Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » WATER or COKE(thinkaboutit) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WATER or COKE(thinkaboutit)
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey ray BITE ME!!!!!! hahahahahahahaahah

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard burping releases endorphins, and must admit I get a good feeling from a belch.

My pop told me a great story along this line.

When he was working as a foreman in a waxed paper plant, there was a rumor going around that if you put a nail in a bottle of coke, it would dissolve it. After talking about a while, one of the guys there wanted to see if it was true, so he dropped a nail into a bottle, snapped the cap back on it and put it up on a shelf in the break room.

The next weekend when no one was around, my dad went down to the machine shop of the plant, got some fine grindings, replaced the nail with the dust and put the bottle back.

A couple weeks passed and he reminded the guy of the experiment. The guy never drank Coke again and told people everywhere about how it ate the nail. He told people at church, his neighbors, and went to his grave believing Coke would dissolve a nail.

Another story of his that usually accompanies the nail story is about his neighbor and the prototype 100 mpg carburetor. The neighbor bought a new car and was bragging about the gas mileage, so they thought they'd help him out.

They added some gas to his tank everyday so that he thought he was getting crazy gas mileage... until he took it in for a tune up at which point, they stopped adding the gas. The guy got furious with the mechanic and swore there was a special prototype carburetor that somehow got out of the lab into that car and the mechanic must have switched it.

Again went to his grave holding a grudge against the mechanic.

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by old paint:
MIKE, IAN, did either of you read post 7328?

No such thing Joe... a few posts ago, they all were # 7328... now none of them are! [Smile]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coke will dissolve aluminum, thats why all the cans have plastic liners!

If drinking water is so great how come doctors give everyone water pills? They make the body dehydrated to lower blood pressure "the silent killer".

So what to do? Drink lots of water or take water pills, maybe I'll do both... oops that sounds equivalent to doing nothing!

ernie

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Opie, I guess the question you are asking is,"Quality of life, or quantity of life?"

I enjoy my Cokes, smokes, steaks, etc...

My question is, Why suffer through life for 20 - 30 years without the things you enjoy to stretch that existence(not LIFE) out for another year or two?

Then I would just be a grumpy old fart that nobody wanted to talk to, insted of a happy old fart that SOME people don't want to talk to.

PS Glad your surgery went well, and you are getting better. Hope to see you again soon.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2274 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My "power drink" is full of electrolites and protein. Just pour some peanuts into my bottle of Pepsi and I'm good to go.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eat Right, Exercise, Live a good life and get hit by a bus! [Razz]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don i luv ya, but youre statement is the same stuff i heard from the people in drug rehab......and altimatly took them back to their drug be it booze, pot, cocaine, cigarettes, coke, sugar, food, or any thing else you deem as youre "quaility of life.... provider."
ask the guy who is 550 pound how he got there, he ENJOYED PIZZA, BIG MACS, MOUNTAIN DEW by the gallon.
ask the guy walkin around with an oxygen bottle and hose to his nose, AND HES STILL SMOKING. ask guys like sonny barger(hells angles)who has a hole in his throat, now because all the cigarettes he smoked. ask our mayor....
iam in the VA clinic the other day waitin to get my cath out, this guy comes in sits beside me with an oxygen bottle, tube in his nose, pack of cigarettes in his pocket, smells like a smoke filled pool hall, and proceeds to complain about the VA health care!!!!!! what wrong here? or better whats right.
again i luv ya, these are youre choices i understand that. and some ive know have lived to be 80 smoked, drank, raised hell all their lives and we all wind up in the same place no matter what we do here.....but...my quaility of life is not dictated by what i consume, but how iam functioning. so i give up meat, cigarette, cokes, booze, and still wind up with bladder cancer.......but if i didnt give up those other things when i did....i might not be have been here to get bladder cancer.....hahahahahaha
AND SURVIVE IT! or it coulda taken my whole body like a couple of really close freinds, ginny and cindy, both younger then me and continued to smoke....one had throat cancer the other had bone cancer. if they didnt smoke ..would they still be here....dont know, but i know there gone.......and i miss them.....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Schuttinga
Visitor
Member # 2821

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Peter Schuttinga   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Schuttinga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine, vegitarian by choice, always said " it's not what you eat that's going to kill you, it's what's eating you that's going to kill you".
Dehydration, easily preventable, keep a bottle of water with you no matter where you go. Make it part of your routine.
Moderation is what it's all about. A Coke or two a day is not going to amount to much, unless it's the big gulp 25 OZ size we are talking about. Most pop drinkers that start their day with a big pop, instead of breakfast, tend to be on the heavier side. Correlation? Probably.
Mythbusters did dispell almost all those myths about Coke, but we like our folklore don't we?
Smoking, go ahead, smoke all you want, just not around me please. Hey, it just means more pension money for the rest of us, that's all.
My father died from emphasema, amongst other problems. Rolled his own smokes for years, drum tobacco. He even let us kids roll a few for him the odd time, cool hey? What a slow and miserable way to go, it slowly restricts you as to what you can do, because you just cant get any more air into your system. You know tomorrow will not ne any better. My father inlaw is struggling with it too. A flight of stairs just about does him in.

If it's something you enjoy, then enjoy it. But if it's something you cant do without, or simply cant get enough of, or worst case you really need it, got to have it, cant make it through the day without it, it's time to re-evaluate your priorities. Whos is in charge? You, or what you are consuming?

In the movie the Matrix, humans were reduced to no more than a source of electricity, batteries to be exact. My way of thinking we are more likely carbon lifeform filters for our planet.
Our purpose is to absorb as much of the 'nasties' as possible before we die, to render them harmless for mother earth herself.

Some of us are just better filters than others.

Peter, aka Fram.

--------------------
"Are we having fun yet?"
Peter Schuttinga
DZines Sign Studio
1617 Millstream rd
Victoria BC
V9B-6G4

Posts: 521 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Diabetes...

Right now I'm sitting here with my foot up, fighting an infected toe, and having to go back to the Dr. today because altho the toe is better my whole foot is swollen and painful...

I Have peripheral neuropathy and was warned years ago to make some changes or this sort of thing would happen.

I didn't listen and now it's effecting my life in a way that impedes my ability to enjoy the things I love to do like riding, hiking, gardening, and painting. (try any of those things with your foot elevated above your heart!)

A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

A friend of mine, vegitarian by choice, always said " it's not what you eat that's going to kill you, it's what's eating you that's going to kill you".
i like that one and its true, as to youre mental state. positive thinking people tend to be happier, less ill, and seem to go about their life without gettin upset at the small bumps and turns that some people just get more angry and dwell on the bad parts of it.
my favorite line similar to the one you stated:
"you are what you eat" in reality i take it to the next step.............."you are what you dont excret." is more like it.
youre body will keep only what it needs and some of the bad things you put in are to get rid of.
good example is the PROTIEN MYTH. look at the RDA for amount of protien you need, and then look at how much you consume. and what aint used by the body......is disposed of.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP, you might enjoy the book The Maker's Diet, by Jordan Rubin.

Basicly going back to the Biblical principles of eating. It's not vegetarian, but makes very valid points on why certain foods are not meant to be eaten (i.e. shellfish, pork, pasturaized/homogenized milk).

Be well,
A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey now, I dont smoke and never have,and I dont drink, not even beer.
So if anyone tries to take my Coke from me, they'll get an asskicking!
I drink alot of water, but man that Coca Cola is just too good. [Smile]

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto John

not to mention there is water in Coke too !

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!