Leave 'em be.
I had sweet little baby bunnies like this in my flowerbed.
They were so cute!
The day after I noticed them, Mom moved them.
That's probably what will happen to yours.
Bunnies are smarter than you think.
Meanwhile I have a 22 year old with a .22, so most rabbits don't stand a chance in my yard.
love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat.. [Rolling On The Floor] that's too funny.

Jill..Yeah, I didn't know if the mother feeds them, or if they nibble whatever is near or what....

Jon.. Hahaha...I'll tell ya what...I nudged one of them and that thing jumped around like a live wire....they get fast real quick.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thems critters are dinner.. thats all ,, they not cute,, they not friendly, they nutin but dinner..

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Well, I could use a nice warm pair of ear muffs! Winter is just around the corner. [Razz]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be happy you don't have my problem Todd...

-

He was pestering me for beer and chips [Smile]

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be Vewy Vewy Quiet, Tawd's Hunting Wabbit

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got that one covered too...

1 Woodchuck
1 tb Salt
1 c Flour
4 tb Fat
1/2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper

1. Skin and clean woodchuck and cut into 6 or 7 pieces
2. Put in pot, add salt and enough water to cover and parboil for 1 hour.
3. Remove meat from the broth, and drain.
4. Dredge meat in flour, salt and pepper.
5. Melt fat in heavy fry pan and saute woodchuck until nicely browned.

Serves 6

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now Patrick, you ain't foolin' me... I know you are just taking that Monkeytown Baked Possum Recipe and changing the main ingredient dependin' on what varmint you're huntin'. [Big Grin]

Edited for grammatik error: changed aren't to ain't...

[ August 09, 2006, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Jon Jantz ]

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Got that one covered too...

1 Woodchuck
1 tb Salt
1 c Flour
4 tb Fat
1/2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper

1. Skin and clean woodchuck and cut into 6 or 7 pieces
2. Put in pot, add salt and enough water to cover and parboil for 1 hour.
3. Remove meat from the broth, and drain.
4. Dredge meat in flour, salt and pepper.
5. Melt fat in heavy fry pan and saute woodchuck until nicely browned.

When done,, throw away the woodchuck and eat the frying pan..

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That ain't called a woodchuck around these parts, that's a groundhog!
And I have a HUGE one in the yard.
Justis was tenting out the other night and he could hear one sniffing and hissing around his tent.
love....Jill
PS
This is what was on our back porch in Florida last month! Yikes!
 -

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad said if a rabbit will eat it...then it should be good in a salad.

Hmmmm...courage!

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Purcell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, at first I thought this was a thread about crabs.. [Razz]

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Purcell Woodcarving & Signmaking
Cape Cod, MA

Intelligent Design Is No Accident

Posts: 900 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Steve, that's funny.

Reminds me of the advertisement (completely worn out) around here for seafood markets, restaurants, etc.

Billboards and tshirts reading "Got Crabs?"

Never could turn that into an appetizing image...

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Hey, what can I say?! I started out in commercial art/advertising in college.....ya gotta give a headline that makes people want to look...hehehehe...

The rabbits are gone this morning....either a cat got them or they hippity-hopped away....

Talk about disloyalty!! Something invades your bush for a few days and then leaves without so much as a kiss goodbye! LOL.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I have chipmunks living in the chipper/shredder sitting on the back patio. How's that for irony?

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh! Turn it on!
Chipped steak anyone?
hahahahaha
Love....Jill
Todd, I told you those bunnies would book!

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Yep....you called that right Jill! Skidaddled they did! [Smile]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Peter Schuttinga
Visitor
Member # 2821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Schuttinga   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Schuttinga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you use Roger's Rabbit remover??

And some toothpaste??

swell....

--------------------
"Are we having fun yet?"
Peter Schuttinga
DZines Sign Studio
1617 Millstream rd
Victoria BC
V9B-6G4

Posts: 521 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Toddd. they in my skillett. yummmm.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!